ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on cost of a cat d clio

182 FF
I know how opinions are on here about CAt D cars, but i've persuaded my mate to join the 172 revolution as he was so impressed with mine

Only problem is his finances are tight, went to look at a MK1 172 with 42K on the clock, CAT D 2yrs ago according to the owner, said he'd take 3.5 for it, it is immaculate and clearly been well cared for.
What is the book price and what should he offer?

182 FF
Thats what I thought, had a look at a few now, but a lot of em are rough with 70k miles on em, just hard wk with his budget being low

Ad

MK2 FRS
Id say 3k was fair, that would like fetch closer to 5k consideringt the mileage and condition if its as described.

Vectra :(
I would say 3k-3.5k considering the milage.

I bought a Cat D Ph1 as a second car/future trackday car last year, its got 50k on the clock and if i was to sell i wouldnt let it go for less than 3k how it is now.

As said there are some non listed ones out there for 3.5k but they are usually 70k + miles and tatty.

I wouldnt take too much notice of any advice on here.

If you post anything they dont like its immediately moved or deleted.

To be honest tho i wouldnt buy a cat d renault.

They are pretty much like a cardboard box:( Once damaged and then they are ruined.

They are pretty much like a cardboard box:( Once damaged and then they are ruined.

You wuldn't happen to be a bitter ex member?

Nothing wrong with a crash repaied one though if done right.

Vectra :(

You wuldn't happen to be a bitter ex member?

Nothing wrong with a crash repaied one though if done right.

Doesnt have to be crash damage either. Mine had vandal damage to all the interior and all the windows put through along with some light panel damage. To be honest since the incident its had a respray, and brand new panels etc its actually a lot tidier than my previous newer ph2 172