ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on purchasing a clio 182

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

hiya, new to this, been reccomended by some people on pistonheads.com so thought i would give it a try.

really really want a clio 182, with both cup packs in inferno paint. have heard on pistonheads that some folk got one similar for between 11.5-12.5k. went to a dealer today and he said that the best price he could get for me was 13625.

also need to do finance on it, but i am very unknoledgeable about the subject. the guy said that he could do a 5% flat rate, is this good?

i would end up paying about 203 a month which is too much for me. i also have p/x which i was expecting to take some of the monthly costs down

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Welcome to the club!!!

There are cheaper prices than 13.6K but I dont know where...others will know though. Just beware, as some dealers will try to sell you a full fat 182 with no cup packs on for similar price. There is a 182 cup, which is a cheaper interior (some would feel) but is cheaper, and comes in inferno.

so you have the following...

Full fat 182

Full fat 182 with cup packs (suspension and spoiler(s))

182 cup

and now 182 trophy

**Sorry if Ive missed any out!

i dont mean to sound pedantic or pessimistic or whatever it is but i already know all that, thanks for explaining anyway mate. (i suppose no offence is easiest!)

im clio mad now, been looking at the damn things for months just waiting for the time to be right!

was interested in a trophy but have decided against it because of the extra cost.

will be going for the full fat with the cup packs

[Edited by polarbert on 09 July 2005 at 11:13pm]

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 09 July 2005

really really want a clio 182, with both cup packs in inferno paint. have heard on pistonheads that some folk got one similar for between 11.5-12.5k. went to a dealer today and he said that the best price he could get for me was 13625.
also need to do finance on it, but i am very unknoledgeable about the subject. the guy said that he could do a 5% flat rate, is this good?

i would end up paying about 203 a month which is too much for me. i also have p/x which i was expecting to take some of the monthly costs down
Shop round have a look here they compair all prices for new 182s.

http://www.insuresupermarket.com/newcars/newcarsstep1.asphttp://www.insuresupermarket.com/newcars/newcarsstep1.asp

You should be looking at paying about £12.5k for one with both cup packs and metalic paint. I got a quote of that from my dealership. However that was when thy were having a bad month. Alos at the time I was eligable for the 4 yeas interest free credit which although I had the cash would have meant I could stick the cash in the bank and earn about £1k interest over 4 years.

5% not a bad price depends on your circumstances banks may offer you at a lower rate depending on your credit history etc.

How much of a part ex do you have say £3k deposit youd be looking at a finacing of £9.5k over 4 years youd be looking at paying about £290 a month. To get under £200 a month (and still own the car at the end of 3 years) and your looking at a £6.5k deposte or there abouts.

Might we worth looking at a year or so 182 you can get them for £10k. With a £3k deposit your looking at £210 a month over 3 years. There ever some 182s for £9k.

What about a 172 say 2002 you can get them for £7k which with £3k deposit will cost £170 a month for just 2 years.

Mk1 172s can be picked up for £5k which means you could pay £3k deposit and pay £175 a month for just one year before the cars paid for.

my car is worth 6k with around 2.5k finance still on it, would probably want it over 5 years

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 09 July 2005

my car is worth 6k with around 2.5k finance still on it, would probably want it over 5 years
Arr right so your looking at £3.5k cash as such for a £12.5k car. Thats £9k to finance Id guess about £180 a month is the figure to aim for. Definatly look at used 182s though for 9~10k its a fair saving and youll still have a good amount of warenty left. A 182 for £9k could be paid for for in 3 years at £170 a month

my heads in pieces at the moment. i was looking at nearly new and there are a few gems around, but the good ones are private and i would need trade to p/x me car

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Hiya

Are you sure you can still get a 182 in inferno as I thought that they had stopped the colour.

It isnt available on the website or in the lastest brochure

Unless there are some floating around the dealers - if thats the case then I would try and get it even cheaper,

have a look at this post on the http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1724Renaultsport forum they are talking about getting a trophy for less than £13495

good luck with getting the car you want

H

thanks for that, yep they are still making them in inferno. the dealer said today he could order me one, asked a few other places and they can get them brand new as well

CTR

Also upgraded from an Astra SXi to a cupped 182 a couple of months ago, and certainly not regretted it!

With regards to finance, IMO 5 years is a long time to pay for a car. After 3 years with no warranty running / servicing costs will inevitably go up - are you going to stitch yourself up in the future committing yourself to 5 years?

Also, is there no way you could afford around 250 a month? Renaults 0% finance deal saves you about 900 quid over 3 years (at 5.9% APR), and Id guess will be near 1500 quid over 5 years.

Anyway, good luck getting it!

Quote: Originally posted by stu182 on 10 July 2005

Also upgraded from an Astra SXi to a cupped 182 a couple of months ago, and certainly not regretted it!

With regards to finance, IMO 5 years is a long time to pay for a car. After 3 years with no warranty running / servicing costs will inevitably go up - are you going to stitch yourself up in the future committing yourself to 5 years?

Also, is there no way you could afford around 250 a month? Renaults 0% finance deal saves you about 900 quid over 3 years (at 5.9% APR), and Id guess will be near 1500 quid over 5 years.

Anyway, good luck getting it!
i dont know about 250, i mean im a pretty poor student at the moment, i would have to work shed loads while i was at uni and not too sure about how much pressure it would put me under.

will have to do some serious workings out over the next week, i want a 182 so badly!

Silver 182 F/F

Look at these guys,i used them when trading in my Leon Cupra which they gave me a good price for,their interest rate is good and they are UK sourced direct from the dealer.One problem is they might put you down has a second owner like happened to some people,but they can know get round it and i was the first owner

http://www.new-car-discount.com/cgi-bin/cardetail.cgi?carID=1252http://www.new-car-discount.com/cgi-bin/cardetail.cgi?carID=1252

I couldnt get my dealer to offer any less than full retail so i know how you feel when other seem to get there dealers round £12.5k

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 10 July 2005

Look at these guys,i used them when trading in my Leon Cupra which they gave me a good price for,their interest rate is good and they are UK sourced direct from the dealer.One problem is they might put you down has a second owner like happened to some people,but they can know get round it and i was the first owner

http://www.new-car-discount.com/cgi-bin/cardetail.cgi?carID=1252http://www.new-car-discount.com/cgi-bin/cardetail.cgi?carID=1252

I couldnt get my dealer to offer any less than full retail so i know how you feel when other seem to get there dealers round £12.5k

they do look quite good, where are they based do you know?

are they brand new cars with alarms?

at work today i couldnt stop thinking about the 182, ive got the bug bad!

need to have one asap

Hi i own clio 182 inferno what a colour, havent seen any one the road since i took delivery of it two months ago. I went to arnold clarke renault, 05 plate full climate pack, cup spoiler and suspension pack, 6 cd multi changer, the works. Paid £13.8k and they do good deals on insurance if your over 25 £450 fully comp cant argue with that. Just dont let your girlfriend drive it mine put a decent scratch down the passenger side, ill have to get new side mouldings sprayd and fitted. I havent even made my first payment on the car!!

Thanks

Peter

how much are your monthly payments if you dont mind me asking?

whereabouts is arnold clarke renault?

Silver 182 F/F

Ref new car discount,they are exactly the same car you would get from a Reanult dealer,ie alarm everything,when i purchased mine from them it came from Renault Birmingham.They use there buying power to get lower prices.I believe a few people on these forums have used them they are near Manchester City ground.I collected mine from them but i believe delivery is in with the price

that sounds really good, i think i could afford one at that price, what sort of finance is it? like what apr?

being a poor student as you said i would definately consider a 172.

i got my 53plate cup with 7000miles on the clock, 18mnts warranty and not a makr on it for £8k and i am more than pleased.

consider a loan to pay off your current car, sell it privately and look through autotrader for some great private deals.

a long way round i know, but is it really worth paying close to £13k when you can have the same satisfaction and £5k still in your wallet?

i know what you mean killamangiro but it just has to be the 182 for me. all rationality and sense have gone out the window really. there are just some things on the 182 that i would be kicking myself without. like the smoked wheels, and the paint, and the exhaust, and the xenons, and the climate.

Remapped derv Golf

Get a second hand a save yourself a few bob.

Or try pre reg. My local dealer had a black pre reg 182 with both packs for £11.5k

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 10 July 2005

i know what you mean killamangiro but it just has to be the 182 for me. all rationality and sense have gone out the window really. there are just some things on the 182 that i would be kicking myself without. like the smoked wheels, and the paint, and the exhaust, and the xenons, and the climate.

ha haa.. cars do that to people.. good luck mate and let us know how you go on.

Personally i would go all out and get a trophy ;)

Quote: Originally posted by killamangiro on 10 July 2005

ha haa.. cars do that to people.. good luck mate and let us know how you go on.

Personally i would go all out and get a trophy ;)
i was really tempted by a trophy when i first saw them, especially for the lovely seats, but to be honest im not a fan of the wheels, i know that sounds stupid, but its just me, also the fact it dont have the gizmos that the standard one does put me off a bit.

im gonna try and get the best deal i can on an inferno with both cup packs in the next week, as i am getting really impatient (sp?)

Find the best price you can on the net for a uk supplied car (non import) goto your local dealer and ask them to match it, if they dont walk away and try another dealer.

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 10 July 2005

Get a second hand a save yourself a few bob.

Or try pre reg. My local dealer had a black pre reg 182 with both packs for £11.5k
yeah my dealer had a few in as well, at 11999 but to be honest it has to be inferno for me, just that none of the dealers seem to have any pre reg in, in inferno

Could consider a late 172. They have Cruise control/Xenons

i have just had word from the good old folk at pistonheads that getting hp on a car isnt a good idea, so have been looking at personal loans

can get a loan with aa for £9300, at £178 a month paying back £10,721 which seems good

Quote: Originally posted by stehodges on 10 July 2005

Could consider a late 172. They have Cruise control/Xenons
i know that but its got to be a 182 for me, either that or nothing!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Sorry to hijack your thread mate but im gonna look at a 182 tommorow which is just under 11,000 and am trading in my 1.2 but i would say that what the 1.2s worth is whats left on the finance so id be like starting again.Do you think i could get it for less than #250 a months over 4/5 years?

how much are your monthly payments if you dont mind me asking?

whereabouts is arnold clarke renault?
Polarbert i traded in an old fiesta zetec s, 52 plate got £5.5k for that which i bit

there hand off also put some cash down. I still owe £4k my payments £130 per month insurance included, but with there insurance ive saved a couple of hundred quid. Since

every clio 182 owner ends up with few points here or there so the saving is good. I purchased my in warrington about a month wait comes straight from

france but its worth the wait love the car just dont a say again let any woman drive it!!

Peter

Give LloydsTSB carselect a try. Seem to be about the cheapest around for full UK car.

Only thing is, August is fast approaching, and Renault close down for the whole month.

This is when there will be a long wait for any cars that arent delivered by then.

If you get a quote from new-car-discount dont forget to take this into account, because they will give you some unrealistic delivery date, instead of the 3 months it will probably take.

Only way around it is to buy from a supermarket, eg.Motorpoint, if they have 1 in.

yeah not a fan of motorpoint, they dont have cars with cup packs, as they intercept them going to cyprus, and cyprus dont get cup packs.

so i got told that they stopped taking orders for them today, will they start making them again in 1 month?

best price i have so far is 13k, for inferno with both cup packs and recaros, is this good?

only problem is i dont really have the funds to get now, so will probably be sold by the time i come to by, anybody seen anymore like this?

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 12 July 2005

best price i have so far is 13k, for inferno with both cup packs and recaros, is this good?
only problem is i dont really have the funds to get now, so will probably be sold by the time i come to by, anybody seen anymore like this?
Thats a good price for a car with that spec.

Ive yet to see many built cars for that price but you can order them for about that price.

CTR

How do you mean it will probably be sold by the time youre ready to buy? Is it a pre-reg one? If its new, I personally think its a good price - I paid 13580 for mine with both cup packs and metallic paint about 3 months ago.

WhatCar.com have their Target Price at 13085, and thats for standard without the packs. Remember to look at the cost to change though - if youre part-exing your Astra rather than selling it privately, the dealer may try to screw you on that to make some more money back.

Dealers often give a decent discount on ex-showroom cars. Theyre not pre-registered and not driven - theyll just have had a few more people sat in them fiddling with the switches! They just like to rotate their stock every so often, so are willing to take a bit less cash to get rid. Other bonus there is that theres virtually no wait for it. Guess youd have to be very lucky to find one in Inferno with both cup packs, but there might be one or two out there.....

thats not what i wanted to hear about being lucky stu!

i was just saying that i will not get paid until the end of the month, and i may need a bit more money, so i would expect that car to be sold by then.

just that this is like exactly what i wanted and price is around 3k off. only problem is the p/x value on my astra is a lot below what i originally wanted.

i need to be patient, because i seriously doubt that i will be able to get it, but this is like my dream car for the moment, there is nothing else that i would like, and im working like a b**ch to be able to get the 2550 quid for the insurance.

going to look at it tomorrow, so at least i can see what the seats are like, at most i can put a deposit down on it and tell him to hold it for me until around middle of august, not sure if he will honour this though

so will they start making 182s again after 1 month from today? or have they stopped completely?

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 12 July 2005

i was just saying that i will not get paid until the end of the month, and i may need a bit more money, so i would expect that car to be sold by then.

going to look at it tomorrow, so at least i can see what the seats are like, at most i can put a deposit down on it and tell him to hold it for me until around middle of august, not sure if he will honour this though
so will they start making 182s again after 1 month from today? or have they stopped completely?
I cannot imagine they doing that but worth a try. If you do definatly take both sets of keys with you just so they dont rag the car round till you pick it up.

The 182s stop production over the summer for a month not sure when but it might be at the moment. They start up again in a month but there proabale some 182s spare in showrooms at the moment.

Dont rush to buy the car there always better offers all you have to do is wait.

i was in a dealer yesterday and they had a memo saying they stopped today.

i suppose your right eddie, i mean im sure they made more than one inferno with cup packs and recaros, im gonna go tomorrow anyway to try the seats out, see if they are worth the 500 quid as autocar said they were