ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on purchasing a clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 12 July 2005

i was in a dealer yesterday and they had a memo saying they stopped today.
i suppose your right eddie, i mean im sure they made more than one inferno with cup packs and recaros, im gonna go tomorrow anyway to try the seats out, see if they are worth the 500 quid as autocar said they were
Yep it might be thi month as I know we have trouble at work around this time with deliveries to France as they all go on hols.

Im not sure Id pay the £500 though Id be tempted to pay a load on some realy comfortable seats however Ive not sat on them so cannot give a fair impression.

Motorpoints cars do come with cup packs, well some of them. You have to ring up to find out.

Only reason i mentioned them was because you said you wanted one now.

Did you not try LloydsTSB, as they are supposed to be the best for UK cars, and they take part-ex IIRC.

Thing about the close down is that most places will carry on taking orders, so when they re-open there will be a big backlog of cars to build, so the wait will be quite a while.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Hi polarbert,

I just order my 182 both cups on tuesday after hearing that they are stopping production, and the only cars that are left are either half built in the factory or being transported across. I went for a factory order and have been advised that the car will be available realistically in mid October.

I part exchanged my car st170 and 2500 for the 182. Comes to about 12500.

Like yourself I have been looking at the 182 for a couple of months and decided I had to have one. Dont go for a 2nd hand one as it will have had a hard life and the tyres will be expensive to change!

If you know someone that works at Renault you can get a discount on their friends and family scheme. Else get the 0% finance from Renault or people like egg and cahoot give low interest loans...

But defo get one!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

thanks for the advice guys

couldnt find lloydstsb cars can someone give me a url?

right went to have a look at one today, inferno, brand new, both cup packs, and recaros, for 13k. i have to say the recaros are so much nicer to sit in than the standard seats in my opinion.

the dealer said that they have stopped producing inferno cars is this true?

i might be putting a deposit down with a mind to picking it up in around a month

what is everyones opinion?

thanks guys

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 13 July 2005

couldnt find lloydstsb cars can someone give me a url?
http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/home.aspxhttp://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/home.aspx

right went to have a look at one today, inferno, brand new, both cup packs, and recaros, for 13k. i have to say the recaros are so much nicer to sit in than the standard seats in my opinion.

the dealer said that they have stopped producing inferno cars is this true?

what is everyones opinion?
They wont stop making them sounds like hes getting mixed up with the fact all production has stopped at the moment so the French can go on holiday.

Personally I didnt think much of the Recaros they were to high and not right for me but everyone is different.

he told me that inferno has stopped being produced on cars as a colour, i saw a brochure dated july and there was no inferno colour, and said the a cup could only be ordered in racing blue, and i know that and inferno were the only colours for a cup

can anyone confirm this?

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy on 10 July 2005
Hiya

Are you sure you can still get a new 182 in inferno as I thought that they had stopped the colour.

It isnt available on the website or in the lastest brochure

My local dealer told me the other week that they had stopped taking orders for Inferno on the 182 & the cup.

The factory will close in August for their holidays.
The last date to order a car was 12th July. If you order from now on you wont get your car until Sept but at least you get the new reg.

H

not really interested in the trophy tbh, i did consider it, but i want my xenons, and i like the wheels on the standard one more

am payin 13k

whoooooo, easy tiger, you could get a Trophy for less than that, nuts! nuts! nuts! Thats going to deprciate so much faster than a trophy also without any doubt, you are making a bad financial decision but if its the car you want good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 14 July 2005

whoooooo, easy tiger, you could get a Trophy for less than that, nuts! nuts! nuts! Thats going to deprciate so much faster than a trophy also without any doubt, you are making a bad financial decision but if its the car you want good luck!

where could i get a trophy for less than that? most seem to be going for around the 13.5k mark
it is the car i want, and they have stopped producing them in inferno, so i will be at a bit of a lose end if i dont, it is exactly what i wanted

ok so i put down a deposit for it on wednesday!!!

hopefully in around 2-3 weeks i will have it! i really cant wait, its gonna be amazing!