ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**advice Required Tyres**

182cup/D40/Hornet
My wifes car needs a set of tyres,so I ordered 4 Barum tyres through ebay/dealer on Monday he received payment today,got email:
hi,

just tried to order the tyres in from my supplier, they are out of stock at the moment, it will take upto 2 to 3 weeks, i can either send your cheque back or offer you a tyre called millenium or federal these tyres are going to cost me more but i will pay the extra charge or you can wait for the barums if you like please let me know on **********

What do u's think I shoud do,don't know which tyres are better?

tiTTy & SV650
never heard of any of them, so im inclined to think they'll all be as bad as each other. Do you love your wife? lol

182cup/D40/Hornet
Barum owned by continental(apparently)
Wife insured(definately);)
Federal I've heard of.
Millenium never.
Getting rid of car in next couple of months poss.trading in so pointless spending loads

tiTTy & SV650
see of they're rated on mytyres or black circles, i think they rate tyres to help u choose.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Sorry chap but it's a waste of time getting crap tyres!!!!!!!!!

If your going to skimp on the only part touching the road, watch out.

If my Mrs or kids are in the car 'only the best is good enough'

BF goodrich are made by michelin, but i'd still take the michelins.

Barum???????
Federal........cheap & cheerfull.

Get your money back, give blobby a pm.

He has 4 exalto's £65 each.....bargain.

If your going to waste your money on Barum etc, you may as well sell the RS & get a Fiesta!!!!!

OOOOps didn't see your avatar, astra???

Go, continental, goodyear or any other 'known' brand.

bartebk said:
My wifes car needs a set of tyres,so I ordered 4 Barum tyres through ebay/dealer on Monday he received payment today,got email:
hi,

just tried to order the tyres in from my supplier, they are out of stock at the moment, it will take upto 2 to 3 weeks, i can either send your cheque back or offer you a tyre called millenium or federal these tyres are going to cost me more but i will pay the extra charge or you can wait for the barums if you like please let me know on **********

What do u's think I shoud do,don't know which tyres are better?

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (superb dry, stunning wet)

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 (haven't tried them personally but standard fit I think and lots of people like them)

Toyo Proxes T1-S / T1-R (okaaaay / better I believe)

I'm sure there's more - do a search on Tyres!

They're the only things holding you on the road remember - spend what you can! :cool:

182cup/D40/Hornet
Thinking of it like that,I think I'll get some better tyres as I wouldn't put any of these makes on my 182 so why put them on her astra even though the car will be gone in the next few months.I had looked at toyo proxes,might spoil her;)