ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a photo of a mint jacking point!

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,
Probably a long shot but does anyone have a photo of a front jacking point in good nick?
I’ve just folded mine out with grips/pry bars etc. Now looks like:
2B11D8E1-5B2B-4618-8962-2107EE0B9B00.jpeg
Not brilliant but it was worse. It looks like I’ve folded it down too far though. Should the steel I’ve folded down be more or less level with the rest of the sill? Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Evening all,
Probably a long shot but does anyone have a photo of a front jacking point in good nick?
I’ve just folded mine out with grips/pry bars etc. Now looks like:View attachment 1468581Not brilliant but it was worse. It looks like I’ve folded it down too far though. Should the steel I’ve folded down be more or less level with the rest of the sill? Cheers
What you done is right.. The jack that Renault supply has a V slot in it which the sill sits into.. Ive bolted a 1 inch square box tube to the other side of that sill so my trolley jack doesn't fold it over again..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Sound. I thought I’d gone too far, was just looking at your solution as it happens. I’ll be trying something similar. In the meantime jacking on the chassis rail.
Thanks mate.