ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After an engine transplant

who do i need to tell to make the car legal agian? How do i go about changing the V5?

Will the insurance need a engineers report?

Also how do i go about re-taxing the car, its been SORN, and its gone up from 1.4 to 2l so obviously its on the more expensive tax range?

Just getting round to finishing the project and wanted some advise where to start on getting it back on the road.

Thanks

Mark

You need to change V5 as CC has changed.

I think an engineers report will definetly help getting it insured.. but again, I guess it depends on the company.

What do i do bout cahnging the V5? havent really looked, can i just fill in the bottom or the back and send it back.

Also how do i get an engineers report then? do the RAC do it? or can i just take it to a local garge?

Mark

does anybody know what an engineer would actual do? does he just make sure its safe? Only ask as you cant really read the engine number so how would he know what engine it is?

Mark

You shouldnt need an engineers report if you do what do they define as an engineer? Also what blame do they place on an engineer saying its ok, Id sign it off if there no blame as I have some engineering experiance, but I dont think anyone would sign it cheaply if they have to definatly say its safe.

looked a bit more into it today.

Foranyone intretsed:

First gotta change the V5, and phone the DVLA and let them know,

Can take it to have an MOT with no tax, and once its got an MOT i just have to take that with insurance cetificate and V5 to post office and can get it re-taxed on the higher ban.

Not sure if insurance need a engineers report yet but hopefully can get that done at the MOT centre

Mark

500bhp Scoob

dont forget to let the nice people at your insurance company know youve completed your engine conversion aswell, just so they can charge ya extra lol.