ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After three RenaultSports.....

Mini JCW
After the R26 i'd finally had enough of french hot hatch ownership - it was never ending trouble!

Been after a soft top for a few years, the choice was between S2000 and Z4 0 but the S2K had a ludicrous tax band (after 06), and insurance rates - so much so my current insurance company classed them all as imports and wouldn't insure me (that's with 11 years NCB!).

So I was left looking for a Z4, had to be manual and a facelift with the revised engine and with a decent spec list - as LONG as it wasn't black ......

10365633_10152113002352006_6854531016287800846_o.jpg

10406465_10152112969802006_362114845091104081_n.jpg

10265570_10152113002327006_8309665987953075835_o.jpg

10257808_10152113002367006_5037131519295072124_o.jpg

10285818_10152113002717006_7156776653525201015_o.jpg

10286800_10152113002877006_8553313832333208540_o.jpg

10403770_10152113002947006_2466423842557951705_o.jpg

Swapped the OEM aerial for a shorter variant :

14266924556_2a64828f6d_c.jpg
[/URL]20140528_121539 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr[/IMG]

Spec as follows :

Black
21k (only covered 100 miles in the last 2 years!)
3.0si
Manual
Comfort Pack, cruise control, heated electric seats, xenons, two tone nappa leather

It's an approved BMW car so has BMW warranty for a year which I fully plan to extend next year!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lovely car dude, got one of these on my to own list.
How does it sound?

Megane r26
Lovely cars these, a friend of mine had a 3.0ltr of similar spec.

Was a great car to drive, he took it a tour of Europe without any bother.

Only grief he had was with the roof motor/pump which I replaced due to a blocked drain hole.

Great looking example you have though bud, enjoy :)

Mini JCW
How does it sound?

Cheers man - it sounds very 'creamy' not brash like something like an R32.

Nice! You gona get some Z4M wheels?

That was my plan if I'd have kept the Z4.

Cheers! I dislike the Z4M wheels tbh, thinking some BBS CH with eibach springs.

Only grief he had was with the roof motor/pump which I replaced due to a blocked drain hole.

Thanks man.

Yeah the roof motor seems to be a 'common' problem - the warranty covers this luckily!

Cheers man, love it.

Megane r26
Cheers man - it sounds very 'creamy' not brash like something like an R32.

Cheers! I dislike the Z4M wheels tbh, thinking some BBS CH with eibach springs.

Thanks man.

Yeah the roof motor seems to be a 'common' problem - the warranty covers this luckily!

Cheers man, love it.

Yeah tbh it was a bad job, the whole roof and pump comes off in under a couple of hours.

You have any more plans for it?

Mini JCW
How does it sound?

Nice! You gona get some Z4M wheels?

That was my plan if I'd have kept the Z4.

Yeah tbh it was a bad job, the whole roof and pump comes off in under a couple of hours.

You have any more plans for it?

Very little in all honesty - possibly a weighted gear knob, some wheel bolt covers and then paint work correction / quartz coating!

Megane r26
Very little in all honesty - possibly a weighted gear knob, some wheel bolt covers and then paint work correction / quartz coating!

Yeah I don't blame your there the sort of car that don't need any modifications.

My mate just had some csl staggered reps and that was about it.

He also had a detachable hardtop which was nice

Nissan 350z
My housemate has the E85 2.5 variety (pre-facelift) and took it to Powerflow for a custom exhaust, id recommend it :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Done the sound generator mod? Adds a nice sound in the cabin, good engine choice and spec!

Looks nice.

Are these fun & engaging to drive? Or does it just feel like a really low and small 130/330 with a bit less comfort?

Mini JCW
Yeah I don't blame your there the sort of car that don't need any modifications.

My mate just had some csl staggered reps and that was about it.

He also had a detachable hardtop which was nice

Yeah, if I replace the wheels it'll be for a set of BBS CH coupled with a subtle drop on eibach springs. The plan for now though is just to enjoy it.

My housemate has the E85 2.5 variety (pre-facelift) and took it to Powerflow for a custom exhaust, id recommend it :)

A bit OTT for me, doesn't suit the car (IMO anyway) - may go for the back box silencer bypass at some point.

Did you sell the 250 dude?

Done the sound generator mod? Adds a nice sound in the cabin, good engine choice and spec!

I've seen that mentioned but unsure what it entails?

Thankyou, only covered 100 miles in the past 2 years!

Looks nice.

Are these fun & engaging to drive? Or does it just feel like a really low and small 130/330 with a bit less comfort?

I've not really driven it as such, more the commute to work right now. I love the driving position though, and the noise :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks nice! I really like these but doubt i would fit in one
Saying that, I manage in the Clio.....

Nissan 350z
A bit OTT for me, doesn't suit the car (IMO anyway) - may go for the back box silencer bypass at some point.

Did you sell the 250 dude?

I have to admit, its noisy but the straight 6 sound makes up for it.
http://www.mrtyre.com/microsites/mansfield/ Mr Tyre Mansfield was the place that made the Power flow system if your interested. The guy was sound as I went with him to drop the car off. They pretty much made it bespoke as the off the shelf silencer was too boomy so they sent away for a custom back box with dual tips.

Yeah 250 has gone to free up funds for a looming wedding. I'm back to the rattle and squeak Mk2 Clio's again :rolleyes:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really like this! Lovely choice!

I reckon BBS CH's will look great but CSLs even better?

Done do the sound generator thing (all it entails is removing a piece of foam) you think it sounds great then all of a sudden you realise it's a mono-tonal drone of shitness that makes you want to rip you ears off!

The exhaust bypass is supposed to be better but I haven't experienced that myself tbh.

I really like the weighted gearknob in Rob's too, made the gear change lovely!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get why people still fit illegal metal plates. Plain UK plates ftw.

Lovely car btw.

Mini JCW
This tbh, they don't even look good.

Each to their own.

They have BSAU standard, manufacturer and postcode on them and as reflective as stock plates along with correct spacing and sizing.

Full paint correction planned this next week, and the paint will be protected with Opti-Coat 2.0.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Weird choice with the plates but i've become a massive Z4 fan. Like me and Rob experienced recently, me with the TT and him with the Z4, they're not that expensive but to the uninitiated they carry an expensive look. Big fan!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They have BSAU standard, manufacturer and postcode on them and as reflective as stock plates along with correct spacing and sizing.

Pressed plates are still illegal even with the BSAU stamp im afraid.

Mini JCW
Pressed plates are still illegal even with the BSAU stamp im afraid.

In that case i'll get some clean non pressed plates ordered then!

Atleast they aren't German style.

Not my thing.

Any reason for Opti-coat mate?

Wanted a semi-permamant coating that I can treat as another clear coat and apply waxes / BSD QD on top of. A bit nervous about applying it though.

Also it's one of the most resistant coats to water etching, which, with the hard water around here and minerals in rainwater is a nightmare on a black car.

I like the car, but prefer the dealer plates.

Cheers.

Mini JCW
You can see the inner bit, so it's obvious they are just cosmetic. Tidy car otherwise.

So were the stock ones - they've since been adjusted a touch further out so can't see the inner section as easily.

Weighted aluminium gearknob ordered.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Nice car buddy thats the same engine as my 130i its so flexible power pretty much everywhere and really good on fuel for a 3.0 .