ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air con delete devalue car?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't understand why anyone would get rid of aircon! I'd rather piss into the wind.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
​If I went on track in this heat I certainly would, not like I'd be chasing seconds and I'd rather not bake.

Had our aircon on yesterday at FCS, still went past just about everyone on track including every clio I met, so it didnt seem to harm performance enough to matter, and makes for a much more pleasant day.

RB 200
never really use air con. only this summer really, but its usually freezing cold in england anyway, if I was looking for one i'd prefer no air con.

There must be loads of people sitting there in winter waiting for their windows to demist, not realising it takes seconds with the AC on.

I wouldn't have a car without it again.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
​I did a couple of weeks ago, didnt affect how much fun I had!

Damn you all!
Was so hot the other week!!!

I only done it as it nearly paid for itself when doing the belts (non cup setup costs extra when doing the belts)

As would virtually every potential buyer who isn't from a car forum thinking they're buying race car.

Effort and money for literally zero tangible benefit. Baffling modification.

Listerine & Poledo
Buy a car without air-con! What is this, the 60's?

That would be fully r****d, unless you're then going to strip the whole car out.

Just get the car taken for a once-over of the system and get your air-chiller working properly

Cooksport Fleet
Doesn't the Pure Motorsport kit make the water pump turn backwards? I'm sure I looked at one and it was the case, could someone clarify?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the car IMO.

I have the lightweight PMS AC delete kit waiting to go in my 172. The car in question is totally stripped out, only running one seat etc, So the weight saving and slight power increase are worthwhile. Also makes cambelt changes cheaper in the future and with the PMS kit the aux belt alternator are out of the way, so if the auxbelt snaps it won't take out the cambelt.

BTW I do like AC, and have it on all year round in my daily driver.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
I'd sooner just fix it personally.

Also if you do it then the pure kit seems to have had a few reliability issues, its lovely and light etc, so probably a good choice for a race car, but I reckon a secondhand cup setup is a much more durable option.

Reliability issues? That's news to us.

Listerine & Poledo
Does removing air-con increase finger-bang & pops?

Or is that another pointless devaluation-mod?