ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air-Con - Isn't it great

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I have air-con, I also have these amazing things called windows. They work much better.

img.php

what would be the point if windows worked better?!?

go get ur air conditioning re-gassed :nono:

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Nothing like nice fresh air blowing through the car.

Unless you are town driving, then I can see it wouldn't work, but then you are peasants for living in the city and it serves you right.

nothing like cold, fresh air blowing through the car.

Air conditioning is the dehumidification of indoor air for thermal comfort. In a broader sense, the term can refer to any form of cooling, heating, ventilation, or disinfection that modifies the condition of air. An air conditioner (often referred to as AC or air con.) is an appliance, system, or machine designed to stabilise the air temperature and humidity within an area (used for cooling as well as heating depending on the air properties at a given time), typically using a refrigeration cycle but sometimes using evaporation, commonly for comfort cooling in buildings and motor vehicles.

f*cking loser.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
nothing like cold, fresh air blowing through the car.

f*cking loser.

^ Because I don't agree with you? :clown:

Well, I would rather enjoy the heat with some FRESH air blowing through the windows with my arm out, waving and rippling in the gusts of air.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
no, because you said windows work better than air con at cooling the car.

i'd rather cruise along at a comfortable temperature.

brap innit etc

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
no, because you said windows work better than air con at cooling the car.

i'd rather cruise along at a comfortable temperature.

brap innit etc

I would rather use the windows, so IMO they work better, Oh no maybe I shouldn't have worded it like that. I may offend someone.

Now be quiet you silly t**t, Its my opinion, and thanks for explaining what air-con is. :rolleyes:

ITB BG 182
I love my aircon, nothing better than driving along or when waiting in a que of traffic with my windows up and still cool while the car next to you has all the windows open and all 4 people in it are sweating like they are in a mobile sauna, just turn and wave.

People who moan about the effect on mpg with aircon being used need to let go of that tree they are hugging.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Air Con is great. But in my opinion, if you aren't sweating you aren't trying hard enough.

Then again this is completely irrelevent sat in traffic on the commute home.....

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I missed my air con yesterday when I had a problem where you only get hot air through the vents no matter what temp you set it at.

Fixed it today and it was heaven :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I would rather use the windows, so IMO they work better, Oh no maybe I shouldn't have worded it like that. I may offend someone.

Now be quiet you silly tw*t, Its my opinion, and thanks for explaining what air-con is. :rolleyes:

But "your opinion" is clearly wrong because it's a fact that air con does a better job at keeping the inside of the car cooler than having the windows down:S.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It's on permenently in my car, doesn't seem to make a difference to the mpg so the button is always lit.

182 Cup
But "your opinion" is clearly wrong because it's a fact that air con does a better job at keeping the inside of the car cooler than having the windows down:S.

His opinion is right. My old man has a Saab, the air con in that only blows out hot air.

None
Absolute fact that having the windows down isn't as good as air con in hot weather, nor is it practical doing 70+ on a motorway if you like your eardrums :)

We did 100+ miles yesterday on the ribblehead viaduct meet/drive and i had both front windows down and was still sweating like f**k and getting my face and arm burnt......whilst Mike (jenic) kept his windows up and kept cool, only reason i couldn't use mine is cause it's fooked right now but that's getting sorted next week for sure.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
anyone ever see that program cant remember what it was called but they done a test to find out which used more fuel.

from what i remember under 30mph you got better mpg with the windows down but over 30mph you were better with the A/C on.

doesnt bother me that much really, i just want to be cool, 55mpg with the climate set to minimum still suits me! brrrr. chilli!!!

Mitsubishi Lancer
My car's ac is not working properly ,it sounds noisy. Can anybody tell me the exact location from where i have to repair my car's ac.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hardly ever get to use it! But was nice on a 4 hour drive home on the boiling bank holiday we just had :)

AC is lovely to have mind, climate control too but i could live without it.

Guess ive never kind of 'experienced' its potential.

I just wish i could turn my fans on without having to turn something off or down afterwards... Proper winds me up :banghead:

The air-con in my 172 really isn't THAT effective. My Evo has me shivering in a matter of minutes. The Clio needs to be on full whack, and blowing straight at me, to feel cold. It's been re-gassed, which didn't really have an effect :-(

My mate who re-gassed it, said that it's down to Renault fitting a restrictor in the system on uk cars, as it doesn't get as warm here as in a lot of Europe. I've never heard anything along those lines before, so I don't know whether to call bullcrap or not. Has anybody else heard it, or does everybody else have ice-cold air-con, and my car has a problem?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
anyone ever see that program cant remember what it was called but they done a test to find out which used more fuel.

from what i remember under 30mph you got better mpg with the windows down but over 30mph you were better with the A/C on.

doesnt bother me that much really, i just want to be cool, 55mpg with the climate set to minimum still suits me! brrrr. chilli!!!

mythbusters ! :approve:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The air-con in my 172 really isn't THAT effective. My Evo has me shivering in a matter of minutes. The Clio needs to be on full whack, and blowing straight at me, to feel cold. It's been re-gassed, which didn't really have an effect :-(

My mate who re-gassed it, said that it's down to Renault fitting a restrictor in the system on uk cars, as it doesn't get as warm here as in a lot of Europe. I've never heard anything along those lines before, so I don't know whether to call bullcrap or not. Has anybody else heard it, or does everybody else have ice-cold air-con, and my car has a problem?

The AC system in my 172 is quite good. No as ice cold as the hilux mind.

monaco 172
People that keep saying about the auto function turning the ac on and off.. How does this work?

I always have my temp set to 16c but ive never seen the ac light come on and off.

Do you have to turn the ac on to start with? Or does it just kick in and out without turning the ac light on?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The AC light also switches on and off when in AUTO mode. Seems to turn my AC on when the inside and outside temp are on the warm side. Then when it thinks its can control the different without air conditioning it switches off. I just leave mine on 20-22C. Unless it's roasting hot I'll turn it down to get it cold quick.