ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con removal - Sorry another thread

Hi guys,

I have a clio 182 PH2,

I know there are multiple threads on this but none seem definite.

Im not fussed about keeping PAS either.

I have seen threads using Volvo parts or cossie parts, can anyone give a list of what parts are required for what kits?

i know there are the PMS kits but these seem so expensive compared to the other ways, i have some mechanical knowledge and have the front end off the car due to accident damage from buying it as a salvage but also work very closely with my local garage so have access to tools/equipment and knowledge if needed.

seems that guide is about fitting EPAS which I'm not fussed about PAS and costs £300 so might as well get the PMS kit? or am i missing something

yeah, seen that but seemed it was possible to do it for a bit cheaper after sourcing correct parts. think it is just going to PMS job

iceberg 172
Brackets from a megane about a tenner from scrappys. But then you need an alternator. Thinks its a 1.6 8v not sure though

phase 1 172
Remove ac pump,replace the lil pulley right next to it with a shoulder/groved pulley and measure up for a belt to suit

the pulley i have for my ph2 needed a few mm of washers behind it to line it up

should be done for circa 30

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
3 options;

Cheapest - the way Leew88 has said above, although I don't fancy it personally. If your Aux belt slips and takes the cambelt it will get expensive.
Mid-price - Source the 172 Cup aux belt and alternator setup (incl. brackets) I've just done this for mine.
Priciest - PMS delete kit, although it is a good bit of kit.

Ph1
I got the alternator brackets and bolts off a Laguna 8v. Exactly the same part as the Cup set up and was only about a tenner from memory. Brand new alternator something like a 100 and a Cup belt for about a fiver.

Listerine & Poledo
You could always use the "switch air con off" method. This delivers 99.99% of the result of totally removing the system, but maintains the ability to have chilled air at the press of a button.

Or is this for a genuine race car?