ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbags come out Dont even understand why??

As far as im aware this is from what my brother told me and im still gettin the details from him.

he was at a roundabout and some a-hole was behind him comin up fast and with him aving his gf in the car he moved over to get out the blokes way. Brother was coming towards the round about so was already slowin down to like 20mph. Noticing the bloke still not even slowing down at all he moved over even further and clipped the little island in the middle of the junction with the front wheel.

Air bags come out the seat but he sed he drove onto the round about and then the airbag came out so it wasnt even instant.

so he got out the car to check the damage and the wheels got a little scratch on it and little tiny slit in the Rubber of the tyre but not all the way through.

I cant understand why the airbag has come out. i wasnt aware they came out just by vibration???

Will this be covered by warrenty And if not what sorta price are we lookin at??

ive asked him tomorrow to take the wheel off and check for damage behind the wheel as im sure somethings got to snap or bend in order for the airbag to even deploy.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
V Expensive :( Basically new seat covers etc etc, airbag computer. I have heard a couple of cases with clios where the bags have gone off with no warning so maybe a warranty issue if you are lucky

Paul

V Expensive :( Basically new seat covers etc etc, airbag computer. I have heard a couple of cases with clios where the bags have gone off with no warning so maybe a warranty issue if you are lucky

Paul

well i asked him to check for damage under the wheel arch because bassically that shouldnt of gone off if nothing is bent under the wheel arch and i will argue at nothing against it if i feel im within my right which is why ive asked first on here

Lionel Richie
you might of bent the roof by the b pillar

i've seen it happen a few times

the accelerometer is on the sill below the seat

ill check for all these little defects so bassically the sensor for the side airbag in the seat is in the sill by the Centre piller or the front piller? first looks our brother sed no damage at all to the outside of the car part from the little scratch. Will i b able to see this without takin the wheel off?

Lionel Richie
jack it up and check it out

my mate did the exact same thing and put a tiny kink in the roof by the b pillar, it was written off

well ill check the roof of the car as in above ur head roof but i dont think that has anything to do with this. And ill check in the wheel Arch and check if the Roof of the wheel arch has any damage But i kno the wheel hit the kirb parallell it didnt actually use the suspension at all so really the wishbone shud be bent but if thats not bent im puzzled still to why it came out