ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aircon temperature

ThomHov

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2 1.4 16v 2005
Hi all,
A few days ago it was 26 degrees C outside and i measured the output temperature of the A/C. It was around 15 degrees C going full blast and turned all the way to cold (manual adjustment, no CC). My feeling says that this is a little too warm, but not drastic. When on the freeway, it doesnt quite keep up with the heat and its rather uncomfortable.

I do not have any clue about the designed output of the AC. Any suggestions? Its a clio 2 1.4 16v.

ThomHov

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2 1.4 16v 2005
Aight thanks!
I think the condensor is the culprit. Its almost 20 years old and the fins are crusty. A few days ago i had the bumper off for aux belt replacement.

1721642695641.jpeg

ThomHov

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2 1.4 16v 2005
Is it doable to do it myself? for sure i have to let a garage pull the refrigerant and regas it. Are there tricky bits that i need to know before i would do this job? Garage prices are absolutely mental here and like to save some cash.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it doable to do it myself? for sure i have to let a garage pull the refrigerant and regas it. Are there tricky bits that i need to know before i would do this job? Garage prices are absolutely mental here and like to save some cash.
Just shove a screwdriver on the input first and see if it even has any in.

Leave the screwdriver accidentally on too long until it has none in.

Yeah it's doable, just prepare to need a new radiator as it'll likely be collapsing too.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Easy enough to do on a Mk2.

Don't forget that the two bolts behind the crash bar only need loosening to remove the top slam panel, as the holes are slotted allowing you to pull it upwards.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Most garages empty free of charge so not really any benefit of chugging whatever is in there in the atmosphere 🙄

ThomHov

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2 1.4 16v 2005
A full system of R134a is roughly the CO2 equivalent of burning up 10 full tanks of fuel. Wouldn't hurt the environment that much right? XD

But sure, i will let a garage do the emptying.

I've made the following shopping list for this job:
Nissens condensor (8200757789)
Nissens radiator (7700428082)
Seals kit (7701207465)
PAG 46 oil (SP 10 equivalent)
Mounting rubbers for rad
Coolant ethylene glycol based yellow/green stuff

I will first go on vacation and then i will buy the parts and do the job.