ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm not going off. Why

As explained in this thread --> http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=91843http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=91843 I lost my key the other day and when the boy from the recovery opened the door the alarm never went off. Any idea why?

Does opening the door from the inside disable the alarm? Anyone able to try it for me? Leave the window down a bit, lock the car with the plip then use the handle to open the door.

On my old car it had the sensors inside the cabin that registered a change in air pressure which set the alarm off but the Clio doesnt seem to have this. Is that a reason?

By the way the cars a 2001 172 if it makes any difference

Thnx

I dont think foreigh models need an alarm as standard its only us Britsh who have them fitted.

Have you got the little sensors on the windscreen pillar?

Quote: Originally posted by Gav76 on 16 June 2004

No, no sensors. So does that mean no alarm? Whats the plip for then, just the immobiliser?
Most likely means no alarm as foreign registered cars or imports into the UK dont have them as standard. The plip is to tell you the doors have locked ie the remote central locking has activated.

Ford Fiesta

well the alarm went off when the door opened? is there some kind of alarm fitted then even if no ultrasonic sensors?

Mondeo STTDCI

Gav - no sensors - no alarm.

The key is for remote central locking, and the immobiliser chip is in the key so when the immobiliser doesnt sense the key it wont start.

Mini Cooper S sport

Gav, I have the same problem - I hadnt planned on having to stump up for an alarm system a few days after buying the car :(, I was hoping to leave it a little while.

On the upside, at least I can get one that will be better than Renaults.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

no ultrasonic sensors means no alarm. does it also have a visible led on the centre console or dash? renault fitment alarms work off the original vehicle key fob.

Yes its got the LED in the console.

Is the immobiliser separate from the alarm? Guess I just have to phone them and ask. Anyone know the german word for immobiliser?

Thnx