ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alex's new car - Mx5 Eunos

work for BMW
I have always loved Mx5s , but for some reason i have never scratched that itch and actually bought one, always sticking to nice safe choices of front wheel drive, small hatch backs :)
Anyway a couple of weeks ago i convinced my self i had to buy one so went on the hunt online. I wanted a white one .. i think they look awesome in white plus i wanted the Eunos model, Jap spec is better then the Uk spec!
Against all odds a white 1.8 Eunos popped up for sale in the same city as where i live , i normally have to travel miles to buy cars so this made me very happy. i went up and had a look a fell in love with it. Its a tiny bit more boy racer than i wanted but i can sort all that out easily.
Annoyingly i would still have had to sell my peugeot 106 after buying the mx5 which i was not looking forward to , how ever i somehow out of nowhere convinced the guy ( private sale) to PX my 106 plus cash for the mx5. What a result , 2 birds with 1 stone.

1.8 Eunos
94k KM.

IMG_20130910_172945.jpg

IMG_20130910_173012.jpg

IMG_20130910_173632.jpg

IMG_20130910_181846.jpg

IMG_20130910_184338.jpg

IMG_20130910_185955.jpg

IMG_20130911_104907.jpg

Range Rover Sport
Very similar to you, I've always wanted one and focus it for track use.

So many tunable options for not alot of money. Cooper S supercharger is a common upgrade for more power.

work for BMW
Not a fan of the bodykit on it (sideskirts + front bumper), but I do have a real softspot for these!

Nor am I really but I am told the skirts are botex which sell for about £100 so didn't mind them coming with the car :p

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Well done on actually listening to advice and not getting that rusty mess before as you've got yourself a tidy one by looks of it. :approve:

Enjoy it mate, they are great little cars

172/B8 Quattro
I've just started breaking mine
360F1503-D53F-41AD-90A4-B401796160E9-3494-000005A92C430327_zps617e5036.jpg

9f0a8c35702d1ca92fc6727ea5a24836_zps8ea99ace.jpg

Good cars to drive with excellent handling if set up right but a bit underpowered hence turbo conversions, td04 seem the popular choice

Listerine & Poledo
Very similar to you, I've always wanted one and focus it for track use.

So many tunable options for not alot of money. Cooper S supercharger is a common upgrade for more power.

The Cooper S (and SLK) blowers are alright, but there are better solutions that dont strangle the engine so much at high revs. Both sound infinitely better than a turbo though.

Nice enough little eunos you have there, interesting body-tupperware additions, very pleasant.

If you're looking to change wheels at any point, I've got a set of early-sport (mk 2.5 SVT) 16s sat in the garage ;)

Not entirely sure what you've got in your import that wouldn't be in a UK model though...did you get air-con? I know the MK2.5s are far better as JDM imports as they are 500% less likely to have brown wings n sills, but Mk1 generally doesn't suffer 'as badly'

Listerine & Poledo
Nice Clio.....

Apart from the Sideskirts and front bumper its looking good.

1) If all Clios were like this, the world would be a better place......well, there'd be a lot less chocolate gearboxes at least

2) I'm guessing CS will only ever approve of an MX-5 if its running as little bodywork as possible...except GV noseplow and ducktales, running over r****d suspension? In the same way only Turinis and V6 wings are accepted on Clio?

I think I should've put "IMO" at the end of that statement haha

With the bodywork I don't mind it if it suits the car unlike having flat ended body kits (hope you know what I mean by flat ended lol)
The front bumper just looks like that robot from short circuit.. IMO

That's a nice MX5 you got yourself there Alex, really like it.

They are great cars. I used to own an R-Limited and I have to say that I still miss it.

Enjoy.

By the way, here is a photo of mine from when I owned it...

IMG_0037_2.jpg

work for BMW
I didn't even realise the front bumper was different tbh! I'll have look at standard ones and see the difference .
Thanks for the comments , its such an amazing car to drive , in love already!

I really love the mx5s considering getting one as well lol! I don't like them modified as oppose to the standard looking ones! Looks very tidy your white one!

Listerine & Poledo
Just do it Ste.

And if you want to avoid "modding", just buy a decent Mk2.5 and all the mod have already been done....by Mazda ;)

..not at all biased

work for BMW
I decided i didn't like the front bumper that came with the car, apparently its a IL motorsports one.. hopefully i can sell it on.

Anyway i won a standard white mx5 front bumper on ebay for £10 :) paid £25 for a courier to pick it up and deliver it and it arrived today.

It took a long time to swap around as I'm pretty new to mx5s but i managed it in the end.

Before .
IMG_20130919_115624.jpg

During-

IMG_20130919_135612.jpg

After-
IMG_20130919_160534.jpg

IMG_20130919_164227.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
There's the OEM splitter that's worth looking at too if you prefer something a little less excessive

work for BMW
cheers boyos ! it certainly does look better, next on the list is a white hard top and i want to change the wheels to a gun metal grey colour

Disastra Coupe
Good show on swapping the bumper, much better!

I'd go for a standard lip if i were you... Looks much nicer than a GV imo.

A pic of my old one with the standard lip:

8196880922_88f27df1d9_c.jpg

mazdaclumerglared by chippen172, on Flickr

Damn, i miss that car.

Clio 197
Ive still got this sat in our workshop, not been used for a while since the engine build and new shocks and set up, anyone want to buy it so i can get some more Clio parts ;)

silverstone2703113.jpg

work for BMW
ah yea i really like the standard one actually, more subtle but still bad ass. now i need to find one :eek:

work for BMW
I picked up a hard top from Jamie86 on this forum. Its in black how ever my intention is to spray it white to match the rest of the car.

What ya think ?

Sorry for the really bad pic :)

IMG_20130927_184029.jpg

172/B8 Quattro
I'd leave it black, looks good with the black wheels.
I see you have the window frame painted black too or is it just the pic?