ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Many.
So, I contiuned the above...

I hadn't removed any of the rod side of the big end bearings, until today...

First one I removed was number 1
B954D951-FC84-4A98-9E0F-283B3BE4FD10_zps2mchpppe.jpg

Then I removed number 2
F25573A1-7A79-41BD-AC60-D7F45D4CBA3F_zpswxceh4wn.jpg

That'll be the cause of my knock then.

Started pissing it down while I was putting it together too
62da1b08-bedd-4573-aca2-88c5819a9c71_zpsa3caf149.jpg

Got it all back together, along with fresh oil & filter. Its so much quieter and seems to run cooler.

Next up is new engine mounts, and sorting out the intercooler at last.

Many.
It lives for another day.

I still need a N/S Driveshaft, new engine mounts, intercooler plumbing up, front discs & pads, and a clutch at some point.

Many.
Update following the last few days....

First up, bought all the pipework to finish plumbing up my intercooler at last.

So fucked off the old 80 intercooler, and the factory rad fan, as its massive and I've always hated it.
8437CA84-B319-40C7-BBF1-36867A753737_zpsp81iorar.jpg

I then failed to get any pictures, but its all nice silicone now.

Done.
9A3B0974-46DB-4C73-8168-3230230B8EF2_zps3xjou6ws.jpg

A5A09CB0-875F-40FB-B55D-01233C7792A5_zpsnoh4t6w9.jpg

Seems much faster due to the lack of boost leaking, and I then, after somebody saying you could wind up the boost slightly, without issue, Wound the boost up to 1.25 Bar. Its cooled the running temps down a bit, and stopped as much smoke, running sweet.

Last night I got some front arch liners off RyG, fitted them tonight, along with my undertray again after I removed it when changing big end bearings.
7BD67F39-CCAF-4960-AD8A-A9291D2FD2FF_zpsz700klhp.jpg

See how long these last!

Then progress moves onto ventura's Ph1!

After a lot more pain than I expected, roof is now sound deadening free, and painted up nicely....
9CFADC73-04EC-4024-8810-28D105C3F204_zpszwrmtorm.jpg

As you can tell, it was dark by the time I got these pics

But I also got the switch panel sorted, I wasn't happy with the previous one, finish was terrible, so this one is much better, moved the hazard switch closer to the right, to aid reaching when in harnesses.
F7C7DD47-2836-4149-88DE-092F025821C1_zpsttcxwvuv.jpg

Just needs a hoover now, quick wash, and its ready for Bedford on the 11th! I can't wait!

Many.
Also, has anybody locally got one of these? Its the seat bolt blank from underneath, I only need one?
C7D05285-04BF-4036-BBE6-71517359AA42_zps4gwm2ebe.jpg

Or if somebody wants to post me one for very little? :p

Also, has anybody locally got one of these? Its the seat bolt blank from underneath, I only need one?
C7D05285-04BF-4036-BBE6-71517359AA42_zps4gwm2ebe.jpg

Or if somebody wants to post me one for very little? :p

I have several, but ill have to check. Be late today/tomorrow as im off to goodwood soon.

if your this way you can have it, if not ill post it

x

Many.
I have several, but ill have to check. Be late today/tomorrow as im off to goodwood soon.

if your this way you can have it, if not ill post it

x

I'll have a look too. Pretty sure I found one after we swapped the seats over but I'm not sure if I chucked it or not. Will check today.

Cheers dudes!

Ermmmm, what emergency fan are you using now?
Aircon uses that fan aswell ;)

Yeah I know, Aircon has no gas ATM, so thats no issue, and I've never ever had the high speed fan kick in, temp has never got above half way. I'm sorting out a slimline fan soon.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I know , don't think I've seen any on full speed.

Your rad assembly is funny aswell, looks like your AC is intergrated with the rad, mines slotted together

Many.
Thats a resister, it just needs airflow so it cools down, its so the fan can run at half speed with aircon on. I will just cable tie it in place somewhere so its not touching anything but can get airflow.

Slimline fan will probably run faster than the old fan, but no biggy.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i want to wire a slimline on mine to a bypass switch. peace of mine when im giving it hell , i can flick the switch on and keep everything stable

Many.
i want to wire a slimline on mine to a bypass switch. peace of mine when im giving it hell , i can flick the switch on and keep everything stable

Pointless if your coolant temp sensor works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chiptunin...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20e7af6c50

remap tool went up abit in price. but its quality kit from ze germans!
altho it doesnt state if it comes with mpps software like mine did.

Will watch it and buy in a week or two, Sorting out some other stuff before I go and break it again!

Many.
I trust mine!

FYI, anybody reading this, I'm drunk, so I'm sorry if I make no sense..

Anyway, Yesterday I ordered new front Discs & pads from g172, Top service as always!.

Old ones weren't that bad as you can see...
Minor lip on discs, pads mostly worn, but I'm not the kinda person that waits until they are metal on metal, I keep an eye on them and change way before they get bad.
0746AFB8-3500-43A3-96C2-0A78AF26A514_zpsw5b8kwil.jpg

New vs Old, Old.
9544CF32-389B-4FCF-BEA2-DCF4A1C7D1D2_zpsxpp85z0u.jpg

New stuff on, Annoingly, I would have liked to change the shims, but I forgot. I did paint the discs for cool points.
42F80643-FA1E-4825-B9DC-FD70BAEBE34C_zpsjlrqeugp.jpg

Discs were a pointless change
A035C072-893A-4F39-99DB-8826B04DCE53_zpsxh7titj0.jpg

Oh well! Pedal feel is much better now, really pleased, and theres nothing like turning up to your girlfriends with brakes smoking like fuckery, I lol'ed hard.

Off to get more wankered now!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ah stop F is 10 mins away from me!

it'll make it. if ive driven a fucked engine around for a year by just topping up oil and water, giving it death daily. then yours will do it.

Many.
I'm gonna go with the square root of f**k all ;)

Hopefully have a reliable car again by then. Driveshaft & engine mount changed by then.

well. he's done the crank bearings so i doubt it'll drop its b****cks!

headgasket might pop tho :p

Head gasket will be fine! It's only 1.5 bar over factory!

Be alright you pussy.

You want one of them rubber bung things still?

Obvioisly have missed how s**t my car is lately.
Yes please, no rush now, worry about it next time I see you.

Do or Die, there's no inbetween.

I'll probably die!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
FYI, anybody reading this, I'm drunk, so I'm sorry if I make no sense..

Anyway, Yesterday I ordered new front Discs & pads from g172, Top service as always!.

Pedal feel is much better now, really pleased, and theres nothing like turning up to your girlfriends with brakes smoking like fuckery, I lol'ed hard.

Off to get more wankered now!

Ha ha , no worries Alex. Cheers :cheers:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Update following the last few days....

First up, bought all the pipework to finish plumbing up my intercooler at last.

So f**ked off the old 80 intercooler, and the factory rad fan, as its massive and I've always hated it.
8437CA84-B319-40C7-BBF1-36867A753737_zpsp81iorar.jpg

I then failed to get any pictures, but its all nice silicone now.

Done.
9A3B0974-46DB-4C73-8168-3230230B8EF2_zps3xjou6ws.jpg

A5A09CB0-875F-40FB-B55D-01233C7792A5_zpsnoh4t6w9.jpg

Seems much faster due to the lack of boost leaking, and I then, after somebody saying you could wind up the boost slightly, without issue, Wound the boost up to 1.25 Bar. Its cooled the running temps down a bit, and stopped as much smoke, running sweet.

Just been having a little skim through this thread and noticed this. What intercooler is that you've got on there? Looks bigger than the dci 100 one. Looks better. Looks like something I want on mine lol :rasp:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Just been having a little skim through this thread and noticed this. What intercooler is that you've got on there? Looks bigger than the dci 100 one. Looks better. Looks like something I want on mine lol :rasp:

looks like, looks look a intercooler from toyosport
if you have a loooooooook ;)

Many.
So. Alex f**ked my car, didn't you @AlexW - some mechanic you are! Pfffffft.

Shhh you. I didn't actually f**k anything, it was already fucked and seems pointless putting something broken back on.

Toyosport, eBay circa £50 I think. Yours being a 100 should mean the boost pipes required to link up to the existing pipework should be cheaper, I spent a fair whack on that.

LoL don't trust a mechanic ;)

Certainly not me!

looks like, looks look a intercooler from toyosport
if you have a loooooooook ;)

Very observant!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Toyosport, eBay circa £50 I think. Yours being a 100 should mean the boost pipes required to link up to the existing pipework should be cheaper, I spent a fair whack on that.

Cheers mate! Have you got a link by any chance? Had a look there on ebay and can't find anything, although I found various different sized ones on toyosports website

Many.
Just checked, They are out of stock atm!
My size is...
550mm x 140mm x 65mm, Overall length: 690mm.
2.25" (57mm) Inlets

You'll probably need reducers etc for your boost pipes too, I did.

I drilled the crash bar to mount, used some studding, used some rubber washers aswell, to mount the IC.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh typical! Ta for the sizes, i'll have a little browse around ebay with those and see what I can find. I think I will need reducers too, the standard piping is around 50mm I'm sure.

Love being able to see an intercooler at the front. Mines is so old and s**t looking I'm sometimes not sure it's there LOL.