ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alien Green 200

Alien Green 200
Been off the forum after popping two engines in my 172 Cup back in 2013, driving an awful Saxo VTR for a while then moved onto the land of the rising sun into the world of classic impreza ownership which is coming to an end on wednesday when I got pick my new baby up.
Check it y0.
clio.jpg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Was eyeing this up also as a replacement for the Trophy - epic car mate.

Alien Green 200
Great colour. You still in Selby?
Cheers pal, nah I've escaped that hell hole, in Leeds now
Nice car, any plans for it?
Taaa, nothing solid as of yet, exahust, maybe lower it a touch, keep it clean and little details.
Definitely the best 200 colour imo. Looks smart :smile:
Was eyeing this up also as a replacement for the Trophy - epic car mate.
Thanks guys

Alien Green 200
  Alien Green 200
Everything has been going great since I picked it up, fixed my horrible kangarooing issue with a well placed cable tie tying down the maf sensor.
UNTIL
Coming home from work last week went straight up the arse of a brand new BMW 520d, minor damage to mine has been taken careof with a well placed sticker, his damage is coming off my insurance, gr8.
10406496_10152835914517218_2722281532725585424_n.jpg

Then tried to replace my brakes, couldnt get calliper pins out of the fronts, so its booked in at Diamond Motors on the 8th for having them done.
THEN
Hit a pothole and suffered my first ever puncture, well, a 3 inch slice to the inner sidewall, resulting in 2 new Pirelli P-Zero Nero's as Kwik Fit didn't/couldn't get and Contisport 5's for me. Awesome.
I like the view from the back more now.
11150466_10152826539112218_5595564720432437920_n.jpg
11188282_10152815701142218_8950605047327227258_n.jpg

Alien Green 200
Contemplating selling up and going back to a 172 Cup.... My financial outlook is pretty dire atm. Help what should I do!?

Love AG 200's. Such a shame you've had some bad luck. It's a no brainier going back to 172 Cup or even a good 182 to get back on track financially. Or could you take it off the road and run around in a banger for a while ?

Alien Green 200
Money talks , get your self a tidy 172 cup , no love lost.
Love AG 200's. Such a shame you've had some bad luck. It's a no brainier going back to 172 Cup or even a good 182 to get back on track financially. Or could you take it off the road and run around in a banger for a while ?

Aye, the 30 mile commute to work doesnt help either, thought id get more mpg than it gives me tbh. Probs gonna be up for sale in the next couple of weeks. Wish I could take it off the road and have a banger. Proepr want my old cup back but god knows where that is now, had it set up so well :'(

Back to the Mk2 I go I think, if i can get a minimum of 7.5k for this that'd be literally the best thing in the world. And would sort me right out.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Don't sell for too little mate! The green does seem to hold its value a little bit more than some other colours. Some are retailing at 9 compared to 7ish in a different colour

Alien Green 200
Don't sell for too little mate! The green does seem to hold its value a little bit more than some other colours. Some are retailing at 9 compared to 7ish in a different colour

Yeah man, I need to do some research first before it goes up for sale it will be up for a bit cheaper than the going rate cos I'm literally dead broke.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
With the gearbox problems/accident damage, im not sure you're going to get what your asking for unfortunately. Perhaps fix it up (on credit card), then list it for its full value? Also, as you bought it from a dealer only 4 months ago, you should be able to talk to them about getting the gearbox fixed ... look up Sale of Goods Act. Blooming lovely colour though AG!!

Alien Green 200
With the gearbox problems/accident damage, im not sure you're going to get what your asking for unfortunately. Perhaps fix it up (on credit card), then list it for its full value? Also, as you bought it from a dealer only 4 months ago, you should be able to talk to them about getting the gearbox fixed ... look up Sale of Goods Act. Blooming lovely colour though AG!!

tbh the box is loads better than it used to be barely grinds at all.
I can't get credit. This is why it has to go as it is. I don't have any money.

Alien Green 200
Nobody bought my car, so I decided to stop being a little girl and keep it.

Got a years test on it with only a wobbly headlight letting the side down for a first time pass. It's had 2x new tyres on the back and I've figured out the secret of economical mk3 driving, cruise control at 55mph, 35mpg is actually achievable!

Now progress from here on out is likely to be non existant whilst I remove my overdraft and credit card, live like a hermit and work all the hours under the sun until the end of the year.

But next year I have my eye on a new exhaust, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and some form of induction kit, found out that im owed a fair bit of money from work as ive been underpaid for the last 2 years which will help pay for that little lot, oh and belts and service too.

Couple of photos from the dales run i went on with clio197.net
20007238786_3cbd612882_b.jpg

19412532553_82f6c6ac29_b.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Glad you kept it!
I'm looking at doing the reverse, replacing my 172 with a 197/200. :)

What exhaust are you looking at?
Also, how are the exhaust manifolds on these? Are the welds as prone to break as on the 197 units?