ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
image.jpeg
So I went and got my hand on a R26 F1 today, so so happy with it .. Very fast haha

Number 76 out of Dieppe

Competly standard, 70k miles, very well looked after

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks good, what's planned?

Seems like the natural progression from Clios to Meganes.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Great result

Was surprised, Charlie at SRR said it'll be about 225 even tho its a 230 .. good strong engine im happy with!
Got an ITG panel foam filter coming this week, and then im looking into mapping :)

Got a split CV boot to fix and going to replace both steering arms (Had a health check from renault and they came up)

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
New pads has pins have arrived, should have an ITG panel filter turning up as well.. Went for the R26R pads, so I'm hoping they may be a bit better? @Danith .. How easy is the box mod to do?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Great result on the rollers!!

Mines got a knackered tie rod too, seems to be a common issue.

Airbox mods a doddle just make sure you disconnect battery and ecu in the right sequence!

Depends what you've got to cut the hole really but theres no art to it, just chop a hole in the front Where the cold air feed is

Mine sounds ace now with itg panel. Definitely deeper exhaust note and induction grunt. Feels a bit snappier too

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Great result on the rollers!!

Mines got a knackered tie rod too, seems to be a common issue.

Airbox mods a doddle just make sure you disconnect battery and ecu in the right sequence!

Depends what you've got to cut the hole really but theres no art to it, just chop a hole in the front Where the cold air feed is

Mine sounds ace now with itg panel. Definitely deeper exhaust note and induction grunt. Feels a bit snappier too
Is that with the box mod? I'm quite looking forward to seeing if there's much difference just replacing the filter, wanting more turbo noise !

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Zero difference with just the panel. For cheap quick lolz drive around with your back seats down. Sounds cool
I do that a lot, quite cool tbh haha
Its all about the open filter. The turbo noise is mint! Plus it makes the standard dump valve quite vocal

I was looking at an open filter, but at the time the panel sounded a bit better, plus keeps the bay looking standard!