ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 172 owners esp. Cup

Do me a favour, go out in your car, with the passenger window down, rag it in second gear up to approx 6000 prm, tell me what you hear, a whistle like noise?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

are you talking about the fuel pump.. that whines at lower reves like a very very quite turbo.

the 6k whistle is normal. I got that until I changed exhaust/IK, so I suspect it may be the airbox. Another theory was that it was caused by the injectors working overtime (dubious). In any case rest assured its normal

VW Potato

yes, the whistle is from the exhaust. Flip down your back seats, take out the parcel shelf and then crank it up to 6k, and giggle as the exhaust rasp is amplified.

g

Quote: Originally posted by Cup172 on 26 June 2003

Still having problems with Co-op?
Well, now that i have been out with their mechanic Mark Smith, i real down to earth person who doesnt spout you a load of sh*t aka Bob Sutton.

He suggested that i try another cup or 172, which i did, the noise was there, im happy its just a noise that it makes now.

Didnt have to go through this whole shambles experiance which has bascially left me appalled at the level of customer care!!

But im happy my cup is healthy now, for now anyway!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

can i just ask ? how many people sit still with their windows down at 6krpm anyway ?

weirdos.. heh.

well, with your air con? there is no need, but us poor cup drivers :-( and it was in 2nd gear - im assuming you dont drive a cup anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 28 June 2003

can i just ask ? how many people sit still with their windows down at 6krpm anyway ?
maybe hes adopted the ace ventura "pet detective" driving position :p