ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 182 owners with CUP packs...insurance question

clio 182 FF + chipped
What have you told your insurance??? Have you just said its a standard 182, a 182 CUP or 182 with CUP packs telling them about spoiler, alloys, suspension.

Im really confused. I just told them mines a 182 even though it has both CUP packs. As the 182 CUP's are the racing blue ones right? For all i know this is how it came out of the factory right?
I read the post on the differences but just dont have a clue when it comes to insuring it. I was thinking last night if i crash and something happens to an alloy they wouldnt give me a CUP alloy just a standard 182 alloy.

So were the CUP packs optional extras? Do i need to tell them about optional extras?

What have you lot said? :S

I doubt it, they arent modifications as they are factory fitted.

Mines a 182 w/ cup packs and I didnt bother.

If you had a standard 182 and fitted the cup packs yourself, then thats a different story :)

I wouldnt worry about it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a 182. Done.

What if you fitted continental tyres in stead of PE2's..... what if you put Castrol oil in, instead of Elf? What if you replaced the standard airfilter, with a pattern part, not standard parts are they? etc etc

Clio 182FF
^ Beaten to it, but anyway...

I have told them nothing. I just gave them the registration number of the car and they asked me to confirm is was a Renault Sport 182 2.0 litre. Never mentioned anything about my cup packs.

The cup packs were optional extras when you ordered the cars from new and thus are considered a standard item I believe. It shoudn't make a difference to your insurance as they do not need to be declared.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

clio 182 FF + chipped
I doubt it, they arent modifications as they are factory fitted.

Mines a 182 w/ cup packs and I didnt bother.

If you had a standard 182 and fitted the cup packs yourself, then thats a different story :)

I wouldnt worry about it.

No it came with CUP packs from the factory. So yeah thats what i thought, i havent modified it in any way and thats the question they ask.

Chris Knott class the cup packs as modifications (don't get me started, I wasn't happy).

Either way, I told them I had cup packs and they listed them as mods. Didnt charge any extra for them though so i guess its all gravy.

182 ff
it doesnt matter at all its factory standard had this argument with elepant .com trying not paying out for my 172 cup when i smashed it up ( said we thought it had abs ) i said if it did i wouldnt off crashed lol

Rusty Cup
when i wrote my 1.6 16v off it had 17's with paradas, lowered, exhaust, airfilter, subs.

They paid out within 2 weeks didnt even raise an eyebrow £3499, after paying of the finance off i ended up with a £1000 to play with :D

Maybe i was just lucky :p

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
it doesnt matter at all its factory standard had this argument with elepant .com trying not paying out for my 172 cup when i smashed it up ( said we thought it had abs ) i said if it did i wouldnt off crashed lol
#

Bollox!!!

So if my mum bought a 172 Cup, how would she know its not fitted with ABS?

The insurance comps should know the specs of the cars. It shouldnt be the resposibility of the customer to point EVERY single spec of the car if it's standard.

WANTED Arctic 182
Probably a stupid question but on a quote with Bell it give the option to add 'body kit' as an optional extra. Would cup packs be classed as this to bell?

Though Bell did ask me when I was doing ym policy wethere there was an optional extra's on the car, which the Cup packs could be classed as.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was always under the impression that if anything (even factory fitted items) was fitted that was not on the basic spec sheet then it counted as a mod. So if you tick the box for 'Cup Packs', then that is a mod. I'm sure I've read it when getting insurance from Elephant and Bell etc.

WANTED Arctic 182
I think the Admiral group must class it as a mod.

I can't see many people buying new cars with optional extras and telling the insurance company!

Just another excuse to get, yet more, money out of us.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I was always under the impression that if anything (even factory fitted items) was fitted that was not on the basic spec sheet then it counted as a mod. So if you tick the box for 'Cup Packs', then that is a mod. I'm sure I've read it when getting insurance from Elephant and Bell etc.

CORRECT !!

Now, not every company uses this wording but it is in most companies Terms & Cons.

Tesco for example clearly ask you when asking for a quote....

"Has the car been modified in anyway, including any factory options"

As quoted above, a standard car spec is what you start with at the showroom... and the 182 had the cup packs as extras.

Yes theres the whole arguement on why they should even care about stuff like that but they do.

The OP asked the question, heres the tech correct response!

Theres been SO many threads regarding this before hehe :)

i read a thread before somewhere about a mini? the insurence company where being funny about paying out as the "chilli pack" wasnt mentioned in the quote

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The insurance comps should know the specs of the cars. It shouldnt be the resposibility of the customer to point EVERY single spec of the car if it's standard.

Absolutely. There is no excuse for it.

And by that, I mean every permutation of the same car. They should know the physical differences between a 182FF, 182 Cup and a 182 Trophy, for example.

This information should be centrally accessed - authorised and updated by the car manufacturers themselves and monitored by an independant governing body.

FFS, we pay the feckers enough per year for jack all. The least they could is to get the facts right in the first place.

D.

Titanium 182
I just gave them the reg and said it was a clio 182 16v 2.0.

The rest is up to them as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably tell them when I renew my insurance though.

Clio 197 F1
I'm with bell and they asked me if I have any optional extras so I told them about my Xenons and Climate Control and on my insurance dos they have noted it down and 'interior change' and 'exterior change'.

It didn't change the price so I don't really mind.