ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys!

Clio 1.6 16v
Hi all :cool:

I own a 1.6 16v mk2 (phase 1) clio and was wondering if anybody wanted to give me some input on what alloys they think are best, so size, make etc.

I currently have on some nasty 17 inch bk racing ones that came with the car.... im not too sure about them to be honest haha :)

Petrol Blue 182.
is your car lowerd? into any "scenes"? Renault do some standerd alloys that are sweet, mk1 clio alloys (turbines) are what i would go for, even reanult 19 16v wheels are cool, I had them on my mk2 ph1, actually i had both lol, search my old car and see what you think mate

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Depends on if you are going to lower the car as well?

16's are a good size, in terms of which wheel, the masses choose the Speedline Turini, but there are others like Oz F1's, Mark 1 Clio Wheels (Turbines), Speedline 2118's etc etc. Just have a look for something you like

Clio 1.6 16v
haha well yeah i actually saw a pair of turbines off the 1.8 16v mk1 clio the other day on ebay and now youve said that i wish i bought them, Well thats the thing i want to lower it but how much by i dont know. i was thinking 60mm? does that sound wise :)

Also 17's are too big for a clio?

Clio 1.6 16v
el3dxu.gif

This is how the alloys are at the minute

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
IMO 17's are too big, here a pic of my old on on Turinins, lowered on Apex Kit (Rubbish BTW) -55mm i think

IMG_1056.gif

Clio 1.6 16v
Ahh they look nice! its just my 17's look way too big! and well whatever i get i will get them professionally sprayed black as i want my car black on black :) it seems everybody in my area has black on white so i will go for black on black (Y)

Whats peoples views on the standard 172 ones? i think them sprayed look quite nice :) especially when lowered

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v
I agree there the OZ F1's are nice (Y)!

They are nice too, i might take a look into them as i want something subtle, thats not over the top.

From that picture above don't worry! them ugly side skirts are coming off aswell :) haha

Ph 1 172
I'd pick some second had F1's up.
They sell really cheap and look great.

Keep your eye on the for sale threads on here and also ebay.

+1 im retutrning my phase 1 172 back to standard ish looks and i got a set of oz f1's for £130 with tyres (all be it a bit shagged lol)

Petrol Blue 182.
^ Good price! why dont you get a cheap set of coilys? hot tuning on ebay are good set of cheapys, that way u have more movement on what sort of drop you want. cars always look better slammed!

ph1 track weapon
or you could get something different to what everyone suggests, as every bloody clio has turinis, 2118s or f1s! how about a set of Cades Eros, Schmidts or something with a little dish?

Clio 1.6 16v
ahhh! i absoloubtely love schmidts! however my friend got some for his punto mk'2 and they where just shy of 1k! seeing as im going to university next year, im not sure thats for me haha :) il take a look around for a second hand pair :) cheers for all the input!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i have a set of lenso BSX 15" for sale

(BBS replicas) with stretched tyres!! lol