ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ally's 30th present - new car content :-)

Mini Cooper S sport
Very nice car!

Shame you couldn't stretch to a Z4M...but good looking motor anyway, I really like them.

Very nice, i normally dont look at any BMW's twice unless its a proper M powered wagon but these are very striking, what insurance group is this?

My old boys thinking of getting a Z4M Coupe for his retirement, i said hed be better with an RS4 avant for the fishing and the like
My 3.0i SE is group 18 IIRC, but it's a good bit cheaper for me to insure this than an EP3 CTR :S

Lovely Ally and happy birthday!
good choice chief.
Lovely car mate...as many lengthy convos we've had, i maybe in a BMW of some sort in the next 6-12 months..
Cheers guys :eek:

It's all about the noise and the rwd, looks good in silver too.

mid life crisis?! hardly, that'll be a Lotus when you're in your 40's.

I dunno wtf to buy now lol
RWD FTMFW lol.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They are quicker than you think also.

I tried it on once in my 182 and got analy abused

320d
Lad I know has the 2.2 SE. Feels very solid handling and feels quick, seems to have a decent amount of torque low down. So i can only presume that the 3.0 M Sport is far better in every way. Good upgrade mate, very nice indeed.

Lad I know has the 2.2 SE. Feels very solid handling and feels quick, seems to have a decent amount of torque low down. So i can only presume that the 3.0 M Sport is far better in every way. Good upgrade mate, very nice indeed.
Cheers, there's quite a few different engines in the Z4, only really poor one is the older 2.0 4-cylinder with 150ps.

Pre-facelift (up to around 55-plate):
2.0i 4-cyl 150ps
2.5i 6-cyl 190ish I think
3.0i 6-cyl 231ps

Post-facelift (06-plate or so onwards):
2.5i 180ps or so
2.5Si 215ps or so
3.0Si 265ps

I can't remember where the 2.2i fits in but it's a 6-cyl 170ps and is related to the earlier 6-cyl engines like mine, but is supposed to be very smooth with a nice sound but just lacking the outright grunt the car deserves.

They are quicker than you think also.

I tried it on once in my 182 and got analy abused
Mine's a pre-facelift 3.0i: 231ps, enough for 0-62 in 5.9s and 155mph limited, but still around 30-32mpg...

Would shame a 1*2 tbh

Yep, but I still wouldn't fancy my chances against steven.m's Astra ^^^^ once rolling :eek:

I'm just being a complete shitbag when it comes to corners at the moment - not the best time to be learning a new car with RWD...