ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Almost out of Onyx

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Well after nearly 18 months of using the same pot of Onyx, the tub is looking rather bare. So, i require a replacement. Do i get the same again, or try something different?

What about sealants as an alternative to wax? Used the CG Blitz and thought it was an incredibly good product. Is it as long lasting and as a good as a wax? I dunno.

So, all recommendations welcome. Oh, try to keep it around the £50 mark please :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Move upwards to collinites 476 :eek:

Just jesting, maybe worth moving towards BOS if it's a very tidy car mate.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^BAN! and BOS is 3x his proposed budget!

Bragg try my Saphir. it's good and well priced.!

What about sealants as an alternative to wax? Used the CG Blitz and thought it was an incredibly good product. Is it as long lasting and as a good as a wax? I dunno.

:)

Owned by hero's! I keep meaning to get round to ordering Onyx. Where can you buy it from?

I would agree with Highlander on the split pot thing, bonne idee!

And Justin Onyx is only available from Swissvax directly now, got rid of all vendors IIRC.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
well...dunno. Sure you's could figure something out. You only need to wax your car once a month. i did it with Jem, 40£ each!

well...dunno. Sure you's could figure something out. You only need to wax your car once a month. i did it with Jem, 40£ each!

Aye but you are at his/he's at yours a lot more often for romantic meals. :rasp:

Nay bother, you just plan when you will need it and then grab it off the other gent.

Tis what Chris and I will be doing (I think) once we both decide to/get round to it!

Aye. Doubt I'd notice the difference in BOS over Onyx though would I?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
BOS ftw, saying that I havent tried safhir or oynx.

On the DaveKG thead the collinite 915 came up top trumps! worth a look at for £20!

Just had a quick search over on DW and BOS doesnt seem to get great reviews, most saying its too expensive in comparison to other waxes which produce similar results.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! Where's Ali!

Ben I take whatever Dave KG says as gospel!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pmsl! Where's Ali!

Ben I take whatever Dave KG says as gospel!

/Caremuch? As i said before, you sturggle to see the difference "Visually" between a budget wax and a premium wax, what you will find however, is the ease of application, the durability (of a soft wax) Not a chemical based paste.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I heart Dave KG! All his articles are a great read!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
/Caremuch? As i said before, you sturggle to see the difference "Visually" between a budget wax and a premium wax, what you will find however, is the ease of application, the durability (of a soft wax) Not a chemical based paste.
I agreed with that Ali, I was bigging up the fact it cost £12 and could bead all winter.

I would throw 476 in the bin if I could afford a nicer wax.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I agreed with that Ali, I was bigging up the fact it cost £12 and could bead all winter.

I would throw 476 in the bin if I could afford a nicer wax.

Why tho? You've just raved about it!!

Like i said before, if collinites was as easy to apply as Saphir and gave the same desired look i'd buy it!! Cost isn't the issue! At the end of the day, it's the prep work that gived the depth of finish not the wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why tho? You've just raved about it!!

Like i said before, if collinites was as easy to apply as Saphir and gave the same desired look i'd buy it!! Cost isn't the issue! At the end of the day, it's the prep work that gived the depth of finish not the wax!
I did rave about it because it was £12 and could poss show up a lot of more expensive waxes.

I would buy a nicer wax because I believe a wax such as DJ Armour would add something to the finish of my car.

Skoda Fabia vRS
not joking now Ali, but if you have issues with Collinite you really must be putting it on too thick, it wipes straight off !

dont get Zymol Carbon, it smells nice, looks nice, but doesnt bead for very long, however IF you can wax your car every month without fail it might be an option

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
not joking now Ali, but if you have issues with Collinite you really must be putting it on too thick, it wipes straight off !

dont get Zymol Carbon, it smells nice, looks nice, but doesnt bead for very long, however IF you can wax your car every month without fail it might be an option
Aw please don't start! You are both right! :) Happy times!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I love collinite 467, have i missed somthing?

I really want to try 915, it lasts longer and gives a lovley shine!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
915 Get's great reviews i'm unsure as to if like Ali says it's Chem based?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Go with what works for you. Given that you've just folked out 135 for a wax ben i certainly would be going back to 915...:S

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Go with what works for you. Given that you've just folked out 135 for a wax ben i certainly would be going back to 915...:S

I havent tired 915, would like too though, I bought BOS just to try it and now im happy with it I will buy it again! But if i had a budget of £20 ish Collinite seems to fit the bill perfect! I have never had a problem with it!

Im no pro, and hardly a mega hobby of mine..but that just my 2pence worth!

Never tried CG50 but have heard good reviews.

Personally prefer the standard p21s and Natty's shout, as you all know.

476 goes on the wheels.