ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Drains iPod?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Recently fitted an Alpine, iPod compatiable headunit and am very happy with it, other than one thing, when i turn the car off and go inside, if i come out after a day or two, the iPod has completely lost charge.

Is there any way to stop this other than unplugging it every time i leave the car? The whole idea of the iPod being in the glove box is that i can just leave it there, but when it turn the car on the iPod has to charge for some time before its useable, as it is TOTALLY empty.

Homo spec mazda
When you get out and turn the ignition off the ipod stays on, hence dead battery, either turn it off when you get out or just leave it, id say 80% of the time mine is fine however every so often it does decide to die and is back on within a minute.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
As above. Mine's done the same since I bought my Alpine 9855 - 4 years ago!
I thought this was a problem they would have fixed by now.

Listerine & Poledo
it's only a problem with "Full-speed" Alpine units, I've found.

my last alpine (which i changed so I could keep the Clio display) switched the iPod off when the unit turned off. However, it didn't charge from flat, which the new ones do.

Thusly a dead ipod battery should sort itself out in a few minutes

BMW M135i
Never had a problem with mine at all, on both my old 9855R with the adapter and the full speed 9887R i've got now. Charges from the headunit when powered and turns off with the ignition.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think it could be the second hand iPod i've got, the battery might not be as good as i'd like. I really hoped there would be a way to get the iPod to turn off when the head unit goes off.

Shame there is no way to set the iPod to power down are being idle for say an hour.

Glad to know i'm not the only one though.

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
it's only a problem with "Full-speed" Alpine units, I've found.

my last alpine (which i changed so I could keep the Clio display) switched the iPod off when the unit turned off. However, it didn't charge from flat, which the new ones do.

Thusly a dead ipod battery should sort itself out in a few minutes

Which headunit did you go for to keep the Clio display?