ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine MRVF340 V-12 amp help

RS Clio 182

I am looking for some help wiring up my Alpine MRVF340 V-12 amp. I need to know which channels to connect my front speaker RCAs to giving a bridged setup. I am clueless as to which switch setting gives the bridged output. Is it the 1+3/2+4, the 1/2 or 3/4 switch setting?

Polo + Micra

i cant find the manual on the alpine website.

you wont do any harm just connecting it up and moving the switch to find out how the fade is (only alter settings with the power off)

Polo + Micra

according to the alpine site to run it bridged into 2 channels you need the switch on 3/4

and some "Y" rca adapters to input right into 1&2 and left into 3&4

RS Clio 182

Cheers Dink. Does that mean it is not possible to have simple straight connections from my hu preouts to individual channels on my amp and I need "Y" RCAs instead? I have already wired a 4 input RCA to 4 output RCA cable to my hu front and rear (left & right) preouts and was hoping that there would be another way as I eventually wish to get another amp to power my rear speakers and simply plug in the rear RCA left and right connection.

Polo + Micra

cant you not use the amp to run all your speakers un till you get your new amp?

RS Clio 182

I could do but cannot afford to buy one at the moment. Does the bridging take place using the channel selection switch or does it automatically take place when the speakers are connected to the bridged setting? If it is the latter then surely it is just a case of selecting 1/2 and having the 2 RCA connections (front right and left) going into channels 3 and 4??? I am very confused now. Your help is appreciated!

Polo + Micra

m8 i think im just as confused :D

bridging takes place by how you connect the speakers.

to bridge the front i would say put on set of rcas into ch1 and ch3 and put the switch to 3/4

RS Clio 182

Let me try an make things clearer:

I would like to have my Alpine 7894RB with front (left and right) and rear (left and right) preouts wired so that I can either run my two front speakers – bridged – through my amp and the rears powered by the head unit, or both the front and rear speakers – NOT bridged – through my amp with the head unit internal amp switched off. I therefore need 4 RCA plugs from the 2 pair preouts i.e. 4 RCA individual cables each going to 4 individual channels on my amp.

I hope this makes things clearer and cheers for your help!

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 13 April 2005
cant you not use the amp to run all your speakers un till you get your new amp?

you have run two sets of rcas to your amp already right?

then all you need to do is plug the front rcas into 1&2 and the rear ones into 3&4.

then just wire up the speakers accordingly.

RS Clio 182

Thats correct Dink for the four speaker setup powered by my amp. Im assuming I would set the switch to 1+3/2+4?

What im confused about is the setup with just my front two speakers bridged. Im guessing I should have the front right speaker +ve and -ve connected to ch1 +ve and ch2 -ve and the front left speaker +ve and -ve connected to ch3 +ve and ch4 -ve. The front RCAs should be plugged into ch1 and ch3 with the switch set to 1/2. Is that right???

Cheers once again.

Polo + Micra

for the four speaker setup you would have it set to 3/4
using two sets of rcas or 1/2 when using just one set of rcas.

bridged setup you should use y splitters and it set to 3/4 but try it just having the rcas going to ch1 and ch3 but it might be really quiet which then you need the y splitters

RS Clio 182

If that is the case then would there be any loss in quality if I added 2 lots of a "Y" splitter RCA female/2 RCA Male connections at my amp?