ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alright everyone.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Hello my names Dave, ive never been on a forum before, not quite sure how it works, so bare with me if I get it wrong. Ive got a few questions about my car.

Ive just bought a 52 plate 172 over the weekend and its got odd tyres
with different tread depths and patterns the car feels all over the place,
squirming around with little grip.

Its got Pzeros on the frount & a Conti on back passenger & a Mich Pilot with barely legal tread on rear drivers. Is this the reason it feels lose or have I bought a pup?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
The back stepped out on me today round a bend, I wasn't even going quick. Scared the crap out of me, controled it with a dash of opposite lock, but i'd like tyres that grip in all conditions. Guess that means Exaltos.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
A few mates have said the same, also all the research ive done on the internet confirms that crap tyres on a 172 leads to crap handling.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hello my names Dave, ive never been on a forum before, not quite sure how it works, so bare with me if I get it wrong. Ive got a few questions about my car.

Ive just bought a 52 plate 172 over the weekend and its got odd tyres
with different tread depths and patterns the car feels all over the place,
squirming around with little grip.

Its got Pzeros on the frount & a Conti on back passenger & a Mich Pilot with barely legal tread on rear drivers. Is this the reason it feels lose or have I bought a pup?

Is it the massive alsatian in the boot thats affecting the handling ? Or sorry welcome by the way🤣