ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to broken back box

2003 Clio 172
The back box just broke where the pipe enters the muffler resulting in a embarrassing farting sound wherever I go.. :(
I was planning on getting a cat back next year but I still don't know what to get. I really like the look of the recessed exhausts but KTEC is both loud and with questionable quality (?) and the tailpipe on Milltek/Piper/Scorpion doesn't look good at all if you ask me.

Now, I really need to get this fixed ASAP so I thought of replacing just the back box with one from ebay for the time being. Will a non-sport back box fit?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
If its a 172 then the cybox ones on ebay will fit right onto the center section.
They are 130 notes tho

2003 Clio 172
If its a 172 then the cybox ones on ebay will fit right onto the center section.
They are 130 notes tho

Looks a bit chav. :(
I hope I'd be able to keep it stock looking without drone or a booming exhaust sound until I finally pull the plug on a decent stainless cat back.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ktec will sell you just the back box from this system:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2774&appid=2
there isnt a price so you might have to email them. its mild steel so wont last forever but if its just a stop gap till you get a full stainless it might be the way to go. But yeah If you are in Sweden surely its better to get the old broken one welded back some how to save money.

And im amazed a swede knows the word Chav !!

2003 Clio 172

Thank you!

Ktec will sell you just the back box from this system:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2774&appid=2
there isnt a price so you might have to email them. its mild steel so wont last forever but if its just a stop gap till you get a full stainless it might be the way to go. But yeah If you are in Sweden surely its better to get the old broken one welded back some how to save money.

And im amazed a swede knows the word Chav !!

I was actually looking at KTEC's exhausts and wasn't far from ordering their recessed sports cat back but after reading a few comments here I quickly changed my mind. I've heard their stealth cat back is almost as bad so I rather not buy their back box either.

Good to know about the alternatives in case my current box cannot be welded.

Cheers guys.

I had the same issue and bought a backbox from ECP for about £30. You could tell it was a cheap pattern part as the fit wasn't ideal - mostly due to the box being much taller and fouling the heat shield and that it sounded a bit crap. It got me out of a hole though when the OE one actually fell off.

2003 Clio 172
Are those that ECP offer Sport specific or some generic Clio back box? There are several places who offer cheap Clio back boxes but I wasn't sure it'd fit so that's why I asked here.
Ebay.de (slightly faster deliveries) offers Clio 1.4 back boxes for €35.

Will it fit though?