ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator and belt required for PMS air con delete

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Alternator is seized which came with the engine. It has a PMS aircon con delete bracket.

What belt is required for this set up and assuming I just get a valeo alternator ?

Undecided whether to go epas , assuming then i would need a different belt again and do people run a cup alternator then , do they mount up differently ?

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’ve gone epas and run a cup alternator setup. Seemed a simpler option for me. Can then run a 5pk847 belt as you’re only running water pump and alternator

I have the PMS aircon delete kit on my 182 and have fitted a cheapo RTX 110amp alternator, all working ok.
Can't help with the belt, unless you also have the PMS lightweight pulleys fitted, in which case don't do what I nearly did......swap your alternator in for the surcharge without first swapping the pulleys, doh!
If you do have lightweight pulleys it's a 4 rib contitech belt, which i got direct from PMS, £18.44 delivered, just to be sure I got the right one