ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alternator pulley??

H86

black 172
ok car is in garage today yet again for sqeaking/rubbing noise coming from somewhere on belt system since i got the car (despite replacing aux and cambelt plus the kits)

so my question is ..is the alternator pulley not the same as aux belt pulley?

its had new aux belt kit, and i assumed the aux belt kit includes pullys!?!?
at the time he fitted it he said it looks like someone has gone at your alternator belt pully with the wrong tool as it was chipped .. but this was not replaced with the pulley i had in the kit i got from renault so is it a seperate thing??

i am seriously confused!!

cheers
:mad:

H86

black 172
i remeber there been 3 parts in the kit including the belt,

i did not change the belt as id had it done a month previous but i found out they hadnt changed the kit just the belt so figured this was why the squeaking noise hadnt stopped, so ordered a kit and got fitted what i assumed was the pulley and tensioner for aux belt

when i picked up my car the mechanic said he thought noise would continue as he suspected alternator belt pulley was damaged, noise has continued so back in today and he has confiremed that its damaged alternator blt pulley however i can find no reference to it anywere as been a different thign to the aux belt pulley which should have come with the kit??

Maybe he means the actual pully part of the altenator. That doesn't come with the aux kit.