ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i paranoid about my new 182?? Help

renaultsport 182
hi guys. i finally took the plunge yesterday and bought the clio 182 54 reg with 32,000 0n the clock. But i have a few questions,, when it idles it slightly goes up and down in revs only slightly tho,, it makes the car move a bit inside, im doing an oil change today and i have treated the petrol with redex... is all this normal???

any help is appreciated

will get pics up here of it soon

A ANIMAL
Its about £140 (dependant on exchangee rates as it's from holland). you basically do it yourself with a laptop. Pay your membership fee (you tight git ;)) and theres plenty of info on here. Also a group buy going on at the moment.

Mk2 172
hi guys. i finally took the plunge yesterday and bought the clio 182 54 reg with 32,000 0n the clock. But i have a few questions,, when it idles it slightly goes up and down in revs only slightly tho,, it makes the car move a bit inside, im doing an oil change today and i have treated the petrol with redex... is all this normal???

any help is appreciated

will get pics up here of it soon

Stop worrying! Just drive the wheels off it. Everyone else does lol.

renaultsport 182
Mine's been lumpy since the day it was delivered ~48,000 miles ago. Nothing to worry about, as already said :)

cheers boys... you know what its like!!! every little noise is a gremlin for the first few weeks lol.... i need to buy the fog light electrical inserts too.. any idea where i get them other than the main stealers??

M2 Competition
Remap, engine and gearbox mounts can all ease this slightly. Some do it more than others.

Perfectly normal on a clio though. I found the cups were worse for it.

Black Gold with cup packs
what exactly does an rstuner kit do. i.e what difference will it make

more power, more torque, increases the rev limit, supposed to iron out any flatspots cannot comment that it will do on it's own, but in conjunction with a few breathing modifications I am sure it will do. Lumpy at idle is perfectly normal mate. My Schricked 172cup was like school custard at idle

The main difference Ive noticed is the much improved idle. It does feel a bit more gutsy mid rev range, but I'll drive it more before I comment on any 'performance increases'.

Oh, and its meant to increase mpg slightly, due to being more efficient, but I havent driven my car enough to notice that yet :)