ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking at alternatives to sky. Have an older stick which had Kodi etc on and never really got on with it always searching for decent links.

Have things moved on? What are the better paid options and whats the latest Kodi type free options?

Do any offer a record function now?
Yeah get a paid one and a decent stick and never look back. I've been with the same provider for 4 years I think now. Not an issue. I have sky in my living room, but essentially but I pay £50 a year to watch Celtic games. Bargain. Also means I have "sky" in my bedroom easier.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Who are the good providers? Obviously lots of ones out there but finding one people recommend is not so common.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Looking at alternatives to sky. Have an older stick which had Kodi etc on and never really got on with it always searching for decent links.

Have things moved on? What are the better paid options and whats the latest Kodi type free options?

Do any offer a record function now?
Paid solutions work best genuinely.

Record function would need a proper stb box (not mag many services stopped those as very insecure) but absolutely you could look at the formuler boxes with a hdd on.

Remember benefit of the iptv is purely live but many services offer catch up and other movies and series stuff.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The good ones you'll never find online. Few people have it here. Have recommendations but won't be posting it publicly.
Care to share some info I'm my pm's? I'm out of contract with sky now and I'd love that money to stay mostly in my pocket for a change but I need something that the wife can get working while I'm at work, so nice and easy then😂.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My mate had the full sky package & was asked to pay nearly £150.
Instead of playing the usual games he cancelled the lot apart from BB.
Smoke & mirrors but he BT someone £50 & then sent off a 4K fire stick to a PO Box, a few days later the stick returned & he has everything including all the BT sports etc.
Seriously considering ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Smoke & mirrors but he BT someone £50 & then sent off a 4K fire stick to a PO Box, a few days later the stick returned & he has everything including all the BT sports etc.
Seriously considering ?
Shouldn't have to send it away if you can even work a TV remote. I suppose some wouldn't be bothered by faffing just get someone else to do it.

It's going to have to stop eventually because it's so good and costs so little, the big guys are going to have to clamp down. Even the Netflix sub my guys offer is flawless. I pay for the genuine one as we have like 5 users but it was perfect.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
The one I use you just have to download an app, I haven’t had sky/virgin for 3/4 years now.
Only thing I miss is not being able to record stuff.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Seriously considering ?
Absolutely can do, but no need to send stuff away, always configure your own stuff! I takes 10 minutes maximum. If you need assistance can help recommending places.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Whos ready for some good testings on all services.
Will show the good, the bad and the ugly.

Just be aware, it is the first weekend, blocks (isp and court rulings) are still unknowns at present. Just remember this, cheap services (sub £30) please prepare to VPN up!!

Last edited:
Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ha

I've got two IPTV subs and Fubo Canada with VPN for football!!

🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Last night was interesting. Two major services dropped at around 8.02pm and 8.05 both back up by 8.10 but those were squeaky bum times for those.

Today is a major test and is an unknown day for blocks etc so be prepared get on early and hope for the best.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i pay £12 a month for an Evolution build, probably expensive to what some are paying, but it hardly ever goes off, the guy comes back to you straight away if you have any problems, and i get literally everything, including all the pay per view.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Few services went down over weekend. One didn't even recover and its since "shut the doors", was a cheap one so no loss to anyone.

Hows it all going for people? Few fights on soon should be good to see performances.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just get the 4k one not the 4k Max. Think only difference is the WiFi 6 support and better remote?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
In typical CS fashion after doing a bit of reading up i think i am just going to order a new Android box they seem quicker and work out cheaper.

Cheers anyway.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
In typical CS fashion after doing a bit of reading up i think i am just going to order a new Android box they seem quicker and work out cheaper.

Cheers anyway.

How much are they?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
You can get the lastest Android 12 version for about 40 quid, but they seem to run much better specs than a Firestick.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Looks decent that does.
Just the base capacity model would do too I assume?
Think it depends what you want to use it for mate, i just use mine to run my IPTV mate, don't use it for anything else, but it's a few years old now and really laggy so fancy a new one.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Think it depends what you want to use it for mate, i just use mine to run my IPTV mate, don't use it for anything else, but it's a few years old now and really laggy so fancy a new one.
Your link
RAM -2GB
Processor - Quad-Core 1.5GHz
Storage - 16GB

Firestick 4K Max
RAM - 2GB
Processor - Quad-Core 1.8 GHz
Storage - 8GB

Just for info.

Just be warned some older apps dont work on android 12 and above at moment.

Again here for questions :)

Last edited:

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Your link
RAM -2GB
Processor - Quad-Core 1.5GHz
Storage - 16GB

Firestick 4K Max
RAM - 2GB
Processor - Quad-Core 1.8 GHz
Storage - 8GB

Just for info.

Just be warned some older apps dont work on android 12 and above at moment.

Again here for questions :)

Yes i ended up getting the T95Z plus which is a bit quicker for £30, so quite a bit cheaper than the firestick, also easier to run my android build from and any other android apps i want.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Whats the RAM and Processor difference on the 4K compared to the Max?
Processor - Quad-Core 1.7 GHz - MediaTek MT8695
RAM - 1.5GB

4k Max
Processor - Quad-Core 1.8 GHz - MediaTek MT8696
RAM - 2GB

However, other hardware has a say in this, not just core processing and ram. there is GPU upgrades too and other features the max has the standard 4k didnt.
Just saying for £5 extra and if considering a stick, silly not too.