ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Processor - Quad-Core 1.7 GHz - MediaTek MT8695
RAM - 1.5GB

4k Max
Processor - Quad-Core 1.8 GHz - MediaTek MT8696
RAM - 2GB

However, other hardware has a say in this, not just core processing and ram. there is GPU upgrades too and other features the max has the standard 4k didnt.
Just saying for £5 extra and if considering a stick, silly not too.

That's interesting then

I was just led to believe it was just that it supports WiFi 6

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Anybody able to PM me some IPTV recommendations please? It’s a proper minefield using google and Reddit knowing who’s scamming and who’s not.

I’ve just sacked off Sky because everything just went way too expensive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I pay 58 a month with sky and looking into getting a fire stick. Best they could lower our bit to 41 a month. I’m still going to grab a stick as we pay for Netflix etc at another £35 on top so it’s a great saving.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I pay 58 a month with sky and looking into getting a fire stick. Best they could lower our bit to 41 a month. I’m still going to grab a stick as we pay for Netflix etc at another £35 on top so it’s a great saving.
Best they could do with me is raise their prices.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Wee update.
Some new devices appeared at the amazon event.

2023-2nd-gen-Fire-TV-Stick-4K-and-4K-Max.jpg

Fire TV Stick 4K (2nd Gen)
"The second-generation Fire TV Stick 4K is under £60 and has support for Wi-Fi 6. It also has an updated 1.7 GHZ quad-core processor, making it nearly 30% more powerful than the previous version."
2 GB RAM
8 GB Storage (same as existing 4k)
802.11ax WiFi 6
Android 11 (Fire OS 8)

Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen)
For the first time, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max (£69.99) will feature the Fire TV Ambient Experience — so when users aren’t streaming, they’ll get an Alexa-powered smart display on their TV. The device also features an upgraded 2.0 GHz quad-core processor.
2 GB Ram (same as existing 4k max)
16GB Storage
WiFi 6E
Android 11 (Fire OS 8)

New Remotes for the above
Fire-TV-Alexa-Remotes-2023.jpg

Including a new Fire TV Soundbar
Fire-TV-Soundbar-2023.jpg

The Fire TV Soundbar produces just 2.0 stereo sound and achieves surround sound-like audio through DTS Virtual:X, as well as Dolby Audio support.
Contains no Fire TV smartness, no Alexa, instead is a standard soundbar but it has an auto detect function to connect to FireTV devices.
Bit odd but oh well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got a bargain on a previous gen Max, don't think I need the new one but will see how this one goes once I get it set up.

@rctempire out of curiosity, to get the best picture/experience would you suggest putting all the apps on the 4k max, like iplayer/disney/netlfix and using that as the "hub" instead of the TV os on my samsung?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Got a bargain on a previous gen Max, don't think I need the new one but will see how this one goes once I get it set up.

@rctempire out of curiosity, to get the best picture/experience would you suggest putting all the apps on the 4k max, like iplayer/disney/netlfix and using that as the "hub" instead of the TV os on my samsung?
Previous Max will do fine. Just sadly the 8GB storage is a bit limiting especially with the OS. But its a good improvement and if integrated properly full 4k
I would personally as the stick has more CPU and such than the TV for sure.
Especially if you use the 4k side of it. The Tv should be fine, but never know could be a better picture.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, i'm going to streamline everything once it arrives as I had the muddle. My tech needs to be clean. It's why no one gets to use my ipad! :ROFLMAO: Can't have the mess!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I find my latest LG’s built in apps run better than the same apps on my 4K Firestick.

However, my older LG C8 is a bit more “hitchy”. I really only use my Firestick for my IPTV.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I really rate the Nvidia shield sadly I don't really use it to it's potential but Syncler runs flawlessly on it and has no issues playing a 30gb 4k film with the ethernet connection.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I find my latest LG’s built in apps run better than the same apps on my 4K Firestick.

However, my older LG C8 is a bit more “hitchy”. I really only use my Firestick for my IPTV.

I use the built in apps on my Samsung over the firestick too
Feel it's more responsive. My Samsung isn't old as such either

997.1, Caddy, e208
To use eye pee tee vee on an application on your TV directly, usually you require the hostname (DNS) or IP address of your eye pee tee vee service.

They tend not to give these out, for obvious reasons, which is why you have it usually packaged inside an .apk already (smarters or summat), for use on an android device, like a firestick

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ohhhhh.
Ye I don't do that.
That's done on a firestick.

I meant apps such as Netflix, Disney etc, I use the ones built into the TV over the Netflix and Disney that is on the firestick

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Ohhhhh.
Ye I don't do that.
That's done on a firestick.

I meant apps such as Netflix, Disney etc, I use the ones built into the TV over the Netflix and Disney that is on the firestick
There are some suppliers who will give to the "dns" or server address. But issues are all tvs are made different and when ram is needed, tvs really are lacking. So if expected try a service, if its good then excellent. If its poor, maybe time to swap to a dedicated device for it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Anywhere I can buy the latest fire stick with all the apps I might need?

Alot of sellers got busted a while back, some ended up in court. Buying a regular stick or Android box and setting it up yourself is pretty easy.
Finding who's operating the decent streams is more tricky, generally paid ones are better quality/more stable.

Does anyone know who's good now?

997.1, Caddy, e208
They're on sale now, although my mate is on his 7th new gen firestick where all previous ones got stuck in a bootloop

If someone wanted a service they are welcome to pm me.