ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Modern family keeps spazzing put for me. I hace Genesis and zeus. No idea. Some films can just stop half way too. Way over my head

I find using a medium quality source rather than a HQ one helps. Most of the time the quality is just the same as the ones labeled HQ but without the buffering.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ah ok will give that's blast cheers. Would've thought this new super duper bt infinity would be able to handle it! Not massively impressed with the bt pack but never mind

Ah ok will give that's blast cheers. Would've thought this new super duper bt infinity would be able to handle it! Not massively impressed with the bt pack but never mind

I don't think it's anything to do with your internet, more to do with certain sources playing up.

If I'm ever watching a film I stay clear of the Movifarsi sources as they seem to be buggy as hell.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ah ok cool. Most films seem to be ok so not terrible. Buy cheap......

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The sticks are £25 from Tesco today, for anyone that hasn't seen the Black Friday thread. Bought one to give to my sister and her husband for Christmas, 5-7 days delivery.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can you use them like Chrome cast to cast things from your phone?

Can you use them like Chrome cast to cast things from your phone?

Yup, it's called mirroring. This guy shows you how to do it whilst relieving himself at the same time it seems. Piece of piss...

I ordered one for my parents through Tesco this morning and didn't realise I had clubcard vouchers still valid so got it for £19.50. Cheers @MarcJP

Yes you can, more and more apps are supporting the firetv now. The main ones work but some more obscure ones won't. They've only brought it out for non fireOS devices relatively recently
What do you guys use, I've only done it with the YouTube app so far?

Edit did it using the vid a few posts above, though what's the point in it lol?
I can't watch videos with it in portrait mode?

Edit again. Wow it goes full screen when you watch a video lol

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Been offered one of these plus a tenner to get every channel etc. Worth ditching sky, I know nothing about these tbh

Unless you like watching sports in proper HD, then it makes movies and sports from Sky redundant imo. I cancelled them both not long after I set my stick up.

A guy at my work pays a monthly subscription of £17 for an add-on to get every channel plus the premium ones in HD. It also uses two servers so is very reliable. So he says.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What will be the crack with these sticks and the new Clarkson/May/Hammond program?

Do you pay a subscription for these sticks (Sorry I know nothing)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
No way I'd ditch Sky with mine.

@Advikaz to watch Amazon Prime content (i.e Top Gear v3) you need to subscribe (included in your Amazon Prime subs, or its £5.99 /month IIRC. To use the apps we're talking about (Kodi etc) you don't need a subscription, I believe.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Finally got round to filming my FireTV Stick review! For anyone on the fence about buying one of these, I hope this helps.

Also, the video description includes a few links on how to install Kodi!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It seems like a bit of a gimmick to me, don't really watch much TV so cant really see the point.

Although for the price can't go too wrong that said films not working half way through etc would piss me right off.

535d / t5 caravelle
Just got a fire tv, loaded it up with Kodi, so far I'm impressed, very easy to use, 100 times easier than my ouya which I have just got rid of thank god, I reckon the Mrs will be ok using this no problem, had no chance with the ouya.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Not Fire TV, but just gone from a Pi to a Pi 2 and it's so much better, just as quick as when I run Kodi on my MacBook now. The original Pi worked, but loading menus etc was long, and then if you wait 30 seconds for a stream to load and it doesn't work, and then the next one, you wait another 30 seconds and it doesn't buffer, those loading times are gone on Pi 2.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What do people watch sky sports on with these kodi amazon sticks? I've got zeus, gorilla, turks and some VW thing and Genesis.

Genesis is ok for films but the others are about as much use as a chocolate teapot and can't get the footie on at all!!

Volvo S60 T5
Got one a while ago and happy with it now I've sorted the buffering issues.
Installed the Hasham.com pack plus a few other bits. Real easy to do once you have watched a couple of youtube video guides.
Just done one for my Dad he loves it.
Good for films and TV series but live sport is really hit and miss.
Better than the free view I had☺

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Eventually found a stream on sport devil or something. Seems ok so far, not HD but good enough

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Phoenix and SportsDevil are best I've found for sport. I tend to go to Phoenix first, it usually has the better quality streams, SportsDevil is a good back up, it gets sources from frontrowsport and atdhe etc.

You won't normally get TV channel streams in the best quality, but any major events like football matches etc you can normally get individually in 720p.

Honda. Tesla Someday
If you reviewed these things when they came out, rather than... I have no idea just how long after, you'd be getting far better viewing figures!

I totally agree, but due to working commitments I can only do YouTube in my spare time + because I wish to make my videos to a high standard (in my opinion) it does take a lot of doing. Thank you for watching though and I appreciate the comment, totally true!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Love black box, current build has IPTV stalker fully working too.

The only thing that pisses me off is on genesis tv streams when dizilab disappears there is nothing else that can touch it in terms of quality.

I use the encore premium version of The Beast build, highly recommend it. I've heard it's similar to the Black Box although I've never used it myself. I'm in two minds whether to fresh start and try black box just to try it.

Has anyone used both and got a comparison between the two? Worth the hassle?

535d / t5 caravelle
Is this black box thing working? I can't seem to find a link that works to install it?