ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
just ordered one of these from that guy in the other post, hope its good! havent a clue how to use it or what not haha

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I did one of these yesterday via the TV only (no computer) and loaded the beast, found plenty of films etc but not much in the way of footy.
Which apps on the blackbox has the footy on.
I must say they are not that "user friendly " tho....

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered my Fire TV Stick today, should be here tomorrow. Hopefully going to get Kodi installed on it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
@Gavin.

Sorry mate, you probably don't want to be my AFTV Support - but just to clarify, I plug my stick into my TV, and download these apps on my laptop, and they'll install wirelessly?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
@Gavin.

Sorry mate, you probably don't want to be my AFTV Support - but just to clarify, I plug my stick into my TV, and download these apps on my laptop, and they'll install wirelessly?

You only need to install the software to install them wirelessly on your laptop Marc, I use the adbfire program. The others (Kodi and firestarter) you just need the .apk file and use abdfire to install it remotely

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Still rocking my FireTV. Haven't bothered with any of the other stuff like FireStarter or TheBlackBox. I just have a generic install of Kodi on use Genesis for watching stuff.

I like that they are bringing cast in for all devices too so slowly more and more apps and devices are allowing you to cast to your FireTV or stick. Also got my sister a FireTV shortly after release, then brother a FireTV Stick and several other of the sticks for people.

Superb bit of kit and glad I got one, can't believe it was over a year ago I got it tbh!

2007 clio dynamique
For anyone interested the projectcypher add-on for kodi has both sky sports and movies which all work at the minute

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
If I buy the stick for £30 or whatever it is, will I be able to watch the new series of top gear without paying a subscription ?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If I buy the stick for £30 or whatever it is, will I be able to watch the new series of top gear without paying a subscription ?
Technically yes. No you won't be able to play it through the default Amazon FireTV OS and Prime app, but you will be able to get it shortly after release on Kodi through one of the apps on there like Genesis.

White APE
Need some help.

Finally got internet working in the new place. Going into Ivue but every time I choose a channel I get and IPTV stalker authorisation fail on everything

Help please!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
You running theblackbox? If so update to the latest version, if it is that latest scroll across to maintenance>clear cache and then try ivue again.

If you're not on theblackbox it's a pain in the rear to find a working mac address

White APE
You running theblackbox? If so update to the latest version, if it is that latest scroll across to maintenance>clear cache and then try ivue again.

If you're not on theblackbox it's a pain in the rear to find a working mac address

No I installed kodi as per the original vid. It's been sat unused for a few weeks.

Black box better than kodi?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Theblackbox is just a massive variety of addons built into a package, it's just updated weekly so it's helpful as someone else clears out all the s**t that doesn't work and adds new stuff that does, all you have to do is update it once a week. It's worth a look at.

iVue was using IPTV Stalker original and that went subscription only, hence authorisation failed.

Instructions in links:

BMW 330ci
Got mine on Saturday !! I'm really impressed ! I was using a few sites on my phone for videos and air playing them on my Apple TV. But sometimes the sites wouldn't work properly or would buffer all the time. Watched a few films and all work great, also watched the football tonight on it and didn't buffer for me was great. I really am happy I got this and would recommend one to anybody and it's easy to install Kodi and black box.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Fire stick, and have just bought a Fire TV for the lounge. Going to do away with Netflix, and then remove BT TV when the contract is up.

I've found Blackbox really reliable and easy to set up.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay, so I managed to install Kodi on to my FireTV Stick. However, I have no idea how to install theblackbox, or projectcypher, or indeed anything on to it. The stick is plugged in to my TV, the video tutorial for theblackbox seems to show it being installed whilst directly connected to a PC...

Help!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
anyone seen the starwars build? its mint!

He seems to have a lot of problems with the stalker IPTV credentials.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
im about to do the blackbox install, care to share the bit that was wrong?
Yeah - on the site @Gavin. posted for theblackbox, there's a URL link for the .zip file - type that in, NOT the URL the guy types in on the video tutorial. Follow the instructions otherwise and it's fine.

172 cup
Iptv is down as they piggyback of it an it's a paid subscription I've sold over 150 of these sticks there brilliant use woody in the sports tab to access the football etc