ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

How do you fix the iptv stalker/ivue? Do I need to get a new link?

Anyone else's sportdevil also not working, firstrowsports etc?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
What, so theblackbox won't work now? I haven't used it today, I watched a movie on it yesterday (Ted 2, it was jumpy as hell, not sure if that's going to be widespread or not...!) so haven't seen if it's working today?

Only thing working for me at the minute is genesis.

This is what I hate about these things always updating, adding new add-ons, repos etc etc

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't expect it to be fault free it never will be, re the jumping movies, if it was on Genesis just select another source, some are better than others.

As far as iptv stalker/iVue goes, as said, it's bunny hopping off a paid service using a MAC address as authentification, it works for a few days and then that MAC address gets blocked as thousands are using the same one, the update fixes it and then it'll last for a few days before going down again.

The latest fix, go to wizard> install>install custom build, it works as im watching Sky movies now. If you get authorisation failed go to maintenance>clear cache and try again.

There will be another update on Saturday most likely to fix the same issue

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I've used it a bit more. Have to say I'm disappointed, the streams all see to be jumpy as hell, and they advertise movies despite having no streams available.

I know it's free, so can't complain too much, but I'm not overly impressed with it so far!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've spent this afternoon installing kodi and blackbox onto my raspberry pi. I managed to get skysports to eventually play after f**king about for ages, and it was unwatchable.

I'll just pay sky/virgin etc. Its easier

White APE
Mine as working fine yesterday on black box. Watched rogue nation, then Ant man then Leon. All played fined.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah live streaming isn't something I bother with. I rarely watch movies on it all that much either, I use Netflix and Amazon Prime Video for that. I pretty much use it to watch US TV shows we have no access to over here or I'll watch something I forgot to record on my Sky HD box on it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've found Genesis to be utter tripe really! I've only used live streaming for the first 30 mins of the football earlier, it was okay. Everything else has been dogshit!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Have you rebooted the stick? I find mine starts stuttering after a few days. Rebooting always stops it. I have no issues really but I only use the live streaming and genesis, I rarely go in anything else.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, I wouldn't know how to reboot it - I'm a tech noob. I have noticed that when I start up the stick, it is bloody slow.

2007 clio dynamique
I'm finding at the minute that kodi / the black box seems to work much better on a windows PC than on the firetv stick or the android boxes you can get

Genesis is the only good thing for me it's spot on for TV shows.

Any good repos to install for live streaming of sports?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Genesis is great for TV series.

Phoenix is best for sport, but you have to cycle through streams to find good ones sometimes. Sports Devil is useful too, not normally as high quality streams, but a good place to go if the best streams are all buffering from over-demand.

I watched the Chelsea game earlier in 720p without a single moment of buffering. Generally sport will rely on the demand for the match and the quality of the host. Lots of people are cottoning on to this watching free football online thing and it means the hosts can't handle the amount of streamers, so you get buffering. When I watched Liverpool last weekend, I had quite a lot of buffering, it was annoying - but it's free so can't complain, and often games that wouldn't be available on TV anyway.

What I can't work out with Kodi is even if you edit the advanced buffer settings in the .xml file, you still can't get live streaming to behave in a logical way - I'm happy to watch the stream a few minutes behind live if it means my buffer never runs out and I don't get any stoppages, but Kodi always seems to want to jump back to live when it gets behind, no matter what you do with the buffer settings. This is problem I never used to have when using AceStream as a separate application before Kodi came along.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nah, I wouldn't know how to reboot it - I'm a tech noob. I have noticed that when I start up the stick, it is bloody slow.

Hold play and the middle select button for 5 secs and it will restart.

I have noticed when I use it Mums (5mb broadband) it's rubbish. But when I'm on mine which is 80ish it works perfectly.

I've had no problems with the football on blackbox, I normally stick the foreign ones on with the radio on for commentary.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
He updated the customs build last night, thats working again for live tv at the minute, or it was when I tried last night.
Do you have to download kodi again to update it? Or is there a quicker way. I use the beast.
Cheers

Kawasaki ER6N
For sports I use this site.
http://offsidestreams.com/site/
The link to get the repo is below I believe but will have to confirm.
https://superrepo.org/get-started/
Yes it is not free but gives you pretty much every major sporting event that is on including PPV. It also has movies as well as normal TV.
There is a guide that is updated weekly that gives you all the games and what stream they are on.

***Sunday 8th November***
[06:00]__ Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix - BT Sport 1__
[08:00]__ Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory - BT Sport 1__
[11:30]__ Torino v Inter Milan - Arena Sport 4, beIN Sports USA, BT Sport Europe__
[11:30]__ PSV Eindhoven v Utrecht - Sky Sports 3__
[12:00]__ Didcot Town v Exeter City - BT Sport 1, Astro SuperSport 3, SportsNet World__
[13:30]__ Aston Villa v Man City - Sky Sports 1, CTH Stadium 5, TSN 4, TSN 5, NBC Sports__
[14:00]__ Roma v Lazio - Arena Sport 4, beIN Sports USA, BT Sport Europe__
[14:00]__ Empoli v Juventus - Setanta Ireland__
[14:30]__ Dortmund v Schalke 04 - ESPN UK, Fox Sports 1, SportsNet World__
[15:00]__ Barcelona v Villarreal - Sky Sports 3, beIN Sports USA__
[15:30]__ Ross County v Celtic - BT Sport 2__
[16:00]__ Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur - Sky Sports 1, Astro SuperSport 1, CTH Stadium 3, TSN 4, TSN 5, NBC Sports__
[16:00]__ Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Astro SuperSport 2, CTH Stadium 2, SportsNet Ontario__
[16:30]__ Augsburg v Werder Bremen - BT Sport Europe, Fox Sports 2, SportsNet World__
[17:00]__ Napoli v Udinese - Arena Sport 4, beIN Sports USA, ESPN UK, Setanta Ireland__
[17:15]__ Atletico Madrid v Sporting Gijon - Sky Sports 3__
[19:30]__ Sevilla v Real Madrid - Sky Sports 3, Astro SuperSport 3, beIN Sports USA__
[19:45]__ Sampdoria v Fiorentina - Arena Sport 4, BT Sport Europe__
[20:00]__ New York Red Bull v DC United - Sky Sports 5, ESPN US__
[22:00]__ Columbus Crew v Montreal Impact - Sky Sports 5, TSN 1__

For £11 per month it gives me all the 3pm kick offs in the BPL and for that it is worth it's weight in gold. Yes sometimes a stream goes down but most streams are on 2-3 channels so just watch another one.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I really wanted a good way to watch the football/boxing but this looks far too much effort and unreliable.
It's actually not. I'm a bit of a technophobe with stuff that's new to me, and I managed to set one up. Once I got the hang of it, it's great - the streams I've watched for football have been spot on.

Kawasaki ER6N
Offside streams is 95% perfect for me to watch sport so much so my dad wants a stick doing so he can cancel sky sports.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking of getting a android tv box and doing this to it myself, can it be done to those easly? and is it worth it as i read you're all haveing issues with it all?
My issues were with the streams, and getting used to using the stick (bear in mind I've exclusively used Sky Tv for my viewing needs up until now!). Now I've gotten my head round those, it's fine. Okay, it's not going to be as reliable, or as simple as Sky / Virgin etc, but considering it's all free, it's fantastic.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I love it when it works, but its frustrating when you really want to watch something and the streams stop working. Then you have to go through the process of updating and trying different blackbox builds in order to get it to work. Still can't complain for free I suppose.

It's actually not. I'm a bit of a technophobe with stuff that's new to me, and I managed to set one up. Once I got the hang of it, it's great - the streams I've watched for football have been spot on.
I'm pretty similar in that i'm a technophobe.
What have you got and how long did it take you to set it up and get used to it?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty similar in that i'm a technophobe.
What have you got and how long did it take you to set it up and get used to it?
I have the FireTV Stick, and use Kodi along with TheBlackBox. I followed Gavin's instructions on this thread (the previous page IIRC) and it took 10-15 mins to set up. After about an hour of playing with it, I was 100% confident with it. Even my wife can use it now, and she usually breaks everything she touches.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Subscribed! I'm after a hassle free box to watch modern family and other box sets for Mrs and films in HD for me

BMW 330ci
Has anybody else's black box stopped working ? Now says I need to signup and pay ? How can I get it back without obviously paying ?