ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, any one using one of these?

I bought one a while back as they were on offer at £25.00. A few hack add ons, and I get every single sky channel, as well as the ability to stream all movies, brand new ones too. Sat watching Ted 2 this evening.

Highly recommend one.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, any one using one of these?

I bought one a while back as they were on offer at £25.00. A few hack add ons, and I get every single sky channel, as well as the ability to stream all movies, brand new ones too. Sat watching Ted 2 this evening.

Highly recommend one.
Through XBMC I assume? Which I've always found to be utter cack. It's terrible, oh I'll watch sky sports 1, 800 streams later and you have one that doesn't look like a 1998 pirate film..

If it's something different I'm all ears.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone good come along in the streaming football game since Bloodzeed tried to start making people pay to watch his streams? He used to be the don, 2000kbps streams for free.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
These are on offer today for Prime members at £19.99 so I've just ordered one. Can you set up the ADB add on stuff from a MacBook Pro?

In thier normal form they turn a normal TV into a smart TV allowing you to access things like Netflix.

For £19 on Amazon I'm giving it a go just for that Kodi thing, I've already got a smart TV and as Rob mentioned above I've tried the XBMC route and it was terrible.

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
These are on offer today for Prime members at £19.99 so I've just ordered one. Can you set up the ADB add on stuff from a MacBook Pro?

Pretty sure you can do it from a Mac, but I am on windows. Failing that, just lend a windows laptop for an hour

BMW M4; S1000 RR
In thier normal form they turn a normal TV into a smart TV allowing you to access things like Netflix.

For £19 on Amazon I'm giving it a go just for that Kodi thing, I've already got a smart TV and as Rob mentioned above I've tried the XBMC route and it was terrible.
Kodi is XBMC dude.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
They were £19 yesterday for Prime members, back to £35 now. I've got one setup on the TV upstairs as per the video in this thread and it works well, the quality of some of the films just isn't watchable though. I ordered another one for £19 arriving today for the TV downstairs.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Kodi is an amazing media centre. If you install Ivue you get all live streams for all channels including sports etc.. with a really sleek interface.

Don't understand what is not to like?

I prefer to use a raspberry pi 2, due to a wired network port plus a better processor with more memory. If you wanted an all in one type box with a remote etc and even better specs.. i would consider a vero from OSMC.

Last edited:
Kodi is an amazing media centre. If you install Ivue you get all live streams for all channels including sports etc.. with a really sleek interface.

I prefer to use a raspberry pi 2, due to a wired network port plus a better processor with more memory. If you wanted an all in one type box with a remote etc.. i would consider a vero from OSMC.

Ive never used Kodi so can't comment but I have one of those Andriod TV boxes with XMBC loaded onto it and it's a pain in the arse tbh.

I'll get the Kodi attachment if I can figure it out and compare the 2.

Mind you if you have an android phone you can download Kodi from the store. How it looks on my phone and FTV -

19741587245_5eb5bfbb7a_k.png
Screenshot_2015-07-16-10-28-51 by Tom White, on Flickr

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I prefer to use a raspberry pi 2, due to a wired network port plus a better processor with more memory. If you wanted an all in one type box with a remote etc and even better specs.. i would consider a vero from OSMC.
It's better than PS3 media server, but that's not saying much.

Plex is the best one I've used. By far.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've done 5 of these, two for my house and the rest for family/friends. Fancy trying out the latest kodi on one of mine instead of the tvmc.

Probably the best £50 I've spent in a good while and am considering cancelling sky when I'm out of contract next month.

I've done 5 of these, two for my house and the rest for family/friends. Fancy trying out the latest kodi on one of mine instead of the tvmc.

Probably the best £50 I've spent in a good while and am considering cancelling sky when I'm out of contract next month.
If you want free sky buy an openbox. My mate has one and it literally has every channel in HD. You even get the schedule like sky.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If you want free sky buy an openbox. My mate has one and it literally has every channel in HD. You even get the schedule like sky.

Looking into these, you have to connect to a sky aerial and manually sort the channels, however you do that?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looking into these, you have to connect to a sky aerial and manually sort the channels, however you do that?
Listening...

I have a Sky dish aerial behind my TV from the previous tenants. The building has shared dish I know that much... Any links you could send my way if they're not forum suitable?

I'll have to ask my mate. Pretty sure the one he bought was plug in and you are away. You do need a sky aerial though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They wouldn't let me sign up because I'd already trialled prime recently the poo heads....

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Openbox v8s and a subscription to decode the channels is what you want. There is a yearly cost but it's pence in comparison to what it should cost.

Techkings.org is a good starting point for info

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So I thought I'd give it a go.

Xmbc is still s**t. The TV thing is the only good bit, but even that goes down. People get so hyped on 'but it's free' yes, but it's f**king terrible.

I want to watch the rugby, turn on Xbmc and that TV app, oh it's not working at the moment... So I miss the rugby.

It's like a really s**t novelty to show your friends that you're up to date and cool as f**k, but the reality is when your mrs wants to watch the notebook or some s**t you spend 25 minutes trying to find an addon that it'll load with. In which time you could have downloaded a torrent and be watching it.

Great concept, but s**t due to its unreliability.

SQ5

Xmbc is still s**t. The TV thing is the only good bit, but even that goes down. People get so hyped on 'but it's free' yes, but it's f**king terrible.

I want to watch the rugby, turn on Xbmc and that TV app, oh it's not working at the moment... So I miss the rugby.

It's like a really s**t novelty to show your friends that you're up to date and cool as f**k, but the reality is when your mrs wants to watch the notebook or some s**t you spend 25 minutes trying to find an addon that it'll load with. In which time you could have downloaded a torrent and be watching it.

Thanks Rob, pretty much sums it up for me.

I'll keep my Sky for £40 p/m.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Can people please stop with Sky Aerial, it's a dish :wink:

I'm interested in this Open box though.

Dishes hold food and don't have holes in. Aerials pick up radio and television Frequencies :wink:

Last edited:

But that's nothing down to Xmbc but your s**t sources? xD