ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

DCi
I have a similar experience to Rob that I always found streaming a bit unreliable

Typically I wait for things to come out on DVD as its easy enough to get a quality copy at that point

The litmus test in my house is if the missus is happy use it then it passes...

What I have is a media PC under the tele running plex server - I specifically chose all components with no moving parts so it's silent

I also have a Apple TV and I installed an app called plex connect or TV connect (something like that)
What that does is redirect the trailers app on Apple TV to my plex server so the missus can watch whatever I download for her with an easy remote

I also have a big NAS not in the front room (noisy!) to store everything

Although that is probably a complicated way to do it- I have a PC in the living room so I can get a streaming website for the 3pm footy etc. it's on 24/7 so my torrent client picks up .tors from my Dropbox so I can stick them in any time and they are usually ready to go when I get home. I also pinch my dads sky password and I have BT broadband so I can get everything I want for no monthly cost :D

Out of interest I tried installing the letmewatchthis and ice film plug ins for Plex and there is no content - I honestly can't be arsed to fanny about and work out why so I'll stick with this

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Plex for me too. PC in the garage with 4tb of storage, hard wired gigabit connections all around the house. Samsung smart TV with plex app. Oh, and 152mbps Virgin media, downloading at 15 - 20MB per second is fun! Takes no longer than 15 minutes to locate and download whatever we want to watch.

I have multiple people using my server at any one time (friends and family etc) and it copes perfectly.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My Firestick was delivered today. What are the must have add ons to install?

Last edited:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, reading through this thread is confusing me - I'm a tech noob though, in fairness.

I have Sky right now, my contract is up though - what's all this about free Sky HD whilst using my current aerial/dish? How do I go about that?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So, reading through this thread is confusing me - I'm a tech noob though, in fairness.

I have Sky right now, my contract is up though - what's all this about free Sky HD whilst using my current aerial/dish? How do I go about that?
You want an "open box".

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Is streaming for free from whatever source you can find not the ultimate in pikey-ness?

I pay for s**t (Sky) then watch it when I want to which works just fine. To me that's how it's meant to work.

Is streaming for free from whatever source you can find not the ultimate in pikey-ness?

I pay for s**t (Sky) then watch it when I want to which works just fine. To me that's how it's meant to work.

Except for content you can't get in this country, and other things.

If it was more accessible then yeah I'd agree, but so much good stuff is US only, that even if it does come to the UK is a few years old!

White APE
Got one of these delivered yesterday. Spent a bit of time this afternoon following the video on the first page and got it all working.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I followed the video on the first page and I'm getting an error when trying to watch Sky Sports through the IPTV Stalker add-on. Worked perfectly up until today too.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
It's OK I tried out a different add-on that streams all of the sports channels in HD, it's in the recommended zip folder called Zeus.

stu12345

ClioSport Club Member
  EB e46 m3
i've had the fire stick for weeks now and all seems fine with addons but now ive just got my parents a fire tv ....... did the same process as with the stick , got ivue working then added genesis, showbox,ororotv and naxi x which all load up fine but the doesnt seem to be any content streams available ???? whats that all about ????

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Was working for me this morning, I did notice a load of 1080p streams missing though.

Does anyone know of a way i can watch bt sport for free? i have no idea what any of you are talking about, i just want to be able to watch the champions league without letting bt have their way with me.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Got my now tv box a couple of days ago, configured with plex to the subscription iptv channels. It's very good for £70 subscription fee. Pretty much every sky and by channel and ppv, 3pm kickoffs etc

Also configured my firestick with kodi for the tv upstairs which was pretty straight forward. I wonder how many people are actually aware these services are available.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Films and tv shows - Android + cartoon hd + chromecast = win win

Live tv/sport (allsky channels inc box office bt sport setanta lfcctv etc etc) openbox v8s = win win

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone else find Kodi infuriating at times?

Not so much the software (although it does have it's flaws) - it's the streams, so many don't work, and the ones that do work, you start watching them, and then they eventually stop buffering, so (for me anyway) I have to stop the stream, resume it from the same point, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't buffer again.

I guess I shouldn't complain because it's free, but it's just really annoying.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it can be. My iptv subscription is way ahead although you'd expect that from a paid service.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yeah it can be. My iptv subscription is way ahead although you'd expect that from a paid service.

How do you go about getting the iptv services? Already got a Rpi with xbmc (not kodi - not updated) and kodi on my sony tablet.