ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Mini Cooper S
I've added kodi and firestarter. When I try and load up anything from genesis it says waiting in the bottom right corner then nothing loads up is there a way around it or would I have to re install everything?

Impreza RB5 #054
Is there a way of having the kodi thumbnail on the main screen, instead of having to go into es file explorer and finding it?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Anyone having trouble with buffering ? Mines been rubbish last few days. Cleared the cashe also powr off update. I am using the beast

TV shows , game of thrones and walking dead

I'm guessing you're using Genesis for them? As said it's good but temperamental. I've noticed it the last few days too.

Try Phoenix, they both work great for me using that, no buffering.

@Nashy as above mate, put Phoenix on as well and you'll have better luck I'm sure. Loads of guides on YouTube.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My brother told me he's selling these 'chipped' for £90 yesterday.

The f**king idiot.

Mini Cooper S
I've tried a few different add ons now and not getting anything must of done something on the initial set up!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone help its actually doing my head in haha!

Really simply...

Go to System, File Manager, add source

in the address enter http://tbbwizard.co.uk/tbb

Press done, press done again

Go to system, settings, addons, install from zip file, go to the folder named tbb, click the link.

Once that's downloaded then go to programs, addons, TheBlackBox wizard or installer, whatever it's called, click on install latest build.

Once this is done it'll ask you to force stop it. Press the home button on your remote, go to settings, apps, manage installed application, find kodi, select force stop.

Then launch kodi and away you go.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I used mine last night, I've found its being really buggy now. I haven't updated the new BB repo, so I assume my build is outdated now and I'll need to enter the new source to get it going properly again?

Z4
I bought one yesterday for the kitchen TV.
Bloody good!

I've got a chromecast in my AV receiver in the lounge, mainly for Spotify & for casting Netflix from my Mac so I nearly went for another by default, but in the kitchen the lack of remote would 100% bother me.

I'm really pleased with it. The only thing I can't work out, how do I connect a bluetooth speaker?
I can see in settings you can pair a bluetooth controller, but it won't find other devices? i.e speakers.
Any help would be great, cheers.

Z4
On a side note, I totally second Robs views on Kodi etc.
Yes you can watch films earlier than you would be able to otherwise, but the quality is generally very poor 'oh but it says 1080p!!' and they're not user friendly. Personally, I'll pay a few quid for Netflix which albeit has shocking movie content, has genuinely brilliant quality streaming quality (4K, 7:1 Dolby) and isn't littered with thousands of broken links etc.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I used mine last night, I've found its being really buggy now. I haven't updated the new BB repo, so I assume my build is outdated now and I'll need to enter the new source to get it going properly again?
Not sure on yours but Genisis seems to be the main trouble, I use the Beast's and he says to use staal/tnpb/istream I used it last night and was fine on films and tv shows.Retried it on genesis and was sat there buffering.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I think with anything thats free you have to put up with low quality, we watch it on the 40" tv and its ok but no where good enough for my projector.
So anything I want to see at the cinema I don't watch and wait for BR discs.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've read today that Genesis is going premium nowadays, hence it being rubbish for everyone. Anyway, I'm going to try and get it sorted later on today, see if I can't sort it.

I use Sky, I have the full HD package so my Firestick is nothing more than an added extra for me, I also use Netflix so don't solely rely on it for content. I'd just like it to work...

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Genesis has gone south, it's very difficult to get a working stream, shame really but thats the way these things have always gone. It's free so I don't feel like I can complain, just find another working addon.