ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG Cherry Breaking - A45 content

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Would struggle to recommend BTD who did the detail. A lot of plastics left untreated, and didn’t do any of the interior. Also under the door handles hasn’t been polished, either. Car does look good, but it’s a 3 year old MB, not exactly difficult. 80% of the roof is glass...

If you want something doing properly...
Did you bring this up with them ?! And did you pay for interior to be done too...?

Evo 5 RS
Did you bring this up with them ?! And did you pay for interior to be done too...?

Don't see the point, if you can't get it done right first time. The correction is ok, but for a correction and detail and not address plastics. Also, the car hasn't been decontaminated very well, even the glass. Under the spoiler and around the rear number plate hasn't been touched, either.

Not a lot more to say, really. Shouldn't have to call anyone out on these things. Live and learn! Will likely take it to RNR instead in future. Comes down to attention to detail, can't fault the correction done on the car, though

Evo 5 RS
Actually the one thing that really annoyed me is the the fact they didn't address underneath the door handles. Will likely just tackle that myself with some resin.

Evo 5 RS
£500. It's not about the money, I'd rather not let them touch it again and keep the experience in mind, maybe leave an honest review to help others.

It's not the sort of thing you should need a second chance on if you can't get it right first time.

Evo 5 RS
So it was a half done, s**t job.. to which you paid full price for ?

Bravo.

Wasn't a s**t job, per say. Depends how much of the car you expect to be treated. I know there were two of them working on the car throughout the day, too. Should have had plenty of time to treat certain plastics, etc.

Would definitely go elsewhere next time, is the moral of the story.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Wasn't a s**t job, per say. Depends how much of the car you expect to be treated. I know there were two of them working on the car throughout the day, too. Should have had plenty of time to treat certain plastics, etc.

Would definitely go elsewhere next time, is the moral of the story.
Fair enough... Shame (n)

Evo 5 RS
Not washed the car since getting it back. Might wait another week to give the coating more time to cure. Covered just over 800 miles.

Evo 5 RS
Cars a hoot on the commute.

Curbed a wheel dodging some plank taking a blind corner too wide...Diamond Cut...

Bought a new wheel instead. Standard.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Literally the only thing id change if it was ever possible... the tablet dash. Other than that its lovely bud.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I'm not a fan, you can even see the rear of it when looking through the front of the car and it looks awkward. I wouldn't be arsed with the elongated one above, it's not much better if any. It's a shame as the rest of the cabin is ace.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Silent_Scone Yer you have a few different options. The upgraded one is 7 inch i believe, the android ones you get are 8 inch. The thing i like about them is that you still have all the OEM Mercedes features and then at a press of a button you go into the Android side and have all the modern features you need, but they have the menus in a Mercedes format and its all just straight plug and play. I have seem them for the E class as well so they are integrated and it looks good! It's a great way to get modern features, i don't think Mercedes Command was any good until they moved to NTG 5.5

Evo 5 RS
@Silent_Scone Yer you have a few different options. The upgraded one is 7 inch i believe, the android ones you get are 8 inch. The thing i like about them is that you still have all the OEM Mercedes features and then at a press of a button you go into the Android side and have all the modern features you need, but they have the menus in a Mercedes format and its all just straight plug and play. I have seem them for the E class as well so they are integrated and it looks good! It's a great way to get modern features, i don't think Mercedes Command was any good until they moved to NTG 5.5

TBH with Apple Play it gets the job done. I put YouTube music on and my phones linked up, that's all I really need. Command has enough to be intuitive without trying to be super trick. It's not as nice as the Audi Digi-dash, though.

Evo 5 RS
Think I might do something with the brakes. Not sure a big brake kit is really necessary, might try some better pads first. Or I could just slow down a bit, but not much fun in that.

It's not that they're lethal in OE form or anything, but a little more stopping power would be nice, please.

Evo 5 RS
Took the car down to Hastings for a couple nights. It’s an amazing point to point car, effortless to drive.

When it was just the two of us (me and chum) we discovered that with the entire three stage ESP off, it’s quite easy to engage in some oversteer when pressing on. In fact, the cars balance changes significantly. Not all boring after all...

I’m going to reset the transmission learning tomorrow. The car seems to have picked up some lethargic shift characteristics due to my commute to work.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I’m going to reset the transmission learning tomorrow. The car seems to have picked up some lethargic shift characteristics due to my commute to work.

You done this yet? Makes a hell of a difference. I tend to do it once a month now. Just make sure you drive it normally after a reset for the first 15 mins. Too quick or too slow and it messes it up.

Evo 5 RS
You done this yet? Makes a hell of a difference. I tend to do it once a month now. Just make sure you drive it normally after a reset for the first 15 mins. Too quick or too slow and it messes it up.

I have, but I'm boxed in on the drive so driving the beater till tomorrow. Hopefully you're right!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have, but I'm boxed in on the drive so driving the beater till tomorrow. Hopefully you're right!

Yeah makes a huge difference although drive it too quick after and it’ll annoyingly hold on to gears and too slow it’ll be lazy. A nice brisk drive and it’ll be the best of both worlds.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I spotted a yellow A35 one the other day, brand new with lots of glossy black plastic and tbf it looked really nice.

Nice alternative to a golf R with 300bhp.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah makes a huge difference although drive it too quick after and it’ll annoyingly hold on to gears and too slow it’ll be lazy. A nice brisk drive and it’ll be the best of both worlds.

Just took it out. Feels smoother if anything! If you mess it up, I guess you can simply reset again...I can get why they've gone with it, but it's not that helpful lol.

God it's fast...uncomfortably fast.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely motor mate I prefer the more subtle looks in this spec too. See a bunch at work and agree with the above comment about it being an excellent alternative to the Golf R.

Bit of a shame about the detail, £500 is quite a low price I guess but still if plastics etc was in the quote then they're skimping b******s for not doing it properly.

Evo 5 RS
Lovely motor mate I prefer the more subtle looks in this spec too. See a bunch at work and agree with the above comment about it being an excellent alternative to the Golf R.

Bit of a shame about the detail, £500 is quite a low price I guess but still if plastics etc was in the quote then they're skimping b******s for not doing it properly.

Yeah, I have mates and even work next to Britemax who could have gone over it for me, but I'm not one for "mates rates" as hate bad blood between friends. s**t happens, after all.

Live and learn, could be worse - just read Paul Dalton from Miracle Details story with tuning his RS3 lol. https://miracledetail.co.uk/category/qst/

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that's awful. Tuning is such a minefield after reading so many horror stories it definitely puts me off.