ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AN Hose as a Fuel Line

Renault Symbol
Hi, I want to install stainless steel braided hose and fittings to feed my fuel injectors reel and was wondering which would be the right AN hose size...
The reel inlet is 8.00 m.m. OD, I'm asuming the ID would be near 7.00 m.m., right?
The AN -4 hose ID is 7/32" (0.218") or 5.54 m.m.
The AN -6 hose ID is 11/32" (0.343") or 8.71 m.m.
As You can see, the AN -4 is 1.46 m.m. smaller ID vs the OEM line and the AN -6 is 1.71 m.m. bigger vs the OEM line, seems like AN -5 ( 1/4"- 0.250"-6.35 m.m.) would be closer but not a "commercial" size of hose and fittings.
Which size would you choose and why?
Thanks!

Cup In bits
I would just go for an-6 that's what I have for mine. I have seen an-8 and -10 used before. The only problem I think if you go too large would be if your fuel system was a return system as fitted to 172 phase 1's and the fuel pump might struggle to keep up.

Im not sure what fuel system the sysmbol came with, we don't get them here.

Renault Symbol
I would just go for an-6 that's what I have for mine. I have seen an-8 and -10 used before. The only problem I think if you go too large would be if your fuel system was a return system as fitted to 172 phase 1's and the fuel pump might struggle to keep up.

Im not sure what fuel system the sysmbol came with, we don't get them here.

Thanks for the reply....I don't know if my fuel system is a "return system", The injectors reel has no return line, maybe is at the fuel filter and the regulator at the pump inside the fuel tank?, is this a "return system"?

Is it possible to replace the fuel reel with one of those with the vaccum regulator on it and the return line from there?...I guess some late Clios use that one, right?

Regards

Cup In bits
I would just stick with what you've got tbh as it works, the later cars regulated pressure at the pump like you said.

The only thing you would need Is a fuel rail, I'm sure the Jenvey one would fit standard inlet or the cup racers used a billet one like this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/20120730111428.jpg/

Contact Martijn from here as he brakes cup racers all the time and probably has one. Also If your running lines internally I would suggest the Teflon hose as it dosent allow vapours through the hose.

Renault Symbol
I would just stick with what you've got tbh as it works, the later cars regulated pressure at the pump like you said.

The only thing you would need Is a fuel rail, I'm sure the Jenvey one would fit standard inlet or the cup racers used a billet one like this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/20120730111428.jpg/

Contact Martijn from here as he brakes cup racers all the time and probably has one. Also If your running lines internally I would suggest the Teflon hose as it dosent allow vapours through the hose.

Thank You very much!...Do You know where to get a brand new billet fuel reel like that?, Is the 2.00 amd 1.6 reel same shape, size ,etc?

Renault Symbol
Got the main fitting today, this is to connect the AN fitting ot the fuel reel, It is for 5/16" inlet, may need a slighty modification:
DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg