ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An update on Trophy # 008/500

Clio Trophy + GT3
So I'm hopefully close to getting my Trophy pretty well sorted having acquired it in April.

The front Sachs dampers were badly in need of a refurb, so Rentech took them out for me and fitted some loan dampers.
They also fitted the set of Mark Fish springs I'd bought.
The car drove miles better after that.

The Sachs dampers went off to Rik Perry to be fettled, but Rik didn't have time, so eventually they went to Cornering Force who refurbed & powder coated them. They should be at Rentech tomorrow / Thursday.

The stereo head unit (aftermarket) that was in the car, was swapped for a much better and less bling Kenwood DAB unit a few months ago.

I've given the exterior a good wash, claybar and Zymol waxed it.
I also cleaned up the silver seat belts. They are not perfect, but much less grubby than before.
I've even cleaned up quite a bit in the engine bay - just about a first for me.

The wheels have just been refurbed by ACC Alloy Wheel Refurbishment.

Whilst the wheels were off, I had a good look at the brakes. The RHF caliper had a seized piston so new pads were needed & the calipers were going to need a refurb. I've got some Ferodo DS2500 pads from George @ Road Race Track Parts to go in, but rather than refurb the calipers, Rentech are getting me an exchange pair from Renault for £84 + VAT each, which is probably less expensive the refurbishing.

Recently the alternator died and so did the battery. I got a new battery the weekend before last, when Euro Car Parts were having a sale.

So the car will be with Rentech next week to:-

Fit the Sachs front dampers.
Sort the front calipers & fit the new pads.
Brake fluid swap and fit the set of Goodridge braided hoses I bought from George @ Road Race Track Parts
Fit the 330mm OMP Targa wheel & boss I got a while ago.
Replace the alternator
Replace the dogbone mount

I don't even want to add all that lot up, but hardly a cheap ownership experience so far and I'm yet to be able to enjoy the car to it's full extent as not driven it with fully functional Sachs dampers. Needless to say I can't wait to get all the work done and go for a proper blast.

Items still on the "to do" list

Get the OE wheel re-trimmed by Snappy (will be kept in storage, so no hurry)
Get the (very) minor paintwork scuff to the rear bumper done.
and most importantly - Drive it much more than I have so far.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good plans. I've had a snappy wheel, and used Royal for retrims. For my money, royal are superior quality.