ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Best Apps Thread

koi

Audi S1
Been using Wave Secure for a while now, used to be free for Android. Doubt the person who stole it would return it though but at least you can wipe all your data off it and lock it down.

Flood-It and Traffic Jam are my games of choice just now

Nissan 370Z
Say on the htc desire...how do you actually download apps?
Anythings uyou should deffo do when you get it to save battery life?

Revels Mum & Sister
You can either dump the Apps on an SD card and used Astro File Manager or similar to install the APK file or there is a Marketplace with Apps on.

Golf GTi Mk2
It's essentialy the same as the iPhone app store, not quite as polished but perfectly useable. There will be a shortcut to it on the phones home screen.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Thought this might be of use to some to see all the games available on android:D.

[YOUTUBE]mn-XaaQXIxw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5LEjO9DGppo&playnext_from=TL&videos=GbAku1iUdhc[/YOUTUBE]

Nissan 370Z
nothing comes up..i assume i have to have the files on my pc? downloaded from like limewire then put onto htc?

Revels Mum & Sister
Dont need to do that. Plug in the USB cable and select the option for removable drive, then as has been said just drag and drop. It will auto mount and unmount.

I see the X10 will not get Android 2.1 until the end of Q4 this year OUCH ;)

Revels Mum & Sister
It is getting bigger and bigger. Do not forget that both markets contain a LOT of crap. There is not a lot an iPhone can do that the HTC Desire can do.

Dont need to do that. Plug in the USB cable and select the option for removable drive, then as has been said just drag and drop. It will auto mount and unmount.

if its anything like the Hero then thatll be Q4 of 2011

Mini Cooper S sport

Yeah, oh well!

ps, mine doesn't auto unmount.

182FF with cup packs
nothing comes up..i assume i have to have the files on my pc? downloaded from like limewire then put onto htc?

Or you could just rip your own CD's, or you can use the Amazon Music app to download them direct to your phone, or you could even use iTunes to download them and then just copy them over to your HTC.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I have an X10 and on it have:

Barcode Scanner - Scan bar-codes on things and find out the price through google, really useful for students to find the price of books etc
Contact2Sim - Copies all contacts too and from the sim to back them up, useful when you first get the phone and all contacts are on the sim card.
Draw - For pissing about with, just like paint but touch screen.
Formulas Lite - Just a load of algebraic formulae and the rearrangements of them (Useful for me doing engineering)
*Notepad* - Free p**n app that disguises itself as a notepad.
OI File Manager - For managing files, also makes it easy to open pics/videos and documents etc.
Periodic Table - Just what it says, but loads of other sciency stuff too.
Robo Defense - Dangerously addictive game
Smart Alarm Clock - App that monitors your sleep patterns to that you wake up at the end of a sleep cycle not in the middle of one.
Task Killer - Kill unused apps etc
The Free Dictionary - Used for finding out what abbreviations mean mainly, but is very useful.
Trapster - Yet to actually use, but apparently it is a network of users all relaying information to each other regarding police locations, speed camera, traffic jams etc.

I'm an engineer and its exam time :( will get some more 'fun' apps when I have some spare time :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Another good (free) one is Cardio Trainer. Uses GPS to tell you how many kilometres you've run/walked/cycled, shows where you've been on a map and how many calories you've burned.

I've also downloaded a compass, currency converter and the Poke A Mole and Pinball games amongst other things.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Just come across what seems a great app called AppBrain.
It lets you browse the whole market via your PC with all the reviews etc... Then you just select any apps you want and when you look on your phone they are all listed ready to download. It also lets you uninstall apps with your PC and you can list them in size order.
well worth looking at...

Also as above Super K.O. Boxing 2 is great:D

182FF with cup packs
This is a mental little game. http://www.androlib.com/android.application.net-peterd-zombierun-Fzm.aspx

It uses the GPS, you tell it where you need to go, and it spawns zombies on the map which you have to avoid.

My crazy mate played it on 28 days later mode on the way back from the gym. Got some very strange looks apparantly while absolutly cheesing it through Orpington looking at his phone jumping over walls and hedges to get away.

Oh, and annoyingly, beebplayer has ben discontinued and removed from the app store :-(

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Been using the GeoFun app today, it is an amazing app for those who GeoCache, does force close a bit but works really well when it's on.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi Mk2
Don't suppose you can direct link me to the modaco Rom, I used the villainrom 10 and would like to try the modaco one for comparison.

I have an issue with that smart alarm clock being you have to have it by your head the whole night. Brain tumor city.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Movies
Ringdroid
Notes

Just gotten Google Goggles havnt used it yet but sounds very good to use

What's the best MSN to use? I've just done a factory re-set on my G2 Touch and it's given me the 2.1 firmware update :cool: