ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANNOYING Head unit

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I put my Sony in when i bought the car and it works great!

BUT it dont slide all the way in, its like it wont go 100 the way in and stay there, it goes about 95% in and if i push it all the way in then it pushed out a bit again.

How can I get it to stay all the way in, its like theres 2 much cables behind it... but i aint got any extra cables in there apart from the adapter...

Any suggestions anyone? :)

Clio 182
i had the exact problem when i fitted my Alpine in my 182, what i did was remove the following :switch panel above the radio (just pulls out) and then the panel which houses the cigar lighter, this will then make it possible to remove the sloping panel below the heater controls. With these removed you can now get your hand up behind the radio whilst looking through the hazzard switch panel (which was removed first) and jiggle the wires out of the way. There is more room to the left of the radio to put the excess bulk of wires.

Hope this helps

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i had the exact problem when i fitted my Alpine in my 182, what i did was remove the following :switch panel above the radio (just pulls out) and then the panel which houses the cigar lighter, this will then make it possible to remove the sloping panel below the heater controls. With these removed you can now get your hand up behind the radio whilst looking through the hazzard switch panel (which was removed first) and jiggle the wires out of the way. There is more room to the left of the radio to put the excess bulk of wires.

Hope this helps

will second that, thats what i did when installing my pioneer headunit along with a load of rcas for my amp and steering control adapters

Clown Car
All i did when i fitted a Sony H/U was remove the switch panel above the H/U then pull the wiring up and over the top of the H/U while pushing it in carefully.