ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Things about your Clio??

a burnt one
this is intersting, mines only a 1.2 but its comforting to know that although i dont share the power with the 172/182 i got the same fricking problems.

had mine almost 1 year now

when i first drove the car in rain i almost failed to stop at a junction as i was too busy looking at the weird wipers going a wrong way (why? whats the point?)

the sunroof has rattled from day one, wether its open or closed

doorcards squeak

after driving to glasgow and back (2 hour trip) my back was in agony due to the unbelievably shite seats, not just the driving position but the whole fricking seat, to the point where it was painful to even lie down on my bed.
(not a 172/182 problem i beleive)

the build up of windscreen wash in between the wiper arms, very small thing but its distracting when cruising along a motorway seeing water dance merrily out the corner of youre eye.

the front seats go forward to easily, many a back seat passenger has almost succeding in pushing it through the windscreen while clambering into the back.

the rubber seals that leave huge smears on the outside of windows after they have been down

the fact the steering wheel tilts but doesnt actually tilt to a useful position

the storage bit at the side of the doors isnt big/wide enough to store my mandatory bottle of lucozade

basically the most annoying thing about my clio is...........

i own the fricking thing!!!:)

Megane Trophy
Gordon - the speedo is 100% spot on!

When my road angel is in the car the speedo reads EXACTLY the same untill 115 mph
thats bloody good!

The clutch is sharp and the revs drop soon which i love, the clio off the line is silly fast and i love that!

Clio 1.2 Expression
The odd rattles and knocks sort of bothered me at first. It's fine once you know its normal though it is a little unsettling when you first hear it.
I also dont like the way my car handles when I do a quick turn with full lock on.
The throttle is too sluggish when the engine is first started in the morning.
There isnt much room in the engine bay for access to the headlights so I end up cutting my hands to pieces every time I need to change a bulb.
Far too much glare on a bright and sunny day (I never had this problem in my old L reg Corsa).

I dont get what you guys mean about the wipers though?? Wrong way?? Can't say ive ever noticed that :S Though I have noticed the wiper blind spots and the lack of a lip at the top of the windshield means everytime you stop in the rain a big flood of water comes pooring down from the roof.

lol, gordon's just upset he didnt buy an american or aussie tank made out of cast iron that has a 47litre engine does 2mpg can outrun a 172/182 in a straight line but cant do corners. The clutch bit is laughable, learn some clutch control boy! I'd hate to see you drive a car with a heavy uprated or paddle clutch if you cant work one in a 172.

fastest passat in't world
Most annoying thing about my Clio is that the garage still have it as the Royal Mail lost all my docs for my reg plate!

I want my fricking clio....NOW

silver cup packed FF 182
with the full fat suspension on the 182 do you still get the knocking on full lock and sqeaky suspension or is that only on the non fullfat 172/182s?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
the thing i hat about mine is it is french, squeaks all over the place and is unreliable!

Clio 172 mk2
I find the most annoying thing about the Clio is all this auto guff like the rear wiper, lights and wipers....no need for that stuf at all.

Apart from that it's a good little car:D

406 passion wagon..
1.The crap steering wheel where the alacantra scratches enen if you catch your finger nail on it!
2. Fooking crappy immobiliser which has crapped out twice now.

Power and shocked looks on un-expecting drivers

Astra VXR 17/05/07
The only gripe i have, and it really pisses me off is the seatbelt. When i undo it, the thing does not retract properly and flops about. It works as it should in terms of retracting but for some reason it flops over causing it not tp retract.

If i remember and feed it in its ok but i don`t always remember.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
surprised no ones mentioned the washer jet extra wipe you get?

if you want to clear the windscreen its sprays and after letting go you get 3 or so wipes then about 5 - 10 secs later it wipes again WHY? its so f cuking annoying as it invariably streaks the windscreen again - stick that up your @rse!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
For me in the cup worse thing is its quicker than the Williams and i can not cope with the greif that comes that fact alone....:D

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
timsclio172 said:
the ratlles definately and the blooody seat belt warning beep drives me nuts

cut the wire and its no longer an issue

or

put the passenger seatbelt in the drivers holster

One thing that annoys me is that it's not a 172/182 or a vee lol

Seriously, the sunroof rattle/creak does my head in. Door panels keep falling off. Emissions light comes on and renault can't see it. The standard monster truck height. The center caps on my alloys just fall off. The dealer tried to charge me £90 for new brake pads that dont even need changing

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Squeaks and rattles, but mainly rapid clicking-type noises from the dashboard that come and go - must be to do with the aircon/heating expanding/contracting things - makes you want to take an axe to the dashboard then suddenly it stops, just after you've turned the CD player off to find where the hell the noise is coming from...

Meg on pistonheads £6995
the f**king Rattles

^ ^ love it - very profound

sunroof and suspension rattles, but hey....

.......there aint nothin' else that'll do a sub 10sec 0-60 (chipped) and 70mpg for 10K!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The way the drivers seat belt falls behind seat getting trapped between seat & door trim, yank yank yank............................
If you drop passenger seat for access to rear & don't put it upright the way it slides to & fro.

it has the gayest horn of any car!

the leak on the passenger door. makes the car smell like a dog has died in the boot after it rains heavy all night. thank god for the magic tree!

Astra VXR 17/05/07
timsclio172 said:
the ratlles definately and the blooody seat belt warning beep drives me nuts

How can the beep drive you mad ? It only beeps when you set off, by which time you should be wearing your belt ?

it lasts for 2 mins - for example - just going from a space in tesco to the petrol station i dont see the point in putin my belt on so it just beeps at me - dont go over 5mph coz of all the dodgy speed bumps

I have a 182, bought it brand new too!

things that annoy me-
my EPS, Service and ABS Light's come on alltogether all the time....
knocks and rattle of exhaust
doors not straight
window wipers on the wrong way
I had something missing out of my engine

Black 182 f&f
Is there any good points lol i am really glad now that i just got my clio about 6 weeks ago !

I hate the fact that black shows up the dirt an the dust an the turing circle is pants !

Mustang, S13, AX GT
GordonD said:
13. Trip computer that you can only reset to say you've filled up a minute after you start the engine. You have to either sit there looking stupid for a minute before you drive away, or reset it as you're driving down the road, which is dangerous.
If you push the button at the end of the wiper stalk it cycles through the trip computer :D
The things I hate about my clio are the annoying rattles, and the gas powered clutch that fires you're foot off of it, its fookin evil when its uphill and im trying to be carefull :mad:

Scirocco GT 210
GordonD said:
14. Pointless remote for radio/player on steering column, when your other hand is only a few centimetres away from the control on the dash.

:eek: That thing is amazing, I love it :approve:

I don't like:

Steering wheel - shouldn't be made of cheap leather and it's too big.

I don't have any rattles but have a VERY annoying squeak coming from the rear somewhere.... I'll find it one day!

I have a large chip in my windscreen - although this isn't the cars fault.

It's too slow.

Other than that, it's great :)

Clio 182
Hate the rattle and squeeks but mine seem to get better after 10 min of driving? theres this one squeek I just cant get rid off though.

Never had a problem the clutch. After driving over cars I find it quite stiff for the first 10 mins but its never a problem. I Actually like it.
Auto wipers can be annoying
A bit stuttery from cold, but I always drive it gently from cold anyway.
Seating position for me is great. I'm quite short so the higher seating possition suits me fine. I can actually see over the bonnet LOL. Weird thing is that I hate the passanger seating possition. It seems to be higher then the drivers side.
Never had a problem with the slippery pedels. Iv always found cheap plastic ones a lot worse. Especially in a corsa I used to own.

Clio 182
O year I hate the stearing wheel. My puma had a tiny stearing wheel. And I dont like the floppy gear change. The puma was sharp and quick.

R26
After just over 3 weeks of ownership:

> The rattle from the inside I can't find and dynamat!

> The wipers - what the hell is up with them?! I mean yeah, it's cool that they just come on, but it would be better if they came on when you needed them and not went nuts when you didn't! Not to mention they go the wrong way!

> The turning circle. When did it become ok to make a 3 point turn into a 30 point turn? Thinking about perfecting the handbrake turn - could save lots of effort.....

> The slight lip on the rear bumper where all the water collects after its been raining. Then it dries and leaves marks making it look like someone has poured coffee onto it!

Other than that (all of which I can live with) I love the thing! Always puts a smile on my face after every trip and women LOVE the alcantara..... :D