ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Very eagle eyed of you James! If you look between the wheels of the Clio you'll see the Lightboard with the nissan number plate on it which we were using but it fell down a short while after leaving.

I'm Hoping and praying that the Clio will be ready for Trax at Silverstone in September olly so if everyone could keep they're fingers crossed for us please!! LOL

Last edited:
  Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Just a sneaky peaky to keep interest :cool:

Picture005.jpg

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
We hadn't raelly planned to post on this for a while but this landed today which is just too gorgeous not to post!!! Another great product from Streamline Carbon, Cheers Bic and Mervyn.

06072008890.jpg

06072008889.jpg

06072008888.jpg

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
deeply sexual lol good work with the progress how far away from paint are we ? hope this is in wrks time

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
anyone who wants a spoiler there is still one available from the order of 5 we had to make to get them made ;)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Glad you all like!!

Wayne I hope to have the panelwork done by the end of the week so i can get it into the paintshop next week and hopefully have it painted by the following weekend. It is all done in works time but due to some people taking the mickey in the past it's on the books.:dapprove:

Philthy the section of quarter was taken from a non valer arch repair panel but it gave us the correct edges etc and looks spot on because it's only a small bit and has been reshaped a little.

Spoiler is indeed lush and if you could see it in person the reason for the price would become very clear. It's awesome quality

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well here it is the first of the mega big exciting updates as the car is now making it's way through the bodyshop for all the work we've been dying to get done since the hazy day i agreed to buy the questionable old french rocket in a pub beer garden.
To start off this is what we've been trying to ignore about the car all the time we've had it and to wasn't any better the other side!

Photo-0231.jpg

First of all Pete the panel beater at my work who to be honest is more of a panel magician than most i've met cut out the offending metal all the way back until there was only good steel left. To be honest we were very suprised to find there was pretty much only as much as you could see on the N/S but the O/S was a different story all together.:dead:

Photo-0232.jpg

Photo-0233.jpg

HPIM1108.jpg

HPIM1109.jpg

He then ground them back and began putting the new sections into the inner and outer quarter on both sides as the outer repairs were pretty small we were able to use non valver arch repair panels ot mend the outer's.

HPIM1097.jpg

HPIM1098.jpg

HPIM1099.jpg

HPIM1101.jpg

HPIM1119.jpg

Then with a nice thin skim of filler to iron out any panel imperfections the quarters were repaired and stunnig.

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1124.jpg

After that it was onto the sills which i thought were "a bit crispy".:dapprove:
I was wrong!
Pete set about these with his biggest hammer to show me what they were like and the inner and outers were both terrible:eek:
This however much it scared me didn't upset pete who dived straight in and made it all solid as a rock again.:cool:

HPIM1110.jpg

Any Valver owner who's had THAT chat with the MOT tester will know what they're looking at above.
To this Below...

HPIM1106.jpg

As the week drew to a close we had a delivery we've been intreaged about for quite a while now. THE FIBREGLASS DOORS HAVE ARRIVED!

Photo-0248.jpg

These are not a mod for the faint hearted! No hinges or marks where they should be, no holes for the door catch or provision to fit windows but hey ho we'll get the better of em!

I got to work this morning at 7:30 with one intention. Fit the doors. I had to start off by mounting them in position lined up with the wing and quarter before taking the wing off to mark were i need to mount the hinges. This took LOTS of gaffer tape and cardboard lol.

P1053192.jpg

P1053191.jpg

P1053193.jpg

After a fair bit of head scratching about how the hinges were to be fitted to the door, I got it all bolted up and fitted in about 3-4hrs. This however gave me a clear plan of how to do the N/S so that really only took an hour or so.

P1063194.jpg

P1063195.jpg

P1063200.jpg

P1063196.jpg

A morning well spent i think you'll agree! Now there's a few bits of tin worm to tidy and then it's ready for the painters. Fingers crossed for the middle of next week:cool:

Rb 182
Thats amazing, top quality repair and the doors look spot on and a complete biatch to fit!! They must weigh grams!!

Keep up the good work
Dave and John!

M

mini-valver

I LOVE those doors!! Awesome fella's, it's going to be a show car more than a track car ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
does the car have a sunroof hatch, if it has had you may aswell not panel that over also before it gets painted?

otherwise sweet as....really good this

ValverInBits
^^ carbon roof panel mate. These guys are more than one step ahead of the game. ;)

This is simply an awesome build. I dread to think how much cash has been ploughed into it, but it's all going to be worth it.
Well done lads. Get it done :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Wow, I wish I was nearer Bedford could do with a proffesional arch repairer rather than a cowboy - very jealous!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
wow! looking great!

i'd be project nuts if i had a nice workspace like that to work in!!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
wow! looking great!

i'd be project nuts if i had a nice workspace like that to work in!!

Hey, hey, hey!!!!! We've not got a space like that to work in, we've been working in a tiny powerless council garage for half the project and the rest of it was done in a mates front garden! I'm paying an hourly rate to get all this done at my work and so far Pete has booked 25hrs+ with a bit of tin worm still to do!
However I'm ever so glad everyone is still interested in our thread as we've been on it forever.
Hopfully as its all starting to come together we'll be able to show you at trax this year, but we are willing to sacravice that deadline to get the car perfect.
Keep your fingers crossed for us please as we need all the help we can get to get this project done.

Awesome stuff, I looked in ages ago, but never posted anything up. It's come on loads since I looked in:cool:

I'm in love with the flocked dash & carbon stuff (esp that roof) You boys have a lot of skill & dedication:approve: As others have said the car will be a beast once completed.

I'll check back as I can't wait to see it painted up:)

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Been following this Project from the start, its good to see someone doing the job properly and not cutting any corners! Love the carbon roof!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Ok ok fella's we were kinda holding out to make the post that we'd been so desperate to make... White valver shell. However a super busy paintshop has put paid to that but i've been assured it and all the panels will be painted by next weekend.

However we've not been slacking in the alapsed time. I spent a few evenings at work staying late at work to stonechip the underside of the car white as i've decided i want the underneath painted as well and white won't cover black underseal.

26072008909.jpg

26072008916.jpg

The following weekend Moo and i went to my work nice and early to finish off making the doors work AND fit as we want all the wing bolts etc painted over when it's sprayed so it looks factory. This also involved fitting the catches which like many previous jobs took one 3hr O/S learning job and another quick easy N/S fitment.

26072008907.jpg

26072008911.jpg

26072008912.jpg

26072008913.jpg

26072008914.jpg

26072008917.jpg

26072008919.jpg

26072008918.jpg

26072008920.jpg

While all this was causing premature baldness the inlet was away getting pampered at a local engine builders/engineering shop. Matched inlets FTW.

26072008922.jpg

Next was some itchy itchy nonesense heatwrapping the exhast and since then we've just been very busy making sure none of the 16year old components and the long since layed up engine embarrass the shiny new paint on the shell.

23072008901.jpg

23072008899.jpg

23072008900.jpg

30072008926.jpg

31072008934.jpg

HPIM1141.jpg

HPIM1132-1.jpg

03082008944.jpg

HPIM1145-1.jpg

Some of these aren't the best pictures but you get the idea! Thanks so much for the interest we'll keep you updated as much as possible. Chris and Moo