ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another BG 182

I'll take you out in mine at Snetterton, see if you like the ITB's, bear in mind tho if you went for ITB's having cam's you'd have a lot more power than mine!!
Your more than welcome to jump in mine aswell for a bit and see what you think as that will run bodies and 421's :) That is if I remember to bring a passenger seat lol

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cool I will look forward to that,I know that with ITBS it will be a quick car,but I want something a bit mental.Really missing the power of my s4,that car was mental but with 4 wheel drive even 500 bhp and 550 ft/lb it was a bit predictable.I have always wanted a really quick front wheel drive car,wanted to s/c my vr6 corrado but chickened out and if I don't s/c the Clio I think I will regret it.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
That would be awesome BIGASH don't forget that seat.You are both welcome in my car for a couple of laps too you car see how the carbon wing mirrors handle lol

Trafic 140dci
Cool I will look forward to that,I know that with ITBS it will be a quick car,but I want something a bit mental.Really missing the power of my s4,that car was mental but with 4 wheel drive even 500 bhp and 550 ft/lb it was a bit predictable.I have always wanted a really quick front wheel drive car,wanted to s/c my vr6 corrado but chickened out and if I don't s/c the Clio I think I will regret it.
Think your better off going out in James car as he's running 215bhp and you'd be more likely to be around that figure, rather than my little old 202.7bhp :eek: Your still more than wellcome in my car though :)

In all honesty tho i don't need any more power than i have now, but i've never driven anything more powerful than my clio so can't compare it to anything else.

That would be awesome BIGASH don't forget that seat.You are both welcome in my car for a couple of laps too you car see how the carbon wing mirrors handle lol
Not a problem mate I will set a reminder :) It will be the afternoon if thats okay as its the first time the car will of run so will need to sort out a basic setup and make sure it runs okay :)! Thanks for the offer mate and would love to take you up on it but will have to see how the day goes as I think it will be pretty hectic :s
Think your better off going out in James car as he's running 215bhp and you'd be more likely to be around that figure, rather than my little old 202.7bhp :eek: Your still more than wellcome in my car though :)

In all honesty tho i don't need any more power than i have now, but i've never driven anything more powerful than my clio so can't compare it to anything else.
We need to make sure it works first ;) Yours must be great to drive, the results were fab and at least you can use yours easily on the road lol! I'm looking forward to seeing it

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No worry's James,as for your car Lewis if I had a car with that sort of power when I was 21 then I would be more than happy,looking forward to seeing both your cars next week

Trafic 140dci
No worry's James,as for your car Lewis if I had a car with that sort of power when I was 21 then I would be more than happy,looking forward to seeing both your cars next week
Believe me I am, but that's only coz I have a girlfriend that drives and a work van, so means I can have a toy :p

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Decided to make the most of the weather today and gave the car good clean.

engineclean024.jpg

engineclean017.gif

engineclean002.gif

engineclean006.jpg

engineclean009.jpg

engineclean025.jpg

Going to get the car booked in a TDF to have there ECU 1 fitted,still can't decide what to do power wise and having the ECU 1 will give me a few options (ITB,S/C or even a turbo) plus I don't have to pay out for everything in one go which will help.

Going to do a mini service tomorrow and change the temp sensor as mine is playing up,hope to get some better mpg as I think this is being affected due to the sensor making the car run a bit rich plus I keep hitting the cold limiter at times as the temp drops.

engineclean031.jpg

No more dash lights:)

engineclean013.jpg

Forgot to say I have also ordered some ds2500 pads today,will be the first proper track pads I have had in the car they are much needed after using standard pads on all my track days so far:eek:

Will be at Snetterton on the 21st of this month.

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Car looks lovelly, one of the best BG on here. You'll love the ds2500, i noticed the difference strait away on the road, looking forward to giving them some stick on the 21st :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Have spoken with matt at Tdf with regards to having the EC1 fitted,it seems that there is no real point in having the ecu fitted at the moment and would cost more if I decide to go with ITB's which is looking more like the case.So will just buy the ecu for now and get it fitted with Itb kit in a few weeks time.

Fitted the new sensor at the weekend has done the trick with gauge,didn't have time to do the oil/plugs ect so it looks like I will have to get the flood light out one night this week,also need to fit the ds2500's as well.

I have also got some nice blue magnecor ht leads ,silver vision bulbs and also ordered some carbon bullets and a carbon front diamond

Have spoken with matt at Tdf with regards to having the EC1 fitted,it seems that there is no real point in having the ecu fitted at the moment and would cost more if I decide to go with ITB's which is looking more like the case.So will just buy the ecu for now and get it fitted with Itb kit in a few weeks time.

Fitted the new sensor at the weekend has done the trick with gauge,didn't have time to do the oil/plugs ect so it looks like I will have to get the flood light out one night this week,also need to fit the ds2500's as well.

I have also got some nice blue magnecor ht leads ,silver vision bulbs and also ordered some carbon bullets and a carbon front diamond
Haha I had just written a reply to your post from the other day and then you had put the new one which made my post look rather random so deleted that quickly lol!

Sounds like a plan to me Dom and if you want to get a feel for the ITB's your more than welcome to do some straight line testing up and down the pit car park on Saturday ;) lol

The other bits sound good aswell and have reminded me that I need to get some silver visions for mine!

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I think just seeing your car James is going to be painful on my wallet,if I do go for the Itb's I will look into a nos set up as well for 1/4 mile work.

Thanks dmallet,still got to love the ph1's

I think just seeing your car James is going to be painful on my wallet,if I do go for the Itb's I will look into a nos set up as well for 1/4 mile work.
Haha I think seeing and hearing the ITB's will sell them to you and I think if you were to fit similar long ITB's you'd get very similar output as me because the 438's and 421's are so similar :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
New leads and silver visions turned up today,pads should be here tomorrow so will be able to get everything done tomorrow night all ready for snetterton.:)

LEADS001.jpg

Will deffo be going for the longer trumpets James,I think I might go for the carbon air box as well and possibly a set of ARP bolts.

Very interested to see your dyno graph once the car is mapped.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Have spoken to Matt and he is doing a multipoint nos kit on a itb car at the moment,he said it works very well:),just waiting to find out some more details.This will be added at a later date just wanted to know that there are options for more power if I settle on a ITB kit

Good to see that you don't mind getting rid of the slam panel etc as in the scheme of things its a fairly cheap way to get a few more horses/ torque. ARP bolts would also be a good idea. I personally would save the money and just run a solid alloy or carbon back plate but I think its just personal choice. As said in my thread once I get it then I will send it straight over to you mate :)

I saw the work Matt did with the multipoint injection NOS and it was epic work, it really was very impressive!

Trafic 140dci
Good to see that you don't mind getting rid of the slam panel etc as in the scheme of things its a fairly cheap way to get a few more horses/ torque. ARP bolts would also be a good idea. I personally would save the money and just run a solid alloy or carbon back plate but I think its just personal choice. As said in my thread once I get it then I will send it straight over to you mate :)

I saw the work Matt did with the multipoint injection NOS and it was epic work, it really was very impressive!
On the radiator subject, it may be worth getting a polo rad, only £30, alot shorter in height, little bit wider, alot thicker too, and aparently has a bigger surface area :) i've been running one for 3 months now and it's superb, loads of room around ITB's.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Won't be getting the carbon air box now,Matt has told me that it actually loses a bit of power compared with a open filter, I thought it may of helped with a NOS set up as I didn't realize you could have multi point injection.As I have said the NOS will be much later in the year.

The ARP's are going to be a must I think,will get Matt to have a good look at the engine when it go's in for the ITB's finger's crossed it's not in too bad condition.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I think a rad will be on the list mate,did Matt get it for you and does that price include a fan as I presume this would also be smaller.

Trafic 140dci
I think a rad will be on the list mate,did Matt get it for you and does that price include a fan as I presume this would also be smaller.
It was sourced through links i found on here and i had to make some brackets up, a 30cm fan is about £25 off ebay, will show you saturday and explain the mounts to you :) then i'll send you the links sunday.

RS172 Flamer
I love the look of this, track car style that isn't fully stripped. Bravo!

I'd say the engine bay will looks nice and tidy with the ITB's. Could do with a front strut :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Jake trying to make it seem the car is Standard to the untrained eye a limited edition maybe:)Itb's will be coming soon

New pads turned up today so will be fitting tonight along with oil plugs leads ect

moreforsale007.jpg

I have found a second hand Ec1 and should be buying it asap will be a good saving on new so hopefully will be able to get the ITB'S done sooner:)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No worry's Lewis will do when I get a chance not been out in the car yet going to take it out in a bit:)

Thanks James always wanted a set of these leads they do look good.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Very impressed with the new pads,only bedding in at the moment but they feel really good can't wait to give them some punishment tomorrow.

Had a bit of a clear out and sold lots of the standard parts that I had taken off the car,so with the extra cash I think I am going to get some Oreca race door cards was going to get carbon one's but think they are a bit over the top so just getting the poly ones.

Trafic 140dci
Very impressed with the new pads,only bedding in at the moment but they feel really good can't wait to give them some punishment tomorrow.

Had a bit of a clear out and sold lots of the standard parts that I had taken off the car,so with the extra cash I think I am going to get some Oreca race door cards was going to get carbon one's but think they are a bit over the top so just getting the poly ones.
Was speaking to Matt at TDF about those, he also said there isn't much point in the carbon ones, the Poly ones are just as light :)