ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another BG 182

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Hi guys and gals,thought I would get a few pics of the progress with my 182,had the car for about 6 months now and I am really enjoying it.The car was pretty much standard when I got her just a yozza cat back system had been added,so I got to work making the car into my own,first of all I decided to go for a decat pipe,couldn't get a yozza so went for a ktr decat pipe,I think I my have had a collapsed cat,because this made quite a difference to the power and feel of the car not to mention the noise,and what a noise never thought a clio could sound so mean.I also added a ITG filter and drilled the cold side of the airbox,then it was of to TDF for a custom remap,the was running a good 172.2 hp and 149 ft/lb and Matt said it was a good for standard,so on with the remap,power is now up to 179.6 hp and 159.2 ft/lb very pleased with the result car feels much better to drive,with better power lower down in the rev range.

Right now it was time to get her looking meaner,not being a big fan of coilovers on the road,I went for a set of Eibach sportline springs,very good bit of kit,car now sits really nice and handles a lot better without sitting to low.Next it was onto the nasty plastic trim,going for that stealth look so I have done the front grills,fog light surrounds,bullets,badges etc in satin black looks so much better,I also added a carbon front splitter and carbon tail pipe surrounds,I have also done the silver trim inside the car in satin as well,I have also removed the rear wiper.

I am not sure what to do next,I would like to go for the RS2 manifold with some 428s and maybe some head work,want the car to be really responsive and to stay N/A.

I have also fitted new exhaust hangers on the rear of the car,but still can't seem to get the pipes sitting right,was thinking of getting them heated up and using some gentle force to get them right(any thoughts on this would be useful)

The car has clso had new plugs,ht leads,and Elf 5w 40

Will keep this updated as and when I get more done.

Attachments

• clio park 001.jpg
    clio park 001.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 183
  • clio park 003.jpg
    clio park 003.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 183
  • clio park 005.jpg
    clio park 005.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 177
  • clio park 006.jpg
    clio park 006.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 151
  • clio park 008.jpg
    clio park 008.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 170
  • clio park 009.jpg
    clio park 009.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 189
  • low clio 018.jpg
    low clio 018.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 196
  • clio dyno 001.jpg
    clio dyno 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 253
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just a little update,I have decided to go down the supercharger route,originally I wanted to keep the car N/A but having looked at the cost vs power its just too much money for the gains that are on offer.I will be purchasing the s/c kit from Ktec and hopefully will fit the kit with a mate who is a very good mechanic,then the car will go down to Ktec to be mapped.This is all dependant on time,I am waiting for Ktec to get back to me to let me know they have all the kit in stock,I want to get the kit fitted this weekend if possible because I am off to the ring on the 7th july and want to make sure I sort any teething problems before then.If I can't get the kit by the weekend the car will go down to Ktec and be fitted there as I wont have time to do it myself due to work commitments.

I was going to do a stage by stage fitting thread within this thread if I get the kit by the weekend,might be of help to people in the future,will try and get some photos if it goes to ktec of the fitting process.

I have added a few bits since the last post,ss brake lines with 5.1 dot fluid,ktec carbon fibre rear strut brace(wanted a whiteline atb really but everyone seems to be out of stock)and a metal foot rest lol.The lines have made a good difference,firmer pedal,less fade,also the strut brace is a good edition thought it might just look nice but it seems to keep rear of the car nice and tight,I must admit I seem to notice it more on the road then on the track for some reason.I am hoping to get the whiteline before I go to the ring,if anyone knows somewhere that have some that would be handy,will get some pics up at weekend or next week some time,and yes there will be speedo vids up hopefully doing 150+ down the autobahn:cool:

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Decided against supercharging at the moment,I decided to sort out the handling and a few other bits listed below

H&R Coilovers
Whiteline arb
Ktec solid topmounts
Prima racing exhaust mounts
Ktec sports cat
Powerflex bush's front arb and wishbones
Oreca Wheel and boss
Carbon dash and gear knob inserts
Flocked dash
Alpine headunit with Pioneer custom fit speakers tweeters and MTX 8" sub with quick release cables

Will be taking the car to ktec to have there new cams fitted as soon as they can get me booked in,going to have a good look/drive at there project cars before deciding what to do over the winter.

Things still to do

Stripped rear with Treadline's/Recaro Apex's (will be carpeting the rear so it looks factory esq not to sure about what to do with the sub)
Engine/gearbox mounts
Uprated disc's pads/4 pots if I go for big power
Carbon engine cover/wing mirrors
3M Carbon wrapped roof gloss finish
Wheels are a possibility 2118s,Turini's,I do really like the standard wheels,so maybe just a refurb
More power:evil:

Any suggestions welcome and thanks for looking

A few pics

Attachments

• clio santapod 019.jpg
    clio santapod 019.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 180
  • clio santapod 020.jpg
    clio santapod 020.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 186
  • clio santapod 026.jpg
    clio santapod 026.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 153
  • clio santapod 027.jpg
    clio santapod 027.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 151
  • clio santapod 029.jpg
    clio santapod 029.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 141
  • clio santapod 025.jpg
    clio santapod 025.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 186
  • clio santapod 024.jpg
    clio santapod 024.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 223
  • clio santapod 022.jpg
    clio santapod 022.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 286
  • whiteline mounts 001.jpg
    whiteline mounts 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 236
  • whiteline mounts 002.jpg
    whiteline mounts 002.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 239
  • whiteline mounts 003.jpg
    whiteline mounts 003.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 204
  • whiteline mounts 004.jpg
    whiteline mounts 004.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 191
Love the interior! looks awesome. The rest of the mods seem really sensible too, proper stuff to make it go faster/handle better. Well played

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
The brace works well but the whiteline transforms the cars handling,put it on when I still had the sportlines on and it made a big difference,more so than the H&R's,but with the whole package at the moment the car is on rails.

Thanks for the comments

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just spoke to ktec and the will be having the cams fitted on Monday,will be interesting to see what my car makes on there roller's(compared to TDF 179.6 bhp 159 ft/lbs) before the cams go in.Going to have to leave my house at 4 30 am to get there for 8 30 :eek:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cam's are now fitted and wow what a difference,the car pulls so strong now and it's so smooth,ktec really seem to have done there homework.I would say the cams are even smoother than standard,very very impressed.The extra torque that is developed low down(see graph)make's it feel that the engine has gone up a few cc,you can really feel it.I must say the service I received from Ktec was top notch,they did not have a hire car so the lovely lady(can't remember her name sorry)at reception gave me and my dad a lift into Bournemouth and we had a nice day by the seaside and got picked up later on,top service.

The gains achieved were 18.5 bhp and 15 ft/lb,I think that even Andy was impressed its the best gains they have had so far:clap:

Will be taking the car back to TDF in the coming weeks to see what there Dyno has to say and see what Matt thinks of the cams.

On another note,when Ktec carried out the work they said that a few bolts ect on the cambelt were loose,so it looks like I had a lucky escape there,again thanks Ktec,they did ask me if it was them who done the last cambelt change,but alas it was done by JMS

Graph is below,let me know what you think,and what you would do next,power wise that is.Andy said the cams will work well with ITBS and s/c set ups.

Attachments

• clio cams 002.jpg
    clio cams 002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 173
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks an awesome project!! Really made it your own!!
Can I ask, what exactly have you done to the airbox? And did it make a difference? Dont want an ik!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks
Just removed the air box and drilled some 10mm holes in the cold side at the bottom(the side where the cold air feed comes in),will give a bit better sound,not a lot more power though,just a cheap induction set up really.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Does it not have the adverse effect that taking off the top airfeed pipe does? That seemed to lose torque.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Its just something I have done on all my cars down the years,mainly for the sound,gains/loses are minimal,so not worth worrying about.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Get them mate both worth there wait in gold,tip,don't do the link nuts up as tight as the ones in the pic,thought it was a bit loose after my mate had fitted it and thought I can do up a couple of bolts,well I can too much it seems,read the instructions afterwards DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN LINK BOLTS MAY CAUSE FAILURE lol I have done properly now though:D

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just a update on my progress,decided to strip out the rear seats as the car is being used more on track now,I have used some sound proof foam with carpet on top to cover the boot ect,looks tidy and the foam really works well in reducing the the db's in the car and weighs nothing.Will have to remove the top nut on the rear suspension adjusters as the car now sits a little high.Very happy with the improved handling and responsiveness of the car now.Will be adding some buckets as soon as I can afford some nice ones.

I have done a deal for some AT Itb's and a gen90 ecu:Dwill be going to Tdf in a couple of weeks to have them fitted,will be good to get the car on there RR as it stands at the moment and see if I get similar gains to what I achieved at ktec when the cams went in.Hope to see some good gains from the Itbs,can't wait to hear that sound:cool:

Having had some bad experience with some polish/wax's I decided to ask what Dr Jekell was using as his car always looks very good,he recommended Poorboys black hole glaze and there Natty's paste wax,this is the best polish I have used easy on/off leaves a awesome wet look finish that feels like glass and the paste smells of Huba Buba bubble gum,nice one thanks mate.

Attachments

• stripped 001.jpg
    stripped 001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 112
  • stripped 002.jpg
    stripped 002.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 109
  • stripped 003.jpg
    stripped 003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 129
  • stripped 004.jpg
    stripped 004.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 102
  • stripped 005.jpg
    stripped 005.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 120
  • stripped 006.jpg
    stripped 006.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 133
  • stripped 007.jpg
    stripped 007.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 120
  • stripped 008.jpg
    stripped 008.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 108
  • stripped 009.jpg
    stripped 009.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 105
  • stripped 010.jpg
    stripped 010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 122
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Title change Dom's black track beasty (If a mod can change this for me that would be great thanks)

Update

Car is booked in at Tdf next Weds to have the Itbs fitted,going to have slam panel removed and have aerocatches,will also be having cup alternator set up fitted as well.

New wheels will be going on Monday,satin black pro race 1.2's with yoko parada spec 2's

New seats will be going in when car comes back from Tdf,Cobra suzuka pro's kevlar backed

I think that will be it for the car until after xmas

Things still to do

Roll cage
carbon door cards
r888's
Race battery and relocation kit

Probably loads more but can't think at the moment

Had a great day at Brands hatch the other day with Renault sport,really getting the track bug now,just want to get on track all the time,it was the 5th track day I have done since my first at Snetterton 4 months ago.

Tracks driven so far

Snetterton x2
Brands Hatch
Rockingham
Nurburgring

Will get some pics of everything once fitted,will have photo bucket sorted so pics should be better.

Dom

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
glad to be of service dom. man you change your mind alot!!

"current" future upgrades sound good. i coundnt fault the parada spec 2's in the dry, immense amount of grip. cammed itb setup too? very nice indeed :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Spec 2's are gash, end of. Get some pe2's on those wheels, hugely better tyres for driving dad to day.

You've got some lovely upgrades, should see a nice gain with the ITB's and cams.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Lol I can never make my mind up,think I am on the right path now and I am very happy with how the car is coming together.Thanks.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
What's the matter with ps2s,I have yoko s drives on the standard wheels and found them really good so would have the spec 2's would only be better.<br><br>The car go's very well at the moment so with the Itbs and the cobras in it should really fly. Thanks

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
The guy I am buying the itbs off has pulled out of the deal,paid a deposit 2 weeks ago,what a total f**king w*nker.

In a way I am not that bothered as I was only going for the At kit because it was a good deal,will now buy the kit from ktec and might even fit them myself.

The guys forum name is FORSTER so if you are buying anything from him watch out.

Awwww dude come on.....

I contacted you as soon as I knew what was happening, I explained the situation, I was very apologetic, I refunded your money instantly.

I have had many dealings on here before and they have all gone smoothly, on this one occasion things went sour from my end, and I can understand you are upset about that, I would be too, I will apologize again for that...

But anyways good luck with your car

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
What ever dude,car should not have been for sale once a deal had been arranged,if you were having money problems then you should have contacted me and we could have sorted something out.
You have also let down TDF as they had 3-4 days booked for the work to be carried out,when I spoke to them yesterday they didn't seem to happy as you had failed to call them.
Like I said in my text not the way to do business.

I refused peoples offers on the car since the deal was made, I spent over £100 on parts for the exchange, so it's not asif I was never going to go through with the deal, then I got offered well over the odds for the full car which to be honest Ididnt think the buyer was serious but he was and I would of been stupid to refuse, I tried contacting tdf twice but I got no answer, I've apologized enough times, and I'll leave it at that!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Picked my new seats up Friday night,thanks Dan sorry for being so late.

seats003.jpg

seats002.jpg

seats001.jpg

Just need to get the side mounts and subframes.

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just a few pics of the car.

hrclio013.jpg

hrclio010.gif

hrclio009.gif

hrclio008.gif

I have removed fog lights and used mesh on the holes,brakes seem to work a bit better like this.

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Wheels on very happy with them,they look awesome in the flesh,pics are not to bad either:)

prorace001.jpg

prorace004.gif

prorace013.jpg

prorace012.jpg

Hoping to get the seats in next week sometime

Trafic 140dci
looks good mate, changed abit since i saw it at snetterton, has to be one of the nicest BG 182's on here, you going to ITB's for the RR meet? will be interesting to see what they make with the 438 cams :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks mate,don't think I am going to get the Itbs done until next year now,can't really afford to buy a brand new kit at the moment.Need to speak to ktec to see how the 438s perform with itbs,may even change my mind by then and go back to my original plan to supercharge,watch this space lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
black on black looks very good! you went with the paradas then i see.

do you have spacers on there dom? it seems the wheels stick out rather nicely.