ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another BG 182

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Had a great day at Snetterton yesterday,the weather was a bit pants in the morning and was peeing down,first time I have been out on track in the rain so just took it easy but will push a bit harder next time if it happens again as I quite enjoyed it.

The weather was much better in the afternoon so really got a chance to push the car,the new ds2500 pads were awesome gave me so much more confidence to brake later and later going into the corners,I would say they are the best mod I have made to the car.The car preformed great all day with no problems,only thing that spoilt the day were all the red flags.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
EC1 came in the post today thanks Mark:)

Have decided to go for Itbs with Nos ,car will go to TDF in the next few weeks just need to find the time to get it there.Engine spec will be

AT long spec ITBS(slam panel removed/aero catches fitted)
ITG filter with solid backplate
EC1 ECU
ARP rod bolts
Polo rad with smaller fan
Catcams 438's(in at present)
WON multipoint nitrous kit with 11lb bottle and minimax control (50 bhp jet)

Hope to be around 210+bhp and 175+ft/lb with nos running this will rise to 260+bhp and 230+ft/lb,should go quite well and will be interesting to see how the 438's preform with the AT ITB'S

Will be plumbing the Nos kit with a mate which will help out with the penny's wanted to do the ITB kit as well but the price that Matt charges to fit the kit is very reasonable and he has loads of experience with them so best to let him do it.

ec1002.gif

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I did see your graph James looked very good,it will be interesting to see how the 438's compare with the 421's as everyone keeps banging on about the fact the are very similar.

Just want to get it done Mark has done my head in deciding what to do and this will be a little bit different.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Will be using the Nos very sparingly,I like to go to Santa pod a few times each year so will be mainly used for this and maybe down the straits on track now and again :)

Hoping to have everything done by March,and that will be the car finished,well sort of lol

Sounds like a good idea as I can't imagine they are cheap to fill! It will be a beast down the straights on track if you use it lol :)

I said my car would be finished by now but there is an ever increasing list of parts that I had forgotten about :( Its never ending! lol

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Works out at £5 per lb at most places so yes very expensive if you use it a lot,the closest place I can get it filled is about 50 miles away so will only get it filled for track days and 1/4 miles,will probably never get used on the road.

The actual kit is very reasonable to buy considering what gains can be achieved and should be quite strait forward to fit.

I am not sure if a car can ever be called finished there's always something lol

RS172 Flamer
The car will be awesome with the engine mods. Do you have a de-cat? As it would sound awesome down the 1/4 mile, especially with the NOS!

Clio 182 FF Cup :)
looks brill fella really like the mods how much is it lowered in front and back if dont mind me asking looking to get mine lowererd not sure were to start just yet =)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Little update,starting to get a few bits together

ARP bolts,polo rad with smaller fan(new thermostat as well)

carbon2clio006.jpg

Will be fitting this lot towards the end of the month as I only changed the oil a couple of weeks ago and will need doing again when the bolts are fitted,then it will be off to TDF in march to have the bodies fitted,going to hold off on the NOS set up for a couple of more months.

Also fitted my carbon bullets/front diamond and silver vision bulbs
toweyedone004.gif

toweyedone002.gif

carbon2clio007.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
looks brill fella really like the mods how much is it lowered in front and back if dont mind me asking looking to get mine lowererd not sure were to start just yet =)

Thanks mate,not sure how much is lowered compared to standard,from middle of wheel to arch front 310mm and back is 290mm,these are only rough measurements hope this helps,car is on H&R's.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Picked up some Turbines wrapped in 888's on Friday night for a good price tyres have only down a few hundred miles on the road,so are not far off new really.The Turbines are in not too bad condition,but will be giving them a refurb myself with a rattle can,think I am going to do them a bronze colour.

As for the engine work,everything is on hold at the moment,I am starting a new business so that will be taking the brunt of my money.Hopefully if the new business go's well should be able to get the car finished by the end of the year maybe.

A few pics of the Turbines

Before a good clean

turbines006.jpg

After a good clean
turbines007.jpg

Put them on to see what they looked like and how they preformed on the road,not sure if I like them on the car(maybe need some spacers)but as for grip,they are awesome,can't wait to get to Snetterton next Friday to give them some stick.
turbines011.jpg

turbines010.gif

Having a few issues of late with the car feeling a bit lumpy low down,fuel consumption not being the best and the car wanting to stall when pulling up at junctions.Put the car on a code reader and came up with o2 sensor in the cat,so changed it for a spare one I happened to have laying about and what a difference,car feels much better now and feels like it may have got a few ponys back it really seems to fly and my MPG is up from 31 to 34 as well so can't be bad.

The stalling problem seems to be down to the alternator,with the weather being nice and not having the heater on ect I have noticed it's not so bad and at night when its a bit cooler and the lights on it is much worse.So I am thinking either the alternator is on its way out or it is just not up to the job as it is slightly different to the standard one.Will be getting a recon unit from clio spares next week and hopefully this will sort it out.

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not updated this for ages as I have been saving up to get a supercharger, well I have finally got one. I installed the kit with the help of a mate.

A few pics of the install.

scpipeworkandchargerbraket003.jpg

scpipeworkandchargerbraket002.jpg

scpics2001.jpg

scpics2002.jpg

scpics003.jpg

scpics2003.jpg

scpics2005.jpg

scpics2006.jpg

scpics2007.jpg

scpics2011.gif

scpics2013.gif

scpics2012.gif

Fitting the charger was a bit of a pain due to me haveing the cup alternator set up, so had to bend the pas pipe again and put the power steering pump back to its original position. In total it took about 6-7 hours to fit everything mainly down to having to mess about with the pas lines, but all in all it was quite simple.

Once the kit was installed we took the car out a test run, the Gen 90 supplied with the kit had a base map on it with a 4.5 k limiter, the car started first time and the test drive went without issue.

We finished installing the kit at about 11 pm last Thursday due to not have all the bits we needed and I had to get up a 5.30 am to take it down to Ktec to have the car mapped, I was a bit nervous due to it being a 190 mile drive, but the car made it with no issues.

The car went straight on the dyno once the install had been checked over by Andy at ktec, everything was going fine the car had been mapped when Andy called me to the dyno room to see the car do some finale power runs. As the car was doing the first power run it just stopped, at first Andy thought the car had run out of petrol which I thought was a bit strange, checked that there was fuel and then tried to turn the car over but it didn't sound to clever. It seems the cam belt had slipped gutted.

When the car was taken apart I was told that the bottom pulley on the cam belt had not been done up to the correct torque which caused the problem. The car has got to have a new head:(

Well the car is being fixed with a new head, full cambelt kit and the all important Megane key way bottom pulley. Maybe I should have fitted the meg pulley from the off, as then then I maybe wouldn't be in this situation, but you live and learn and was told that it was a bolt not being tight enough not the lack of the meg pulley, I don't know what to think really so have just taken it on the chin. Ktec have done me a great price to fix the car and I should have it back early next week.

I caught the moment it went tits up on camera
th_bang002.gif

I have also uprated the brakes to Wilwood 4 pots with ap rotors, they came up at a really good price so had to snap them up, they are like brand new.

scpics005.jpg

On the brighter side the car made some really good power, it was up to 262.5 bhp when it went bang at 6000 rmp and had produced 250 ft/lb. Looks like it should make around 270 bhp and 250 ft/lb which I will be very happy with.

RS2'd Trophy
Good work Dom!

Will be a great car with the supercharger, Plenty of low down grunt aswell id imagine!

James

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Mark, just want it back.

Are you going for one of the ktec ID kits, you should do they are a great bit of kit, esp if you get some 438's as well.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I need my belts done next year as I'm on 69k so if the budget stretches then it would be rude not to put 438s and I'd on :)

What made you decide on the supercharger instead of itbs? Thought you was going itbs and nitrous?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Power mate, plus not really going on track that much any more, it costs a fortune when you drive the car hard what with tyres, petrol, brake pads ect. Will probably do 1 or 2 track days a year now with the s/c kit and use the car mainly on the road. Plus I have always wanted to s/c a car and with me getting old now had to do it on the Clio or it would never have happened.

You should deffo get the 438s and ID make's so much difference to the car, will make you car even better than it is now.

Renault Clio 172
:hail:

Love this car mate, absolutely gutted for you about the cambelt situation :(

Hope mine turns out 50% as good as yours and i'll be chuffed haha!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Dan, car will be at the FMS rr day, but I don;t think I dare put it on the rollers but will take you for a spin if you want. The supercharger brackets are a nice design, there is a bit of messing about moving the rad forward a bit in order to fit the charger induction pipe and air filter and is still really tight, I am looking at getting a different induction pipe that will put the air filter to the right hand side of the bay which will look a lot neater.

SCAirfilter002.jpg

A few more pics of the install, oil lines plumbed in for the charger cooler.

sc3009.gif

sc3006.jpg

Olix99, I am sure yours will be just as good if you stick with it, what do you have planned?

Shouldnt be to hard to put it behind the battery like the ktec induction kit.

Few bits of hose and some bends and you'll be sorted!

Ill take you up on the offer to go out in it :D I have been in Danny's and it certainly shifts so will be good to compare the difference.

Trafic 140dci
Looks awesome Dom, sorry to hear about the pulley, sh*t happens i guess, better it happened while with Andy than on the way home!

The brackets look far superior to the older RS Tuning kit Danny has on his car.

Would you mind pm/texting me what the charger kit costs off them? Looks a very easy install, as you may/may not know i've put my Megane engine build on hold for now as i should be buying a house in the next few months, if it works out cheaper i might do that as one of the reasons i've put my standard engine back is i'm p*ssed off of waiting for parts for the build to come when i have time running out at this address....

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks awesome Dom, sorry to hear about the pulley, sh*t happens i guess, better it happened while with Andy than on the way home!

The brackets look far superior to the older RS Tuning kit Danny has on his car.

Would you mind pm/texting me what the charger kit costs off them? Looks a very easy install, as you may/may not know i've put my Megane engine build on hold for now as i should be buying a house in the next few months, if it works out cheaper i might do that as one of the reasons i've put my standard engine back is i'm p*ssed off of waiting for parts for the build to come when i have time running out at this address....

Thanks Lewis, the install is very easy really esp if you still have air con as the charger takes the place of air con motor so you don't have top piss about with pas lines ect like mine.
I did look into doing the megane thing but just seemed a lot of messing around and this kit has been well proven.

Will fire you over a PM mate.

Trafic 140dci
Thanks mate, so if that just replaces the air con pump does that mean you use all the alternator brackets off the standard 182 engine and same belt?

I only ask as i've just fitted a cup setup on my 182 engine but still have the brackets off my old alternator setup.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Shouldnt be to hard to put it behind the battery like the ktec induction kit.

Few bits of hose and some bends and you'll be sorted!

Ill take you up on the offer to go out in it :D I have been in Danny's and it certainly shifts so will be good to compare the difference.

The air filter won't fit there Dan due to the intercooler pipework, it will have to go under them pipes so will be to the right of the engine near/under the throttle body if you see what I mean.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yes you will need the old brackets and alternator, I take it you haven't bent any PAS lines with it being out of the car.