ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another engine conversion/insurance question

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
got another question regarding engine conversions and the insurance etc

right my car is a MK2 1.2 16v Expression, 2002 02 plate

the clio expression came in 1.2 8v, 1.2 16v, and 1.4 16v along with some diesel engines!

now is there any way i can change my log book etc so that it was a 1.6 16v dynamique and thats all i need to tell the insurance, dont need to say anything about engine conversions as they wouldnt touch me!

thinking about selling up and buying a 1.6 16v clio but the conversion way is going to be cheaper and more fun to be honest lol

Ypou mcan get it chnaged contact the dvla but it will always be a transplent as it came out the factory as a 1.2 it can never be changed that.

Forget a 1.4/1.6 just get a 172 transplant or better still even easier buy a 172.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
172 is out question for 2-3 years,just looking at whats possible if the 1.2 gives up anytime soon as i dont want to put all the effort into the engine change for somethin thats the same if not slower

Martin_89 said:
172 is out question for 2-3 years,just looking at whats possible if the 1.2 gives up anytime soon as i dont want to put all the effort into the engine change for somethin thats the same if not slower
Stick another 1.2 in its much cheaper and easier and save the money for a 172 with tghe same high milage you can pick them up for £2.5k sometimes with milgage as high as your car after all you'd spend £1.5k getting a 1.6 engine up and running a 1.2 is what £300.