ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another LY R26 Owner

Golf Mk5 GTi
Decided to buy myself a new toy after a month or so with the SLK and not really enjoying an auto. I wanted to get back to 'hot hatch' ownership and was toying between a ST3 and a R26. After owning, and loving, a Ph1 172 and a FF182, and doing a bit of research I decided to stick with the Renaultsport brand and picked myself up what I think is a cracking car.

It already had some of the mods done that I wanted to do (cooksport springs, miltek cat back, short shifter) and I have added a R26r spoiler (much prefer this to the original one, which was a right b!tch to get off!) and popped gloss black wing mirror covers on to match this. Have also popped in a new Dab radio with handsfree (a nice discrete one i think) and am taking it to have 4 new Eagle F1s fitted on Weds, and whilst there am getting a service done with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S oil and getting the gearbox oil changed too, with Fuchs Titan Sintofluid.

Things to do - will probably enjoy it as it is at the moment but at somepoint would like to pop a fastchips stage 1 map on it and possibly an induction. I'm sure this list will grow! Looking at some of the crap that is coming out of the exhaust I'm thinking that the injectors will be changed soon too!

Apologies for the iPhone photos at the moment, just took some quick ones when I got to work!

Attachments

• R26.4.jpg
    R26.4.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 79
  • r26.3.jpg
    r26.3.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 84
  • R26.2.jpg
    R26.2.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 89
  • R26.1.jpg
    R26.1.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 84
  Golf Mk5 GTi
I really really would own a LY R26. Lovely mate.

Cheers

Very nice mate!

I like how the meg sits on those cooksport springs. I may have to invest..

Cheers, they are a bit of a ball ache where i work, have to take a couple of the slopes slow, but other than that have had no issues so far with the ride height.

Looks well that, R26R spoiler is a nice addition

Cheers. I was thinking about 2 hours into removing the stuff that held the old one on to the car that perhaps I should have left the old one on, but having finished it i'm well pleased with it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lovely mate. I can't part with mine :cool:

Someone does need to design a fix for the rear exhaust carbon residue on the bumper, though. Real pet hate. Can't really see it on this one, but mine is always the O/S rear tailpipe. Possibly because of the Milltek design.

14536705562_e273a7ac5e_c.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you can afford to mate, try and find some .R wheels. They really set the car off and would look ace on the LYR.

Golf Mk5 GTi
Very Nice! best colour too ;)

Cheers :cool:

Someone does need to design a fix for the rear exhaust carbon residue on the bumper, though. Real pet hate. Can't really see it on this one, but mine is always the O/S rear tailpipe. Possibly because of the Milltek design.

Maybe it's just that then, I though injectors may be on way out as had heard that when they are it spits out some crap. It is a touch annoying!

Car looks great, really like the shape of the Meg sports.

Although Scutch's really does it for me in red!

Cheers - did think the red but my old Fiesta ST was red so didn't go down that route in the end.

If you can afford to mate, try and find some .R wheels. They really set the car off and would look ace on the LYR.

Hopefully one day....the wheels on it are near perfect having been recently refurbed so they will be a way off I would think.

Lovely!

Every time I see one it makes me want my LY back.

Cheers :cool:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

14536705562_e273a7ac5e_c.jpg

Is yours on standard springs Scutch?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahh yeah I remember now - it sits 'just' that bit nicer than standard.

I'm chopping my springs!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They've probably chopped themselves by now!

No honestly mine needs to go down 15mm at the front to look perfect.

275 Trophy
OP, the car looks great especially with the R spoiler in black. Most seem to go body colour. I have the k-tech carbon fibre copy and wonder if it wouldn't look better in gloss black to match the mirrors and wheels.

The soot on the bumper is ever present on mine, being GW. It's the first thing that marks up after cleaning, even before the front bumper is full of dead flies.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like a tidy car :)

ITG kit is great (and worth the expense imo) if you're after an induction kit.

Someone does need to design a fix for the rear exhaust carbon residue on the bumper, though. Real pet hate. Can't really see it on this one, but mine is always the O/S rear tailpipe.

Tell me about it!

8448ED82-586E-48C3-9FD4-7E47FD5BA14E_zpszv9bxgfy.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The way round the bumper issue is to just leave the car to warm up before you go anywhere.

I left mine running for a while before leaving a few times and it doesn't appear.

Sadly impractical but it's an option!

Golf Mk5 GTi
OP, the car looks great especially with the R spoiler in black. Most seem to go body colour. I have the k-tech carbon fibre copy and wonder if it wouldn't look better in gloss black to match the mirrors and wheels.

The soot on the bumper is ever present on mine, being GW. It's the first thing that marks up after cleaning, even before the front bumper is full of dead flies.

Cheers - i did think about colour coding it but thought matching LY would be a bit of a ball ache but more importantly i think it looks better in black :)

Nice mate. Looks tidy!

Cheers :)

Golf Mk5 GTi
Looks like a tidy car :)

ITG kit is great (and worth the expense imo) if you're after an induction kit.

Tell me about it!

8448ED82-586E-48C3-9FD4-7E47FD5BA14E_zpszv9bxgfy.jpg

LOL - that's what mine looked like in my head when i saw the carbon residue a couple of drives after i cleaned it!

Cheers, was looking at the ITG one - will look to do that in a month or two me thinks.