ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another MCS. The track day toy.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Awesome - glad it's up and running again!

I've got mine in for it's MOT tomorrow. Still have a ball joint to replace and a headlight washer to fix before 9am tomorrow. Busy night tonight then!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
MOT done. Car is back on the road :cool:

37202090165_f7d8a1bc86_b.jpg
Untitled by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Then on the way home from work the other day, the wheel arch fell off.

36365087324_45040422a1_k.jpg
Untitled by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

F*cking Minis 😂

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Nice one!

@Sir_Dave

Any ideas on this? I changed the rack on mine last Thursday - all went fine and the rack fixed my steering noise, however my steering pump is a lot noisier now. It was virtually inaudible before, but since the new rack I've developed the typical whine you hear from a lot of them.

The rack is second hand, could it be a bit 'tighter' than the old one, putting more strain on the pump?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So, possibly the end of an era, i've taken a holding deposit on the Mini :cry:
A chap saw it on M3cutters (as per the R56 fJCW), was looking to build an R53 trackcar and is coming to view it next week.
Its not something i ever thought id do, but without off-road storage, i simply cant justify the expense of 3 cars anymore.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So, possibly the end of an era, i've taken a holding deposit on the Mini :cry:
A chap saw it on M3cutters (as per the R56 fJCW), was looking to build an R53 trackcar and is coming to view it next week.
Its not something i ever thought id do, but without off-road storage, i simply cant justify the expense of 3 cars anymore.
Sounds like you need to ditch the Porsche and buy a house so you can save the MINI

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Shame, thought it was part of the family lol
It is, but i cant justify it with all the other things that i need money for at the moment ... weddings in the Maldives aren't cheap 😂
Sounds like you need to ditch the Porsche and buy a house so you can save the MINI
Nah, f*ck that, Porsche is mega.
Mini is being collected on Sunday :up:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I would have been Interested but already have my Fiesta St and the MR2 as a track car and the Wife would go mad if I come home with another toy :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Aaaaaand its gone.
39543076182_eb124f1f5e_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Sarah & i were a little sad to be honest, had some great times in it in the past 3.5 years and it had been in the family for over 10!
Luckily the new owner is a proper petrol head & will carry on to use it for what it was built for, track days!!
Bye bye Mini
cry_blownose.gif